or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

2011 in 2011 - Page 75

post #1481 of 1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by meandk0610 View Post

59+

 

8 drawings

1 dress

 

total

 

68 (boatload of stuff going tomorrow!)


Looks like you're off to a great start!

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by diana_of_the_dunes View Post

972 +

 

1 bra

3 baby clothing items

1 vase

1 pair of wristguards for Rollerblading

1 horribly annoying toy that DS got for his birthday

 

(all donated)

 

= 979

 

I'm sooooo not going to make it to 2011.  But I'm enjoying the process, and it's sure helping to motivate me!


That's still a lot of stuff gone! We've got a couple of months left, you can still get there. winky.gif

 

post #1482 of 1617

expired coupons

rubber rat

3 rags beyond usefulness

1 bag of papers recycled

5 items from the fridge

magazine

5 shampoo packets & 12 conditioner packets consolidated into shower dispenser

6 toys

4 old spices

6 plastic straws

pen

1 item from pantry

5 items from bathroom

hair tie

2 empty boxes
 

1410/2011

post #1483 of 1617

Okay, so I haven't been keeping track of my count and the last post I put up was in February and my count was 160 something.  BUT I have gotten rid of SOOOOO much since then.  Over the weekend I decluttered the dining room and got rid of 2/3 of my books, all the VHS tapes, all my old schoolwork and readers, and a bunch of other random stuff!  At least 500 things!!!  AND I got $71 from the bookstore for some of my old books :)

 

I feel so lightened by not seeing all this stuff in my dining room!!

 

Look out kitchen, here I come!!!

 

AND I'm taking the liberty of adjusting my count to 1000/2011

post #1484 of 1617

I think I may go past 2011 things....I don't want to stop at 2011 because this thread motivates me to get rid of stuff!

 

tea6.gif

post #1485 of 1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by clutterwarrior View Post

I think I may go past 2011 things....I don't want to stop at 2011 because this thread motivates me to get rid of stuff!

 

tea6.gif


I'm hoping to go past 2011 things! My goal is to see how high I can make the number!

 

 

 

post #1486 of 1617

got rid of another 25 things today!!  I'm on a serious role!  Now if only I could make my husband get rid of some stuff too!!!

post #1487 of 1617

donated:

8 random clothes

1 belt

1 swing

 

sent to new home:

1 bundle fabric

2 padded envelopes

 

recycled/binned:

1 old calendar

1 pile of metal thingies

1 bundle old pens

1 big pile of random papers

 

and 10 more DIY tasks cleared off the list (counting these is really helping!)

 

So 518+27=545/2011 :)

post #1488 of 1617
Been slowly but surely adding to my pile....I don't think I'm going to make it to 2011 things especially since the next big consignment sale is not until January 2012 and I need to take a lot of my stuff there (so I can balance my frugal side with my decluttering side) Anyhow, here's my latest count:
-6 pieces of clothes sent to DH's shop as rags
-4 broken dog toys tossed
-35 misc. items taken to work adn re-homed to coworkers
-3 maternity items to friend
-20 baby items to mama in need
-2 shirts to friend
-1 bag junk tossed
-1 maternity shirt to friend
-150 items sold at consignment sale (and made $62.80-not much but hey I'll take it)
-3 boxes ovulation tests to friend

913 + 225 = 1138

And I DO have a goodwill pile started....maybe I'll make it. Whether I do or not, it's been very motivating and I plan to participate in the 2012/2012 thread, as I'm sure there will be one. smile.gif
post #1489 of 1617

I've been dreading posting this post for awhile, so I've been keeping track of new things coming in to the house on a notebook. 

 

I'm up to 1463 things gone, and then I needed to help my Grandma downsize her house after her husband died.  So of course she gave me a ton of new dishes, linens, tools, clothes, etc.  The good thing is we only tried to take things we really wanted or needed and it probably saved us a ton of money.  My partner had only 1 long sleeve shirt for the winter this year, and after we left we had pretty much a whole winter wardrobe for him.  But it's still sad to see my number go down.. lol.  I think we've done a good job trying to make sure an extra number of things went out (listed on my last post.) I'm also proud of him because we counted he got 22 new clothing items and he got rid of 11 old things from his closet.  I didn't expect him to get rid of any old clothes, and I didn't even suggest it or ask, he  just started making a pile. I said "what's this pile of clothes on the floor? laundry?" and he said "no, that's what I'm donating."  : )

 

1463

2 old towels

-157 new things

= 1308

 

dang it I just remembered I bought a dozen new mason jars.

 

1296


Edited by SomethingAnonymous - 10/21/11 at 4:22am
post #1490 of 1617

Magnet

Comb

Something else from yesterday, but I can't remember what headscratch.gif

 

1854 + 3 = 1857/2011


Edited by PoetryLover - 10/21/11 at 8:36am
post #1491 of 1617

1296

 

broken 2 wooden spoons

broken thermometer

dishwasher basket thing

broken teacup

2 broken bowls

-6 new tools

-1 new pair shoes

10 balls of yarn

4 plastic organizers

stuffed animal

3 pair scissors

clip on sunglasses

computer part

4 dvds

car part

2 chargers

2 pairs knitting needles

2 computer games

2 decorative boxes

14 misc things

printer

doll hair brush

2 doll clothes

toy

headphones

28 baby clothes

2 pair baby shoes

bed sheet

towel

floss

coloring book

 

1385


Edited by SomethingAnonymous - 10/23/11 at 9:27pm
post #1492 of 1617

31 File Folders of Papers

15 Cards

25 pieces of children's artwork

 

1857 + 71 = 1928/2011

post #1493 of 1617

1385

 

handful of christmas tags and packaging

2 scented candles (opened up a box of christmas stuff to go through and started getting a migraine... fun fun)

broken mug

26 ornaments ( we have enough ornaments for 2 christmas trees. so I'm only keeping the ones I really like)

stocking

pile of christmas cards I would never send because they are dumb lol

baby shirt from when I was a baby

plate

toy

thing that you stick in a plant

4 pillows

2 stuffed animals

2 books that have terrible christmas messages

towel

scissors

4 packs of disposable washcloth things from hospital with all kinds of crazy chemicals in them

2 wooden santas

volt meter

several pens and markers

2 diapers

box

coloring book

dress up hat

-17 new things from package from mom

18 medical supplies that probably wont be used and are old anyway

glass

 

1446


Edited by SomethingAnonymous - 10/29/11 at 10:36pm
post #1494 of 1617

979 +

 

42 hangers

1 Scooby-Do chair (given to DS by SIL, and I finally managed to hide it long enough for him to forget about it!!)

1 meat injector

 

= 1023

 

I'm over 1000!!  joy.gif

post #1495 of 1617

Baby Monitor

2 Stacks of Folders

Parts to 2 old Food Processors

Blender

Parts to another old Blender

3 Boxes of Baby Cereal

2 Expired Food Items

Empty Wipe Container

Set of Knives

 

 

1928 + 13 =1941/2011

post #1496 of 1617

1 Car joy.gif

Fish Food

Sieve

 

1941 + 3 = 1944/2011

post #1497 of 1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by SomethingAnonymous View Post

I've been dreading posting this post for awhile, so I've been keeping track of new things coming in to the house on a notebook. 

 

I'm up to 1463 things gone, and then I needed to help my Grandma downsize her house after her husband died.  So of course she gave me a ton of new dishes, linens, tools, clothes, etc.  The good thing is we only tried to take things we really wanted or needed and it probably saved us a ton of money.  My partner had only 1 long sleeve shirt for the winter this year, and after we left we had pretty much a whole winter wardrobe for him.  But it's still sad to see my number go down.. lol.  I think we've done a good job trying to make sure an extra number of things went out (listed on my last post.) I'm also proud of him because we counted he got 22 new clothing items and he got rid of 11 old things from his closet.  I didn't expect him to get rid of any old clothes, and I didn't even suggest it or ask, he  just started making a pile. I said "what's this pile of clothes on the floor? laundry?" and he said "no, that's what I'm donating."  : )

 

1463

2 old towels

-157 new things

= 1308

 

dang it I just remembered I bought a dozen new mason jars.

 

1296

SomethingAnonomous

 

If you really use the new things that you bring in, then it is totally worth it.  I think this thread is about getting things out of your house that you don't use.  You are doing that, so no reason to feel guilty.  You probably should not even count the stuff you brought in from your grandma's house - you helped her get rid of things that she would not use and that should count in your favor.
 

 

post #1498 of 1617

450

 

23 children's books

1 puzzle

20 Christmas decorations 

1 large plastic bin

1 eyeshadow compact

1 healthcare file

1 cuticle cream

2 glass game boards

3 sets of game pieces

1 picture holder

1 bunch of pencils

6 sets of flashcards

2 sets of early reader books

2 note pads

4 learning CDs

3 coloring books

3 wooden crafts

2 learning workbooks

2 puzzle books

2 smocks

60 items from the arts and crafts box

13 items of girls clothing

 

604

 

post #1499 of 1617

Quote:

Originally Posted by meandk0610 View Post

 

68


1 pair capris

2 fans

2 mayonnaise (old)

1 tooth gel (old)

1 antibiotic gel (old)

3 contact lens solutions (old)

~20 items taken out of this house to put on consignment

 

total 98

post #1500 of 1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssantos View Post

SomethingAnonomous

 

If you really use the new things that you bring in, then it is totally worth it.  I think this thread is about getting things out of your house that you don't use.  You are doing that, so no reason to feel guilty.  You probably should not even count the stuff you brought in from your grandma's house - you helped her get rid of things that she would not use and that should count in your favor.
 

 


Thanks :)

I am going to count them because the number we were interested in was, "how many less things are in the house than were here a year ago?"  I don't feel guilty, just felt like backwards progress kinda.  But you are right, it was all things that we needed or made our house nicer (a couple paintings).  

 

1446

small saucepan - the bottom two layers of metal broke off

my son's too small sweatpants 

12 make up items - trying to stop wearing make up, it's making my 5 yr old daughter think women need to change their face every day.

dvd

4 kids sweatshirts/zip up jackets

wooden thing - no idea what it is

shirt

toy

shoes

plant pot

5 things from bathroom

-4 pieces of jewelry I never sold that I intended to. I'll recount them if I ever sell them

 

1471


Edited by SomethingAnonymous - 11/1/11 at 1:24am
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Organize & Declutter