I'm new to everything! I'm not even sure where to start with diapering. Originally I thought cloth diapering was going to be the route to go, but after careful consideration (and opposition from childcare) I realized I need to do something else. Thanks to school loans I can't afford to stay home at this time :( but I still want to make the smartest decision for my baby for our current situation. It seems as though using something such as little G diapers with the disposable insert would be best for at home, and Seventh Generation diapers for childcare since they don't want to mess with cloth. The trouble is that I have absolutely no resources for these biodegradable inserts or what brands are the best for this, how to use etc. I've done some research on LIttle G diapers but the reviews don't seem very positive. I've also heard Happy Heineys have a new disposable insert. I don't live in a region that supports anything earth friendly or natural for that matter. If anyone has suggestions for me please help. Thank you!
Mothering Top Picks
Related Forum Threads
- Who is cloth diapering? Last post on 4/26/11 at 11:04am in September 2011
- Typical Life Span of a Cloth Diaper Last post on 4/28/13 at 3:05pm in Diapering
- Weehuggers cover, cute prints Last post on 5/16/12 at 11:39am in Diapers & Diapering Supplies
- 12 bumGenius one-size cloth diaper (velcro/hook & loop) - almost brand new! Last post on 9/16/12 at 5:16pm in Diapers & Diapering Supplies
- Bumgenius AIO One-Size Last post on 2/8/12 at 4:13pm in Diapers & Diapering Supplies
Planning a 2012 Great Cloth Diaper Change Event
Last edited: 11/10/12
- The Real Scoop on 10 Natural Diaper Creams: Toxicity and Cloth...Last edited: 10/6/13
- Eco-friendly Tips To Keep Things Clean Around The HouseLast edited: 6/26/13
- Cloth Diaper Guide: Top 10 Picks from the Mothering CommunityLast edited: 10/9/13
- Dumping Disposable DiapersLast edited: 4/10/13
help for a clueless new mom on biodegradable insertspost #1 of 512/31/10 at 11:47amThread Starterpost #2 of 512/31/10 at 8:10pm
I use little G's. I am trying the disposable inserts for the first time tonight, but I've hear dsome good things. I really like them. I do use flats with them during the day rather than the disposable inserts. I haven't tried 7th gen, but heard they start fitting strange after size 3.
I can't help you too much other than to say G Pants aren't as bad as some people make them. They aren't much more expensive than huggies and if your child turns out to be sensitive to PUL (my son is) or you want breathable diapers, these are great.
Good luck with your search. Maybe you could try a little of each and decide from there.post #3 of 51/3/11 at 9:21pmThread Starterpost #4 of 51/4/11 at 6:46am
Many brands offer a disposable insert now (bumGenius Flip, GroVia.) On the childcare issue, have you shown them a modern cloth diaper? Many people are imagining prefolds and pins, but when you show them an easy diaper like bumGenius, FuzziBunz, etc., they have no problem with it. Also, if it is a daycare, there is no law against cloth diapers, and you are paying them.
I am not a huge fan of the G diaper b/c we never hear good reports. Why not try the Flip system? You can use the cloth inserts at home and the disposables when out.post #5 of 51/4/11 at 12:28pmQuote:
They work pretty well! I don't think I got the sushi roll for overnight right because we did leak (it's one flat insert with one rolled in the area most needed under that). But I use a cloth combo at night. The disposable insert is on top of a hemp or bamboo booster and it works wonderfully. I generally still put a wool cover on just as a precaution, but I don't really need it. If I do go with complete disposable options at night, like when traveling, I'll just lay 2 in there flat as opposed to the sushi roll.
I like these more than Flip because Flip is narrow. These aren't.
- The Real Scoop on 10 Natural Diaper Creams: Toxicity and Cloth...
- › 8 week Healthy Weight Loss Challenge version 14 (starts March 3,... 50 seconds ago
- › Cross Siberia off your to-go list for vacations spots 4 minutes ago
- › March 2014 *already*! What did you accomplish today? 5 minutes ago
- › Homebirth Midwife Sullivan County NY 9 minutes ago
- › Being judged due to money 12 minutes ago
- › Need some advice about strabismus/amblyopia & eye muscle surgery --... 15 minutes ago
- › 2014 Low Income Support Thread 23 minutes ago
- › Minecraft homeschool 25 minutes ago
- › Workout DVDs for an uncoordinated, very out of shape beginner? 31 minutes ago
- › Teach acceptable noise levels 31 minutes ago
- › Vaccine: The Controversial Story of Medicine's Greatest Lifesaver by ss834
- › Pyur Diaper Balm by MimiPilla
- › Burt's Bees Mama Bee Belly Balm, Fragrance Free, by KatelynRose
- › Summer Infant Best View Handheld Color Video Monitor with 2.5"... by thebessmartinfo
- › Happy Heiny's One Size Cloth Diapers by SquirmyWorm
- › Homesteader's Kitchen, The: Recipes from Farm to Table by Monica S
- › Rainbow Light Just Once Prenatal One Multivitamin, 90 Tablets by glwilson22
- › Bear Stays Up for Christmas by rosemarievpaulson
- › The Night Before Christmas by rjdoghouse
- › The Polar Express by sassyfirechick
- › Okay to Leave Kids in the Car While Popping... by Melanie Mayo
- › Laundry Zen by Laura Grace Weldon
- › High Needs Mother by BrainChild
- › Homebirth Forum Guidelines by Cynthia Mosher
- › Disclaimer by Cynthia Mosher
- › Does Siri Thwart Social Intelligence? by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeschooling with YouTube by SavvyHomeschool
- › Closing the Door On Childbearing by Melanie Mayo
- › A Journey Through Childhood with Seuss by Melanie Mayo
- › Belly Binding for Prenatal Comfort and... by Kristen Tea