I found the book very helpful. I never had a cavity until I was 32 years old when I was pregnant w/ my first. All of a sudden my teeth went to pot w/ my pregnancies. Something happens to my saliva and makes it acidic. I found dr ellie's website on mdc and was so grateful. Within days, my sensitivity went away.
I am not advertising for anyone or getting any kickbacks from anyone, but I will say xylitol worked for me and my family. Xylitol is old. My bff from Europe told me her grandpa used to chew on bark that had xylitol in it 80 years ago.
I agree that fluoride ingested is bad. I have never given my children or myself (in 10 years) water from a tap w/ fluoride in it. But I do have my children swish w/ ACT and spit out.
I give my children vitamin d and check their levels once a year, so I know whether they are getting adequate amount. CLO, has high levels of vit a which compete w/ the vit d. I know many agree w/ WAP, but I have done my own research and do not agree w/ clo.