Waiting on Disney reports! Looking forward to hearing all about it, and super-hopeful for a GOOFY! (Ding-al-ling-a-ling-a-ling-a-ling! That's my cowbell.)
Towson, we have our own behavior projects here, and to my chagrin, dh introduced an element of competition. Not something I would have done, but somehow it seems to be having a positive effect instead of making them enemies. Of course, it is also coupled with a lot of positive feedback as well as responsive correction when things begin to go south. In a nutshell, we have had to get really strict with both kids on very different issues. It comes down to the idea that we let too much go too far without correction.
On the other front, there was some interdepartmental haggling on Friday in order for them to make it all come together. Dh got all the info except the salary (I know, kind of a big deal). Now we are hoping to finish this part of the drama tomorrow. If I have the right idea about the total package, this does look like the right next step for us. We can give it a few years, try to save some capital and figure out our next steps. We are embracing the opportunity to reset, be immersed in a foreign language and exposed to many cultures, have opportunities for travel, and move toward whatever is next. We're ready. Even without the salary, the package is blowing my little mind. What has me feeling a little sick is the thought of my somehow managing a liquidation here over 2 months or so, on my own with dh already there, closing up shop on the farm, getting all our records and stuff together, shipping/selling/storing, finishing out school, making my exit from work a good one, and doing all that while maintaining decent health AND sanity. Dh would be gone within the next 6-8 weeks, leaving me holding the bag on a lot of stuff.
Plus, we are planning to travel to see the ILs this summer. Then it's diving into language tutoring, getting the kids into school, and figuring out what life will be like for the next few years.
God willing on all of this, of course. So, Jennie, it's beginning to look like there might be a farmette for sale sometime soon. Move-in ready, with materials negotiable and maybe even livestock. Happily, assistance with the sale is part of the package.
I have yoga this afternoon after dd's dance lesson. Looking forward to it.
Thanks for vibes and thoughts and prayers!