I'm new to this site. I have been on the July 2011 board on WhattoExpect but this looks like a much more chill place to be!
I'm due July 11. Can you add me to the list?
I'm from Bermuda, living in Denmark, 36 and pregnant for the first time. My husband and I are sooooo excited! We are planning a home water birth. I've just started reading about hypnobirthing and I'm now looking for a course nearby in English, which might be a stretch... We had our NT scan and blood test and found out we are high risk (1:14) and have decided to just wait and see what happens (because although the numbers are scary at first, it still means a 93% chance of no Down Syndrome, and the other 7% is not such a bad thing when we thought and talked about it a bit more). The neck fold was 2 mm, but the blood work skewed the result. Does anyone know about increased risk for people of African/Caribbean descent? The nurse called me back the next day after quoting a figure of 1:46. She said she had made a mistake and put in Caucasian out of habit (we're in Denmark, after all) and when she re-ran the numbers with African/Caribbean, my risk went from 1:46 (97% fine) to 1:14 (93% fine). The info I found online was sketchy and referred to increased risk of sickle cell anemia (which I am not a carrier for). I was just wondering if anyone has come across this.
Anyway, I am enjoying my pregnancy and the miracle of the life growing inside me. I'm trying to prepare, physically, mentally and emotionally for motherhood. I'm also a bit of a book freak, so I've been reading voraciously and ordering books left right and center!
My belly just popped this morning, at 15 weeks and 1 day. It looks like I'm wearing loose pants to work. Luckily I'm a chef in a cafe, so it's ok. We serve organic vegetarian food, and the owner is a bit of a hippie so it doesn't really matter what I wear!
I've been feeling little flutters off and on for about a week. Feels like when we used to get goldfish from the pet store, and you could feel them fluttering around in the plastic bag on the way home. But in my belly! It's exciting, but looking forward to more distinct movement!