or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › July 2011 › Can't find anything to eat
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Can't find anything to eat - Page 2

post #21 of 39

Ditto on being only able to eat what the cravings say. Also on not being able to eat left overs. I've never thrown out so much food in my life. Sigh. And been to the store so frequently. Even something that tasted amazing and perfect the day before. Can't even bear to smell it the next day. Quinoa and rice make me sick. Can only eat a couple mouthfuls then have to throw it out. Last week I was even letting myself eat sugary things if I craved them because they were all that settled my stomach. Now I have a yeast infection! Right. But it seems my body is right in line 'cause now all it's wanting is raw veg and oranges. And I'm usually not a salad and orange girl. But the protein thing is a real struggle. Have to force it down. In the tiny moments my stomach agrees to not reject even if it doesn't want it. Tried a glass of goat milk last night. The first 2 sips tasted amazing then I had to force the rest. Sigh. Also really tired this week. Just want to be cozy and read and knit and stare into space. Trying to make time for that. Oh, water turned my stomach for a few weeks too. I started putting a tea bag of herb tea (chamomile, ginger, peppermint, mama-to-be tea) in an old glass juice bottle and filling it with hot water in the morning. Then I'd take it with me and sip it cold throughout the day. Somehow it was easier to palette than plain water. Sparkling mineral water better too. And those delicious Ginger Brews that Reed's makes...

post #22 of 39

I just went in for my second OB appointment yesterday and complained all over the place about the extreme nausea I've been feeling. She suggested taking some TUMS or something like it because she said that sometimes what really is a mild heartburn could be mistaken for nausea. I'm going to try it and see how it fares and let you all know.

 

But, I am also aversive to many foods that I loved eating before I got pregnant. I usually love mexican food and anything with sour cream in it, but ever since I got pregnant I haven't been able to stand the sight, smell, and sometimes even thought of it.

 

I keep some saltines on hand to curb hunger when nothing seems appetizing.

 

Good luck to all of us! ROTFLMAO.gif

post #23 of 39
Thread Starter 

I took some Tums the other night because I felt sick but also bloated. It did help. I do get nauseous when I have indigestion/heartburn. I carried a bottle of antacid tablets everywhere I went when I was pg with ds3. I need to remember that more.

post #24 of 39

I totally know what you mean about throwing so much food away :( I hate wasting food, but even if I did manage to eat it, I'd heave it back up greensad.gif I know it will get better here in a few weeks. I feel like I went back to more average eating habits about 16w  last time.

 

I know I will go to the special level of hell reserved for the fallen crunchy mamas, but I can't get enough Poweraid Zero :) I am nursing too, and it's really dry this winter. I feel like there isn't enough fluid in the world to keep me hydrated. DH is always saying "It's got electrolytes, it's what plants crave" lol.gif But I don't care, I am putting it in my mouth and not throwing it back up!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by EllaWW View Post

 I have been worried about fluids too.  Water really turns my stomach too! 

post #25 of 39
Thread Starter 

I drink Powerade when I'm pg. I get horrible restless leg syndrome and the only thing that helps is Powerade. If I didn't drink it, I wouldn't get any sleep.

 

Last night I suddenly got a craving for Fritos and nacho cheese dip. I never eat Fritos. I'm not really wanting any this morning, though.

 

I go to sleep starving. I wake up in the middle of the night starving and can't get back to sleep. I finally got up around 5 am and ate an apple. After that, I was able to get back to sleep. Then I woke up feeling sick. LOL

 

I was glad for feeling sick this morning, though, because I didn't really feel sick yesterday and it got me worried. With my later miscarriage, my m/s went away around 7-8w and that's about when the baby died.

post #26 of 39



 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I drink Powerade when I'm pg. I get horrible restless leg syndrome and the only thing that helps is Powerade. If I didn't drink it, I wouldn't get any sleep.

 

Last night I suddenly got a craving for Fritos and nacho cheese dip. I never eat Fritos. I'm not really wanting any this morning, though.

 

I go to sleep starving. I wake up in the middle of the night starving and can't get back to sleep. I finally got up around 5 am and ate an apple. After that, I was able to get back to sleep. Then I woke up feeling sick. LOL

 

I was glad for feeling sick this morning, though, because I didn't really feel sick yesterday and it got me worried. With my later miscarriage, my m/s went away around 7-8w and that's about when the baby died.

Great- now I am craving fritos.  haha

 

post #27 of 39
Thread Starter 

LMAO Kerri

post #28 of 39

Not so much this time, but with DS, I was mildly nauseous all the time and all food was gross pretty much.  Especially warm food--who knows why!?!  But for a good 6 weeks, I mostly lived on COLD skim milk and string cheese -- full fat because I needed the calories at that point!  Also, I kept a jar of pineapple chunks in the fridge and that was usually ok too.  During the day I'd try to nibble a bit of yogurt or cereal just to get some food in, but usually I was pretty uncomfortable afterwards. 

 

This time, I only have that problem in the evenings.  And milk is a big thing this time too! 

 

One thing that seems to be good no matter what my aversions this time around is saltines with a little peanut butter on them.  (I actually am getting Skippy smooth which I NEVER buy and making little sandwhiches with the crackers.)  It's my go-to "I need something other than milk" food.  But then again, this pregnancy the aversions are super mild, so that might not be a good suggestion.  And I have almonds and dried apricots and banana chips in my desk.  Usually, even if eating seems like a really bad idea, one of those is un-gross enough to get a little bit in and then I feel better.

 

Good luck!  Lots of sympathies!

post #29 of 39

DDDC crashing - I am in the same boat, and reading these food suggestions has been pretty helpful (except for the hard boiled eggs puke.gif)

post #30 of 39

Oh ladies I am SO feeling your pain. I am SO hungry all the time but nothing sounds good and so much I put in my mouth makes me want to vomit. I make a meal for my kids and can only get a few bites down. I gag on everything. I feel like I am force feeding myself all the time. It was like this my last pregnancy but is much worse this time. I will crave something and cook it and then not be able to eat it. I want something desperately get halfway through and be grossed out. I am 13 weeks now and was really hoping it would be better by now but it isn't.

post #31 of 39
Thread Starter 

I'm still having a hard time, too. I have a major aversion to anything with protein. That's not a good thing because if I eat only fruit or veggies I get very nauseous. I think I'm driving my dh crazy. He tries so hard to make good dinners and I can't eat them. I manage to force myself to eat a few bites but that's it. Then I ask him to get out of bed late at night and get me something to eat because I feel sick from not eating. LOL I've still managed to gain a few pounds and my baby is growing perfectly.

post #32 of 39

Today all I want is oranges- I got some really good organic ones at Trader Joe's yesterday but I already ate 3 today.  haha!  I have to save some for DH... we had a stir fry for dinner and although it was yummy, the thought of it now is making me queasy.  Nothing is appealing to me except those oranges!  There are 2 left.  yikes.  Maybe some OJ will satisfy me so I leave some oranges for DH. 

 

At least it isn't my usual junkfood craving, I suppose...

post #33 of 39

I want really fresh foods, it seems.  Now, I want a veggie stir fry with teriyaki sauce (thanks maisiedotes) for dinner, but I feel bad for sending my husband to the market like DAILY because my tastes change so quickly!

post #34 of 39
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by javilu View Post

 I feel bad for sending my husband to the market like DAILY because my tastes change so quickly!



 

Haha! I called my dh at work and told him to bring home something for me to eat that wouldn't make me sick. That's all I could come up with, nothing more specific.

post #35 of 39

YES to Trader Joe's organic navel oranges! I've been eating 3-5 a day for the last 2 weeks. They've been all I want. And they settle my stomach after eating something else. My nausea does seem to have lessened significantly (thank God!) but the aversions are intense.  Can't eat meat either. Am finally wanting vegies which is a relief. And for some reason, when nothing sounds good, Barbara's Shredded Whole Grain cereal tastes good. And sometimes all I can eat are pickles. Bought 2 different jars at TJs. The guy looked at me funny 'cause that's all I bought. Grilled cheese w/ pickles and mayo and tomato soup has been this week's thing. Who knows what's next. When the nausea's really bad just remember the thing I read that said the worse the morning sickness, the higher the IQ of the child biggrinbounce.gif

post #36 of 39

I seem to only want really fresh foods like fruit and veg half the time, and super bland or processed foods the other half.  Or, rather, the only things I can convince myself to want are those things.  Most of the time, nothing sounds good and I have to convince myself that eating will help (and it usually does).

post #37 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by javilu View Post

I want really fresh foods, it seems.  Now, I want a veggie stir fry with teriyaki sauce (thanks maisiedotes) for dinner, but I feel bad for sending my husband to the market like DAILY because my tastes change so quickly!


Um... don't feel bad.  You have to not only go through morning sickness, aversions, cravings, loss of your figure, and sore boobs, but also labor and childbirth!!  Remind your DH of that if he dares to complain.  orngbiggrin.gif
 

post #38 of 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfmama31 View Post

YES to Trader Joe's organic navel oranges! I've been eating 3-5 a day for the last 2 weeks. They've been all I want. And they settle my stomach after eating something else. My nausea does seem to have lessened significantly (thank God!) but the aversions are intense.  Can't eat meat either. Am finally wanting vegies which is a relief. And for some reason, when nothing sounds good, Barbara's Shredded Whole Grain cereal tastes good. And sometimes all I can eat are pickles. Bought 2 different jars at TJs. The guy looked at me funny 'cause that's all I bought. Grilled cheese w/ pickles and mayo and tomato soup has been this week's thing. Who knows what's next. When the nausea's really bad just remember the thing I read that said the worse the morning sickness, the higher the IQ of the child biggrinbounce.gif



 

post #39 of 39

DDCC! 
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I took some Tums the other night because I felt sick but also bloated. It did help. I do get nauseous when I have indigestion/heartburn. I carried a bottle of antacid tablets everywhere I went when I was pg with ds3. I need to remember that more.


Try papaya enzymes.  They cleanse your palate a bit too, and help with the indigestion/heartburn.  And you can chew as many as you like!



Quote:
Originally Posted by MarineWife View Post

I drink Powerade when I'm pg. I get horrible restless leg syndrome and the only thing that helps is Powerade. If I didn't drink it, I wouldn't get any sleep.

 

Last night I suddenly got a craving for Fritos and nacho cheese dip. I never eat Fritos. I'm not really wanting any this morning, though.

 

I go to sleep starving. I wake up in the middle of the night starving and can't get back to sleep. I finally got up around 5 am and ate an apple. After that, I was able to get back to sleep. Then I woke up feeling sick. LOL

 

I was glad for feeling sick this morning, though, because I didn't really feel sick yesterday and it got me worried. With my later miscarriage, my m/s went away around 7-8w and that's about when the baby died.



The starving thing -- it might be what's making you feel sick.  I keep a pile of snacks by my bedside at night.  Whatever I feel like.  A pile of pretzels, saltines, a cliff bar.  And a glass of water.  DH says he can hear me crunching all night like a hamster (and wants to know if he can get me a wheel too) but it's REALLY taken the edge off my ms.  

 

I force myself to eat a few bites before getting out of bed in the morning.  Then without breathing thru my nose, I make a piece of whole wheat toast with peanut butter and slice bananas on it.  I might only take 2 bites, but its SOMETHING.

 

Also, Cocoa Pebbles are really tasty.  I should know, I've had 3 bowls today.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: July 2011
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Archives › Pregnancy and Birth Archives › Due Date Clubs 2009 - 2012 › July 2011 › Can't find anything to eat