or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › I need help connecting to God, feeling "seen," and feeling fulfilled.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

I need help connecting to God, feeling "seen," and feeling fulfilled. - Page 2

post #21 of 29

Subbing.

Annahawk, I like what you wrote about reading the Psalms out load as they are very powerful words.

post #22 of 29

I know this feeling! I would get so frustrated for a while, because even though I knew I was very fortunate with my life, family, and career, I still felt dissatisfied. I did read numerous religious texts to challenge and redefine my perspective on Jesus, which was rejuvenating, but a yoga class and a knitting class (both once a week) helped me to renew and balance these internal conversations with my external desire to live with intention and purpose every day.

 

I feel more physically and emotionally balanced thanks to my yoga practice and meditation, and the knitting class gives me time for creativity and communion that I had previously been reluctant to prioritize as a mother of a toddler.

post #23 of 29

i hope you are finding some nourishment for yourself, and that  you'll soon find you are reconnecting—perhaps through your gifts, or through caring for others, who knows?— with God
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquesce View Post

This may seem an odd response in the spirituality forum, but have you considered actively engaging with other, not specifically religious ideas and pursuits?  I ask because I had quite recently started to feel somewhat spiritually "stale," and over time I began to realize just how large a portion of my interests I had put aside once I had children ... how much I had been expecting religion to fill those gaps.  I was feeling bored and unfulfilled and stagnant, and was sort of putting that off on god and my faith community when in reality -- perfectly comfortable life though I may have -- I was just feeling restless for stimulation from things I used to enjoy.

 

this resonated with me, very much.  i hit a point where i said (unconsciously), i have very little free time, and God is my priority, so that's where my energy has to go.  i forgot about all those ways that God shows us love—by giving gifts and passions, that in turn we should use in a positive way.  and that can mean just for the pure joy of expressing ourselves.  think about what you loved to do with your free time before you were a mama, and try to find a way to enjoy some of that. 

 

for me, time to connect with women friends is critical to my well-being.  if there is anyone with whom you can share a cup of tea or a walk, that might help too.  good luck.

post #24 of 29
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamitroo View Post

 i forgot about all those ways that God shows us love—by giving gifts and passions, that in turn we should use in a positive way.  and that can mean just for the pure joy of expressing ourselves. 



I like it put that way.  :D

post #25 of 29

nod.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Liquesce View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamitroo View Post

 i forgot about all those ways that God shows us love—by giving gifts and passions, that in turn we should use in a positive way.  and that can mean just for the pure joy of expressing ourselves. 



I like it put that way.  :D


nod.gif

post #26 of 29
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by kangamitroo View Post

for me, time to connect with women friends is critical to my well-being.  if there is anyone with whom you can share a cup of tea or a walk, that might help too.  good luck.



This is SO true for me. I have noticed that as I have been going through this rough patch, I have been reaching out to other women friends. For some reason they seem to help much more than my husband.

post #27 of 29
Thread Starter 

 

  I was giving DS a bath yesterday, feeling particularly down, at my mothers house. She came in, and I told her -- "I just feel so lost." She looked at me and said that God "told" her a few nights ago --- "It is enough. Be gentle with yourself." Then she told me -- "Maybe you are right where you are supposed to be."

 

After that, I just sat and watched how much joy my son got from pouring water, and from feeling the water on his skin. I realized that maybe I am looking for God as if God is "above" or "somewhere" or "in the future" or "deeper than what I'm feeling right now."

 

But this moment, with all of the inspiring advice on this forum, has helped me realize that God is in each moment, in the ones where we sense God's presence strongly and when we don't at all. I think part of the goal is to find moments where you feel happy, and feel God (like knitting class, or hiking, meditating, etc.) and try to get some of those. But also, I am trying to find God in even the moments where I feel farthest from Him.

 

Does that make any sense??? LOL

post #28 of 29

I think this is beautiful insight! Thanks for the reminder of what matters, the moments & little things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngspiritmom View Post

 

  I was giving DS a bath yesterday, feeling particularly down, at my mothers house. She came in, and I told her -- "I just feel so lost." She looked at me and said that God "told" her a few nights ago --- "It is enough. Be gentle with yourself." Then she told me -- "Maybe you are right where you are supposed to be."

 

After that, I just sat and watched how much joy my son got from pouring water, and from feeling the water on his skin. I realized that maybe I am looking for God as if God is "above" or "somewhere" or "in the future" or "deeper than what I'm feeling right now."

 

But this moment, with all of the inspiring advice on this forum, has helped me realize that God is in each moment, in the ones where we sense God's presence strongly and when we don't at all. I think part of the goal is to find moments where you feel happy, and feel God (like knitting class, or hiking, meditating, etc.) and try to get some of those. But also, I am trying to find God in even the moments where I feel farthest from Him.

 

Does that make any sense??? LOL

post #29 of 29

Wow, thanks for sharing, Youngspiritmom!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Spirituality
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Talk Amongst Ourselves › Spirituality › I need help connecting to God, feeling "seen," and feeling fulfilled.