or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › Activism and News › Thank a military member
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Thank a military member

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 

I know that the military isn't all the popular on here...but for some of us it's a way of life.

 

Take time this year to send a FREE card to a member of the US military. They appreciate it. These men and women have to be away from their families during the holidays.



If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com   you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!!    It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these?    Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know they are loved and thought about.

This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you.    Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do.  We can never say enough thank you's.

post #2 of 11

Thanks for sharing--just sent a card!

post #3 of 11


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post

I know that the military isn't all the popular on here...but for some of us it's a way of life.

 

Take time this year to send a FREE card to a member of the US military. They appreciate it. These men and women have to be away from their families during the holidays.



If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com   you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!!    It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these?    Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know they are loved and thought about.

This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you.    Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do.  We can never say enough thank you's.

 

Do you have info on ways my kids could hand write cards and send them to a military member?  Do people even do that, or is everyone on email now?
 

post #4 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by vbactivist View Post

 

Do you have info on ways my kids could hand write cards and send them to a military member?  Do people even do that, or is everyone on email now?
 



I will ask around (my dad is a pastor so he might have a connection somewhere)

 

In the meantime, have you tried some of the local churches in your area? I know they do gift boxes and stuff from time to time.

post #5 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by vbactivist View Post

 

Do you have info on ways my kids could hand write cards and send them to a military member?  Do people even do that, or is everyone on email now?
 



I will ask around (my dad is a pastor so he might have a connection somewhere)

 

In the meantime, have you tried some of the local churches in your area? I know they do gift boxes and stuff from time to time.


No - I haven't done ant research yet.   I just saw this post and it had already been on my ind because I was reading a book recently about world war 2 where they talked about writing letters.  I thought that would be a nice thing for myself and my kids to do.  But I didn't know if people even wrote letters anymore...

 

 

post #6 of 11

vbactivist---

 

I know that service members do love real letters.  Especially pictures from kids.  When one of my BIL was in Iraq, my son's 1st grade class all wrote him letters/sent him hand drawn pictures.  He loved them.  They sent extras for friends of his.  Apparently anything to brighten up their personal spaces was much appreciated.  You can always ask around and see if anyone you know knows a service person and send directly to them.

 

:)

post #7 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post

vbactivist---

 

I know that service members do love real letters.  Especially pictures from kids.  When one of my BIL was in Iraq, my son's 1st grade class all wrote him letters/sent him hand drawn pictures.  He loved them.  They sent extras for friends of his.  Apparently anything to brighten up their personal spaces was much appreciated.  You can always ask around and see if anyone you know knows a service person and send directly to them.

 

:)


Good idea - thanks :)

post #8 of 11
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by TiredX2 View Post

vbactivist---

 

I know that service members do love real letters.  Especially pictures from kids.  When one of my BIL was in Iraq, my son's 1st grade class all wrote him letters/sent him hand drawn pictures.  He loved them.  They sent extras for friends of his.  Apparently anything to brighten up their personal spaces was much appreciated.  You can always ask around and see if anyone you know knows a service person and send directly to them.

 

:)


 

After my brother enlisted he got a lot of letters from the local elementary school thanking him for his service. He said it was the best gift he ever got. He loved it.

 

I think in a world of email the common letter needs to come back to the forefront.

post #9 of 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AFWife View Post

If you go to this web site, www.LetsSayThanks.com   you can pick out a thank you card and Xerox will print it and it will be sent to a soldier that is currently serving in Iraq. You can't pick out who gets it, but it will go to a member of the armed services.

How AMAZING it would be if we could get everyone we know to send one!!!    It is FREE and it only takes a second.

Wouldn't it be wonderful if the soldiers received a bunch of these?    Whether you are for or against the war, our soldiers over there need to know they are loved and thought about.

This takes just 10 seconds and it's a wonderful way to say thank you.    Please take the time and please take the time to pass it on for others to do.  We can never say enough thank you's.



Just sent mine.  Thanks for posting the link!

post #10 of 11

I did this a week or so ago.  I did it last year too.  Thank you for posting the link for others.smile.gif

post #11 of 11

I think this is awesome!  Soldiers love getting mail!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Activism and News
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › Activism and News › Thank a military member