or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2011 in 2011 - Page 72

post #1421 of 1617

 

Lolar2 congrats on finishing the challenge! joy.gif

 

 

 

Poetry you are powering along! You have overtaken me...

 

I had better find some more stuff quickly to throw out.. lol.gif

 

 

post #1422 of 1617

notebook

kids bracelet

kids card game

packet of pull-ups

pencil with broken lead

big pile of restaurant takeout menus

old ferry timetables

tradesmen directory from 1990!

 

1700/2011

post #1423 of 1617

935 plus

 

picture finally mailed to my brother

15 baby items mailed to a friend - I think they were summer clothes.

3 too-small shirts  from me (does it count if they were replaced by 3 more?)

pair of too big pants from post-maternity. 

 

that makes 955

 

5 stuffed animals  - finally gone

25 other random toys - many small like McDonald's toys

 

985 

 

let's see if I can chuck 15 things today:

deflated balloon punching bags. 

 

 

post #1424 of 1617

skirt

old hairclips

lots of old bags

13 toys

4 snow domes

wall vase

 

1721/2011

post #1425 of 1617

3 photo frames

metal notepad holder

plastic container

lots of magnets

dress

jumper

3 tops

mini photo frame

belt

 

1734/2011

post #1426 of 1617

Card

Children's Shirt

Onesie

High Chair

Bassinet

Old Container of Vitamin D

 

1741 + 6 = 1747/2011

post #1427 of 1617

886 +

 

18 items from DH's closet

 

= 904

post #1428 of 1617

dried out crackle paint

broken video

kids craft clay

 

1737/2011

post #1429 of 1617

904 +

 

appliance garage (removed off of cabinets)

3 old bottles of juice/soda that were never opened

4 expired food items from pantry

bottle of lotion

 

= 913

post #1430 of 1617

so much has been accomplished in the last 6 weeks!!! way to go everyone!!

 

approx 6wks ago I started working 25 hrs/day while the kiddos are in school and started a yoga TT program. It has sort of been crazy getting used to the new schedule/responsibilitites, but I am really happy about adding both things to my life. Just doesn't allow the time to focus on projects like decluttering...however that is no excuse ;-). I need to get caught up. Should be at 1530 by now, but am only at 1273.

 

Today I have gotten rid of 70 more items!!! Will get back to listing later, but for now just tallying as I go.

 

New total: 1343/2011

 

Plan to get rid of 223 items/month which will get me to goal at the end of the year!

 

 

post #1431 of 1617

2 nipples to bottles

3 rings to bottles

cover to bottles

plastic egg

string

magazine

book

8 expired food items

 

1747 + 18 = 1765/2011

 

 


Edited by PoetryLover - 10/1/11 at 2:04pm
post #1432 of 1617
Sold approx 50 scrapbooking items!
3 old sunscreens
3 bathroom items
2 old cleaning products
kids bag
mandalas
calendar
photo frame
kids bracelet
party bags


1801/2011
post #1433 of 1617

Trivial Pursuit Game

Cloth Wipe

5 Vases

Glass Jar

Plant Dish/Tray

Wooden Piece to Cutting Board

Blender

Woc

3 Candle holders

2 Candles

4 Expired Food Items

Banner

Bag of Coin Wrappers

Old Hair Tie

 

1765 + 24 = 1789/2011

 
post #1434 of 1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by mags.bubble View Post

so much has been accomplished in the last 6 weeks!!! way to go everyone!!

 

approx 6wks ago I started working 25 hrs/day while the kiddos are in school and started a yoga TT program. It has sort of been crazy getting used to the new schedule/responsibilitites, but I am really happy about adding both things to my life. Just doesn't allow the time to focus on projects like decluttering...however that is no excuse ;-). I need to get caught up. Should be at 1530 by now, but am only at 1273.

 

Today I have gotten rid of 70 more items!!! Will get back to listing later, but for now just tallying as I go.

 

New total: 1343/2011

 

Plan to get rid of 223 items/month which will get me to goal at the end of the year!

 

 


Yay! You can make your goal. I know what you mean about new schedules and responsibilities. I have a 4 week old and a 19 month old. Everything seems so much more challenging. A part time job and yoga sounds exciting and fun, though.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post

Sold approx 50 scrapbooking items!
 


Congrats! It always feels good to make a little money for our clutter. love.gif

 

post #1435 of 1617

i know that i'm way late but i figure better late than never. i'm going to try to get as high as i can and would like some pointers.

 

how do you count paper? paper is my biggest stumbling block - so many things that i'd love to read if i only more (life)time. winky.gif

post #1436 of 1617
Well if I clear out papers I usually list each pile as one item. But as you are starting so late, you may find it more motivating to count them individually?
post #1437 of 1617
1352

mesh net feeder
wooden kitchen spoon
baking stone
meat thermometer
plastic bottle that was being used as a bath toy
deck of cards
hanger
small ceramic orca
pile of papers/greeting cards
pile of page protectors
mirror

1363

^I can thank my children for breaking or destroying all of the items above in the last 48 hours. I guess it's one way to declutter?
post #1438 of 1617

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post

Well if I clear out papers I usually list each pile as one item. But as you are starting so late, you may find it more motivating to count them individually?

 

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by meandk0610 View Post

i know that i'm way late but i figure better late than never. i'm going to try to get as high as i can and would like some pointers.

 

how do you count paper? paper is my biggest stumbling block - so many things that i'd love to read if i only more (life)time. winky.gif



I agree with clutterwarrior that because you're starting so late, it might be a good idea to count each piece. I've done it both ways regarding how to count them, though. Honestly, if it was paper clutter that I've been hanging onto for years (I had several boxes of this type of clutter), I might count each piece. If it's a pile of recent junk mail or bills that I've paid, I will count it as 1 pile of papers. If it's something that is sentimental to me, like old poetry, cards or letters, I will count each piece individually. There is no right or wrong way to count your paper clutter, as long as it moves you closer to your goal and keeps you gaining momentum. 

 

I started decluttering late last year and made the goal, so it is definitely doable. This thread has changed my home, thus changing my life. With physical clutter goes mental/emotional clutter. I am grateful for this thread.




 

Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingAnonymous View Post

1352
mesh net feeder
wooden kitchen spoon
baking stone
meat thermometer
plastic bottle that was being used as a bath toy
deck of cards
hanger
small ceramic orca
pile of papers/greeting cards
pile of page protectors
mirror
1363
^I can thank my children for breaking or destroying all of the items above in the last 48 hours. I guess it's one way to declutter?


LOL! Usually I'm the one breaking things in my house.

 

post #1439 of 1617

Vase

Cribbage Board

12 Cookbooks

5 Magazines

2 Pamphlets

Booklet Printout 

Broken CD Case

Broken Watch

 

1789 + 24 = 1813/2011

post #1440 of 1617

i guess i'll kind of wing it on the papers too. smile.gif i'm putting some things on craigslist and freecycle but will count them when they are gone.

 

1 pile of papers/coupons

 

total 1 orngbiggrin.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Organize & Declutter