I'm very frustrated.
So, the dr. from my midwife's office said yes it's a hernia, yes you need surgery, yes let's schedule it at the hospital. They will call you and let you know when.
So i wait all day for the call (which I miss but then catch the voicemail) that they scheduled it for Jan 16! Are you serious?! That is over a month away! Also the dr. told me that it could become life threatening and that if it gets to the point that the pain only gets worse and doesn't stop and i keep vomiting to go to the e.r. and they will do the surgery immediately.
Well, if it is such an emergency why is my surgery being put off so far??? So, I called the hospital and talked to their scheduler person who told me that the scheduler person from my ob office told her that i needed it only with a specific surgeon. so that was the soonest HE could do it but they have plenty of other surgeons that could do it. But I would have to re call the OB office and have them verfity that yes another dr. could do the surgery.
So then, I call back my OB office and they redirect my call to a voicemail...helpful.
So i leave the voicemail and wait for the call back, at the very end of the day i get a call saying that yes it's fine for me to see a different surgeon but none of them have any sooner appointments either.
So i'm a ticking time bomb...when my midwife first told me to get this consult it is because she was worried i'd end up in the e.r. on Christmas eve and we'd rather get this taken care of way before then. I am wondering if there is some other some-what-close hospital I could go to (of course it would depend on insurance too)