or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Birth and Beyond › Unassisted Childbirth › Any One Keep Their Own Prenatal Records?
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Any One Keep Their Own Prenatal Records?

post #1 of 7
Thread Starter 

I am planning on UP for my next baby, but would like to keep my own records of simple prenatal care. Does anyone keep their own records, and do you have a printable record to share?? I'm not talented at all when it comes to making up my own forms,etc...shy.gif

post #2 of 7

This site has a bunch of medical forms. Medical Forms The one titled "OB Flow Sheet" is probably the one you want. It's a pdf file with 11 pages.  Some won't be of any use (lab work, etc.), but you can just print out the pages you want. Page 4 is the exam page.

 

I kept my own records with my UP/UC babe as well. I did my "exams" once a month or so... weight, fundal height, blood pressure, and when babe was big enough I listened with the fetoscope.

 

Best of luck! smile.gif

post #3 of 7
Thread Starter 

Thank you so much! This does look like what I need.  smile.gif
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elynsana View Post

This site has a bunch of medical forms. Medical Forms The one titled "OB Flow Sheet" is probably the one you want. It's a pdf file with 11 pages.  Some won't be of any use (lab work, etc.), but you can just print out the pages you want. Page 4 is the exam page.

 

I kept my own records with my UP/UC babe as well. I did my "exams" once a month or so... weight, fundal height, blood pressure, and when babe was big enough I listened with the fetoscope.

 

Best of luck! smile.gif

post #4 of 7

These are great, thanks! Dh and I have been ttc and finally succeeded. We're having an UP/UC, too, baring any serious complications. I have the worst luck at catching the eye of invasive government agencies, though, and found keeping maticulous records a really good way to make them back off when they show up at my door. I was just starting a serious search for some good, official looking record forms I could use for my pregnancy! Perfect!  =D

post #5 of 7
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by incorrigible View Post

These are great, thanks! Dh and I have been ttc and finally succeeded. We're having an UP/UC, too, baring any serious complications. I have the worst luck at catching the eye of invasive government agencies, though, and found keeping maticulous records a really good way to make them back off when they show up at my door. I was just starting a serious search for some good, official looking record forms I could use for my pregnancy! Perfect!  =D

That's the only thing I was worried about doing UP/UC - government agencies! There isn't a whole they can do if you know what YOU are doing, but can be such a pain! I agree with you on keeping maticulous records - so important! I've heard it also helps when trying to get a birth certificate.  :)
 

post #6 of 7

For the birth certificate - I would recommend getting an official pregnancy confirmation (with due date) at an early pregnancy center or an OB or midwive's office. That'd really help eliminate the hassle there.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by WinterPrego View Post

That's the only thing I was worried about doing UP/UC - government agencies! There isn't a whole they can do if you know what YOU are doing, but can be such a pain! I agree with you on keeping maticulous records - so important! I've heard it also helps when trying to get a birth certificate.  :)
 

post #7 of 7

Totally. I'm going to wait until I'm a bit further along so they get a nice CLEAR bfp and I don't have to go in a second time. =D (I'm prone to false negs and couldn't convince a dr I was preg until like 10 wks with dd). I'm just going to drop into a planned parenthood and just add their results into my chart. I actually know of a midwife that would be willing to be my official on paper midwife, if I just send her a copy of said chart from time to time, so I don't catch flack for having a UP, too. I haven't decided if I'm quite that paranoid, but dh and I are discussing taking that route. She does most of her work via phone or skype or such, without ever face to face meeting her clients. She works with women in remote rural areas, or that are nomadic like me. She's a friend and I love how creative she is about providing really thorough prenatal care to these women.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Unassisted Childbirth
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Pregnancy and Birth › Birth and Beyond › Unassisted Childbirth › Any One Keep Their Own Prenatal Records?