I love your midwife gifts!
Recent Images In This Thread
- categoryArts Craftstagged by System, 1/4/11
Related Forum Threads
- 2014 Project challenge 52 weeks 52 projects Last post on 4/18/14 at 6:21am in Arts & Crafts
- 10 Skeins of merino/tencel blend yarn by Valley Yarns Last post on 12/30/12 at 6:29pm in Crafts
- Birthday Party Favor Craft Ideas? Last post on 1/5/11 at 3:26pm in Arts & Crafts
- Photography - Come share pictures! Last post on 1/4/11 at 5:42pm in Arts & Crafts
- Good birthday gift for someone who likes paper crafts? Last post on 1/17/11 at 6:15pm in Arts & Crafts
10 Low Prep Art Projects for Kids
Last edited: 3/18/14
- The Best Non-Toxic Beeswax and Soy CrayonsLast edited: 8/8/13
- Incorporating Art into HomeschoolingLast edited: 3/17/13
- It's snowing!Last edited: 4/1/13
52 Project Challenge, 2011 - Page 10post #182 of 4272/18/11 at 3:58pm
I believe I am at 11/52.
I finished the quilt top- now I need to get it quilted (in less than a week-YIKES)
I made a nightie
And I made some grocery bags
Oh and a knitting needle roll.
Next up- finish painting the barn and finish up my sewing studio. Angelorum- I made pair or the tiny bloomers- awesome and decided to make a top that is a bit different and I am kind of stuck on the top. i should have used a pattern I guess. Yours turned out beautiful!post #183 of 4272/18/11 at 3:59pmpost #184 of 4272/18/11 at 8:36pm
I finished ds's mittens yesterday.
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/10794308@N02/5457704826/" title="IMG_1222 by etchorusangelorum, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5297/5457704826_994c79094d.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="IMG_1222" /></a>
but I also received a rather large demerit in the mail today.
<a href="http://www.flickr.com/photos/10794308@N02/5457722064/" title="IMG_1227 by etchorusangelorum, on Flickr"><img src="http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5133/5457722064_969e1acce8.jpg" width="500" height="375" alt="IMG_1227" /></a>
It's all for one project, though I'll probably have leftovers, so I'm just counting it as one. At least I mailed off two skeins of yarn for a swap the other day, right? :bag
8/52 still.post #185 of 4272/18/11 at 8:39pmpost #186 of 4272/18/11 at 11:23pm
Angel I can see the pics... cute mittens and I LOVE all cotton yarn....
I decided to try my hand at some drawing/sketching so I am now the proud owner of a sketch book and adult colored pencils. Maybe it will be theraputic? And hopefully I can teach myself a new skill!
I have a couple uber stressful weeks coming up. Family will be visiting next weekend so the week leading up to and the week after are rough. I hope to get some projects done and try out those new pencils soon!
Congrats heather on the babe!post #187 of 4272/19/11 at 7:56ampost #188 of 4272/19/11 at 8:31pmpost #189 of 4272/22/11 at 8:21pm
HI I'm back and completing UFO's
1. Desk assembled (Jan.)
2. Pink blanket (Jan.)
3. Completed hanging pictures (Jan.)
4. 26 valentines for DS swap (Jan.)
5. Scrap yarn blanket (Feb.)
6. Red Scarf (Feb.)
I think I am going to try to finish this red scarf next. Its been waiting about a year now. I also went and bought more yarn at the craft store yesterday. I have no self control UGH. One explainable bin has expaned back into TWO bins. However the scrap yarn blanket is going with someone to their office tomorrow, glad to be adding a bit of color to a blank slate!
I also did my taxes today! I can not buy craft supplies with the refund - lol
Updated and finished the red scarf tonight. Thats 2 UFO's completed tonight ...post #190 of 4272/23/11 at 12:36pm
Oh good, I'm not the only one with this problem! OK so far this year I've completed exactly zero projects. I have 22 projects listed on my short to do list, so I'll start there. One is SUPER close to being done, it's a gift for my partner, and I bet I can finish it tonight if I get motivated. I hope posting that on here keeps me motivated!
OH, and just wanted to point out that the list of 22 will be growing but NOT because I'm adding stuff, more because I'll be getting my more complete list together. I'm a little afraid of what that list will look like!post #191 of 4272/23/11 at 10:39pm
I started a new crochet project today. I seem to love making blankets. This one looks like mocha yarn. So thick and chunky, its working up fast! None of my UFO's seemed appealing. I will have some time in the coming months to work on stuff. DS is taking swim lessons in March- 30 mins and there is a chance he will be doing Saturday classes at the university, those are THREE hours for 6 weeks. Maybe then I will feel like cross stitch Lol. We are also considering a kids pottery class.post #192 of 4272/24/11 at 11:44pmThread Starter
Welcome, Melholik! I've never made a full list of my to-do's. I don't want to know. I just have short-term, "do this first" lists.
Congratulations, Okimom, on your lovely new addition!
I'm late posting my number from last week:
Week 45: 12/52.
I finished another embroidered dish towel. That leaves three to go and I'll be done, can wrap them up and mail them. I have 'til St. Patrick's Day.... but, dh has asked me to catch back up on his filing this week, and he's got a friend in town so the house needs some major cleaning/organizing. Maybe I'll count the filing as a "project."post #193 of 4272/25/11 at 2:58pmpost #194 of 4272/28/11 at 11:36ampost #195 of 4273/4/11 at 8:45pm
9/52 I whipped up this apron for my mom's birthday. I didn't get a close up of the print but it's got tiny yellow flowers. One of my sister's is getting her a cookbook from a blog we all like, and my other sister is getting her some kitchen tools, so I thought I'd keep up with the theme :D. I should sew more often, it goes so much more quickly than knitting!post #196 of 4273/7/11 at 5:04am
13/ 52, I finished up D2's boot socks 2 wks ago and 2 days ago cast on for DS1's socks. I'm making slow progress. We've had some family emergencies and sickies come up over the last few weeks so I haven't gotten much done.
-toddler backpack for DD2
-crayon roll for DD2
-4 quilted hot pads for MIL cut them out, need to sew
-knit hat for BIL
-grill roll and mitt for FIL
-2 1 quilted rugs for kitchen 1 DONE, 1 left to sew
-4 1 pr knit boot socks (1 pr for each kid) 3 DONE, 1 left
-finish quilt for DH (just have the binding left) DONE
-6 knit dishcloths for me DONE
-4 rag quilts (1 for each child, this is their b-day gifts for this year)
-knit sleepy sack for babe due in April DONE
-3 throw pillows for living room
-3 sets of curtains (2 for office/ studio, 1 for utility room/ basement area)
-2 drainboard mats for my kitchen
-finish appliques on girls' room curtains
-sew boys' room curtains
-finish border on bathroom rag rug
-knit t-shirt yarn rug for master bath DONE
-set of 12 cloth napkins
-3 wall hangings
-knit 2 prs fingerless mitts
-3 burlap buckets
-hobby horse for DD2
-knit baby booties
-3 corduroy jumpers for DD1
-2 Easter bonnets
-4 felt birthday crowns
-1 dozen small diapers
-convert 1 dozen pfs to prefitteds
-baby shower gifts for my cousin due in June
-3 large reusable "ziploc" bags DONE
-20 reusable sandwich/ snack bags DONEpost #197 of 4273/9/11 at 9:54am
I don't remember how many I did before, but last week I made 15 record bowls (painted several of them):
I also made a couple more clocks out of records, more records bowls, and a sketch pad cover out of a record:
And this is my favorite... I made a welcome mat for my husband's office! "There's no place like ::1" (hardcore computer geeks might get this):post #198 of 4273/9/11 at 3:13pm
Been holding steady here at 'nothing completed'. I did start another blanket so maybe I can get that done. I am contemplating moving again. Ive come to realize there are no jobs and no career in this city/state and the time has come to just start over. Sure would be nice to finish up some crafts before we hit the dusty trail huh?
Ive been on a decluttering kick lately.
Maybe tonight I will crochet?post #199 of 4273/10/11 at 7:52pmpost #200 of 4273/13/11 at 8:11pm
Finally finished DD's birthday party invitations today. So cute! It's a Spa Party for her 10th birthday and she's inviting 8 girls. (I made an extra for the scrapbook. LOL) DD made the paper "fashions" (comfortable clothing+slippers) and glued them onto the slipper shape I cut out after DH took all the written info and put it in the proper shape in a fancy desktop publishing program. He even gave me cutting lines for all the pieces (curves and all!).
They are completed finished and ready for delivery tomorrow. :)
Edited by sunnysandiegan - 3/14/11 at 8:27am
- The Best Non-Toxic Beeswax and Soy Crayons
- › Hospital Interventions - High Blood Pressure Induction? 2 minutes ago
- › CNN: US Autism Rate Surges--AGAIN 4 minutes ago
- › Nursing wear and tank tops.. BEWBS! 7 minutes ago
- › would you let your 11 yr old babysit? 10 minutes ago
- › 11 year old addicted to Minecraft 13 minutes ago
- › Dear Vaccinating Parents - 16 minutes ago
- › Christian: What does a spiritual leader do in a marriage? 22 minutes ago
- › Make A Sentence, New Word Game 25 minutes ago
- › Anybody thinking about their 'to do' list or 'to get' list before... 27 minutes ago
- › HOLY SH#$%¥*T! We are due next month - April Chat Thread : ) 27 minutes ago
- › Epibi Nursing Pads by SparkleMaman
- › By Marie Winn - The Plug-In Drug: Television, Computers, and Family... by Catholic Mama
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › Turning Five by Sheryl Paul
- › WellFuture WellBelly April 2014 Giveaway by JenniO11
- › 30 Hilarious and Inspiring Parenting Quotes... by Melanie Mayo
- › Should We Stop Acting Like Breastfeeding is a... by Sarah Clark
- › Got Trust? The Antidote for Insecurity &... by Marcy Axness
- › Finding My Tribe After the Death of My Daughter by Melanie Mayo
- › Ten Tips for Surviving Two Under Two by Melanie Mayo
- › The Worry and Wonderment of Parenting by Melanie Mayo
- › 5 Surprising Benefits to Making a Pet a Part... by Melanie Mayo
- › Mining Joy from the Muck of Daily Mothering by Marcy Axness