or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2011 in 2011 - Page 74

post #1461 of 1617

I'm back too :) Just went through my old posts and I seem to have tapered off back in March at 425/2011 - will I catch up??, ah well... DS was very little then, he's 7.5 months now and almost walking so I need to get this house ready for him, eek!! Plus the dreary rain has us spending a lot of time in the house so I am realising where I need to work...

 

So jumping back in:

 

Donated:

40 things (2 big bags that were collected from around the house over the summer - no idea how much was in them, I'll guesstimate 40 as there were lots of little things).

15 clothes

4 reusable bags

 

Recycled/Binned:

 

10 old rags - bin

10 random plastic lids - recycled

 

Rehomed:

 

 

1 diary cover - sent to a new home

1 padded envelope - sent with diary cover :)

1 pregnancy cushion

2 bags baby clothes

2 reusable bags - given away with the baby clothes

 

7 Items ticked off my to-do list (We have a long to-do list that we are aiming to clear by Christmas, all little DIY tasks, but they are mental clutter so I am counting them as I tick them off to motivate my good self!) 

 

425+93=518/2011 (yay! over 1/4 way there)

 

Looking forward to getting back into my decluttering and getting ready for Christmas & birthdaysjoy.gif

post #1462 of 1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiemammy View Post

 

Rehomed:

 

 

1 diary cover - sent to a new home

1 padded envelope - sent with diary cover :)

1 pregnancy cushion

2 bags baby clothes

2 reusable bags - given away with the baby clothes

 

7 Items ticked off my to-do list (We have a long to-do list that we are aiming to clear by Christmas, all little DIY tasks, but they are mental clutter so I am counting them as I tick them off to motivate my good self!) 

 

425+93=518/2011 (yay! over 1/4 way there)

 

Looking forward to getting back into my decluttering and getting ready for Christmas & birthdaysjoy.gif

 


I count the baby clothes individually. bag.gif

 

I like your idea of counting tasks that equal mental clutter. I think I've got a few that qualify. 

 

post #1463 of 1617

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

 

I count the baby clothes individually. bag.gif

 

 

 

I normally do, just can't remember what was in the bags redface.gif They've been packed in the bags for months, so 'twas really the bags that were the clutter at this stage winky.gif

post #1464 of 1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiemammy View Post

 

 

I normally do, just can't remember what was in the bags redface.gif They've been packed in the bags for months, so 'twas really the bags that were the clutter at this stage winky.gif



that makes sense...I also count things that way when the bags have been sitting around for ages!

post #1465 of 1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by pixiemammy View Post
7 Items ticked off my to-do list (We have a long to-do list that we are aiming to clear by Christmas, all little DIY tasks, but they are mental clutter so I am counting them as I tick them off to motivate my good self!) 

 

I love this idea!  I am going to keep it in mind as I go along.

 

I have only posted once so far so I have a lot of catching up to do.  We finally closed on a house last Friday and I plan on doing a lot of decluttering before we move - we will probably take 2 or 3 months to move so I will have time.

 

I am at home sick today with a sick kid but we are not in too bad of shape, so I plan on doing housework and adding to my list.  This is from the past few weeks:

93 pieces of paper from my nightstand (looked and thought about each one so I am counting each one)

5 catalogs

1 parenting magazine

1 soccer jersey

3 items of women's clothing

1 book

1 barbie house

1 pair of girl's shoes

1 broken shaker egg

1 key chain

1 tea set

1 small mirror

1 plastic butterfly

104 toys/stuffed animals (bought these from my 2 kids - they made enough money to each get one mechanized stuffed dog)

1 bath pouf

1 lid

1 plastic spoon

1 girls skirt with broken zipper
 

165+219= 384/2011

 

post #1466 of 1617

My parents are moving and have requested that I declutter my stuff at their house, as well as my own!  So 2011 is going to be VERY easy!

 

Donated: 

48 books

1 cassette

 

Put out on the curb: 

1 huge box of 1950's-era Christmas decorations from our attic (boy, was that some scary-looking wiring!) to make room for the boxes of books that are being hauled up there

 

post #1467 of 1617

broken sunglasses mecry.gif

22 socks

underwear

 

1885/2011

 

post #1468 of 1617

Sold: 8 kids dress up outfits!

 

1893/2011

 

 

post #1469 of 1617

clutterwarrior, hug2.gif.  It's hard when things we love get broken. I've been there and done that myself. It's not a fun way to declutter.

 

Congrats on selling the dress up clothes!

post #1470 of 1617

Recycled:

*One bin of paper

*24 magazines

 

New total: 735/2011

post #1471 of 1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoetryLover View Post

clutterwarrior, hug2.gif.  It's hard when things we love get broken. I've been there and done that myself. It's not a fun way to declutter.

 

Congrats on selling the dress up clothes!



Thanks Poetry.  love.gif

 

It was pretty silly as I was getting out of the car and just thought how much I liked these glasses, went to take them off and somehow knocked them off my face and onto the ground! eyesroll.gif

post #1472 of 1617

16 clothes items of mine donating

1 jumper with holes into bin

1 baby outfit hard to get rid of blowkiss.gif

sold 1 handbag

 


1912/2011

post #1473 of 1617

12 Expired Food Items

Toddler Bowl

Cup

Undergarment

 

1838 + 15 = 1853/2011

 
post #1474 of 1617

Not doing any intentional decluttering today, but DD did break a mug this morning.  I suppose that counts... 

post #1475 of 1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by Comtessa View Post

Not doing any intentional decluttering today, but DD did break a mug this morning.  I suppose that counts... 



LOL I broke a bowl, so I'll count that.

 

1853 + 1 = 1854/2011

post #1476 of 1617

I am going to be decluttering most of the day today...

 

18 stained baby washrags (we used them as napkins for several years)

2 bibs

10 DVDs

22 VHS videos

2 board books

1 gift sack

9 terra cotta pots

1 plastic plant holder

1 hanging plant holder

 

384+66 = 450/2011

post #1477 of 1617

16 Books donated to Books to Prisoners project

4 junk books tossed in recycling

2 sweaters I never wear -- into giveaway bin

 

post #1478 of 1617

Did a huge clear out to donate things for our school carnival!

 

15 books

2 big bags full of soft toys

3 kids games (junior monopoly etc)

kids magnet set

2 card games

big bag of blocks

big bag of toys

toy truck

xylophone

puzzle

 

 

1939/2011

 

 


Edited by clutterwarrior - 10/17/11 at 11:58pm
post #1479 of 1617

59+

 

8 drawings

1 dress

 

total

 

68 (boatload of stuff going tomorrow!)

post #1480 of 1617

972 +

 

1 bra

3 baby clothing items

1 vase

1 pair of wristguards for Rollerblading

1 horribly annoying toy that DS got for his birthday

 

(all donated)

 

= 979

 

I'm sooooo not going to make it to 2011.  But I'm enjoying the process, and it's sure helping to motivate me!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Organize & Declutter