or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › Big Love Season 5.........ITS COMING! 1/16/2011
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Big Love Season 5.........ITS COMING! 1/16/2011 - Page 2

post #21 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom327 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey View Post
Did anyone understand the scene with Goran and Anna? I think I missed something. Was Bill giving up his rights as a father and having them both sent back to their country?


I think he was just getting the marriage to Margene dissolved and basically Goran was agreeing to leave the country instead of being prosecuted for getting married to get a green card.  Bill seems to be torn about the baby thing.  He was all business until Anna mentioned the baby was a boy.  Anna needs to take off for her own sake. 


Absolutely!  Get the heck out of town (or the country) before the baby is born.

 

I had completely forgot that Nikki's mom touched the house with JJ and his wife in it.    Whose egg+sperm is implanted in her?
 

post #22 of 150
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caneel View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom327 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey View Post
Did anyone understand the scene with Goran and Anna? I think I missed something. Was Bill giving up his rights as a father and having them both sent back to their country?


I think he was just getting the marriage to Margene dissolved and basically Goran was agreeing to leave the country instead of being prosecuted for getting married to get a green card.  Bill seems to be torn about the baby thing.  He was all business until Anna mentioned the baby was a boy.  Anna needs to take off for her own sake. 


Absolutely!  Get the heck out of town (or the country) before the baby is born.

 

I had completely forgot that Nikki's mom touched the house with JJ and his wife in it.    Whose egg+sperm is implanted in her?
 



 I think its JJs and Nikkis daughters.  Cant think of her name right now.  Or maybe it is JJs and Wandas.  And BTW, where the heck is Joey and Wanda?  I cant remember what was going on with them at the end of last season.  I need a recap. 

post #23 of 150
Can someone pm me on where I can watch online?

Thx!
post #24 of 150

Thanks! Also agree with you regarding Anna.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom327 View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey View Post
Did anyone understand the scene with Goran and Anna? I think I missed something. Was Bill giving up his rights as a father and having them both sent back to their country?


I think he was just getting the marriage to Margene dissolved and basically Goran was agreeing to leave the country instead of being prosecuted for getting married to get a green card.  Bill seems to be torn about the baby thing.  He was all business until Anna mentioned the baby was a boy.  Anna needs to take off for her own sake. 

post #25 of 150

Anyone watch last night? I've normally found Barb to be intolerable but I feel for her this season and the rest of the women. Margene though is starting to bug me. Is there something in that juice she's trying to sell?

 

I'm so excited to see how things are going to end this final season.

post #26 of 150

What got to me last night was how much Bill takes Barb for granted.  At the end of the show he is dealing with Anna and Margene.  Meanwhile Barb seems to have one foot out the door  and he's not particularly concerned.

post #27 of 150

The way it's currently going, it seems like only Nicki would stay long term.  I don't think she can function outside of the "rules".  As much as I think part of her wants to break away, she needs the rules to feel safe.  Having lived in that area, I'm just not buying the Bill as senator story line.  I think the stomping he'd be taking would be much more quick and thorough.  I suppose though that in the timeline on the show, he hasn't even been seated as a senator yet so there's still time for reality to set in.

 

I think the story lines concerning Barb and Margene though are so sad.  They're both spinning out of control (well I don't think Barb is out of control but given her background she's likely to feel that way).

 

I love how Bill compromises as soon as anything presents a threat.  His son is interested in Margene so he sends him away.  Anna is trying to get Margene away so he sends her away despite the fact that he's sending his kid away too.  He's a piece of work.  His sense of right and wrong is so twisted and I completely agree he takes Barb for granted.

post #28 of 150

He takes her for granted big time. DH says Bill is narcissistic. He's definitely selfish and it's all about him. I think he's always counted on Barb to be there. Her mothers comments about Bill are spot on. I feel like Barb wants her mother to say, "come stay with me! Leave!" She's afraid to do it. She's so used to her life she's probably afraid to live any other way. Bill doesn't take her feelings into concern at all.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyBNY View Post

What got to me last night was how much Bill takes Barb for granted.  At the end of the show he is dealing with Anna and Margene.  Meanwhile Barb seems to have one foot out the door  and he's not particularly concerned.

post #29 of 150

You'd think Bill would notice that with all of her kids gone she doesn't have much left to stay for besides herself and that's drifting away very fast.  I can't imagine what would happen if some nice guy (like that Tommy guy) came along and started being nice to her at this point.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey View Post

He takes her for granted big time. DH says Bill is narcissistic. He's definitely selfish and it's all about him. I think he's always counted on Barb to be there. Her mothers comments about Bill are spot on. I feel like Barb wants her mother to say, "come stay with me! Leave!" She's afraid to do it. She's so used to her life she's probably afraid to live any other way. Bill doesn't take her feelings into concern at all.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyBNY View Post

What got to me last night was how much Bill takes Barb for granted.  At the end of the show he is dealing with Anna and Margene.  Meanwhile Barb seems to have one foot out the door  and he's not particularly concerned.


 
post #30 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogmom327 View Post

You'd think Bill would notice that with all of her kids gone she doesn't have much left to stay for besides herself and that's drifting away very fast.  I can't imagine what would happen if some nice guy (like that Tommy guy) came along and started being nice to her at this point.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gbailey View Post

He takes her for granted big time. DH says Bill is narcissistic. He's definitely selfish and it's all about him. I think he's always counted on Barb to be there. Her mothers comments about Bill are spot on. I feel like Barb wants her mother to say, "come stay with me! Leave!" She's afraid to do it. She's so used to her life she's probably afraid to live any other way. Bill doesn't take her feelings into concern at all.

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizzyBNY View Post

What got to me last night was how much Bill takes Barb for granted.  At the end of the show he is dealing with Anna and Margene.  Meanwhile Barb seems to have one foot out the door  and he's not particularly concerned.


 



I was just thinking the same thing about Barb - her last child at home had to be sent away because of Bill's selfish choice to out themselves. I wouldn't be surprised if she ends up moving to California (that's where Sarah and Teeny are, right?) to be with her daughters and start a new life for herself. Margene seems to be completely falling apart greensad.gif. Even Nikki is going through some big changes - telling off her brother in public and attempting to expose the truth about Juniper Creek at that meeting was a huge, huge step for her. Margene pointing out that she's a rape survivor seemed to hit her very hard, too. I actually expect that Nikki might surprise us all and be the first one to break away. I could see her becoming an activist.
post #31 of 150

Wow, the writers are truly desperate with this Margene was 16 when she married Bill twist. Problem is that she was working at Home Plus when they met so as the owner if was worried about her ( which they implied with the story that he asked her mom how old she was) he could have easily looked at her employee records where they would have had a copy of her ID with her age on it. They didn't even try to make the storyline plausible, although I shouldn't be surprised.

post #32 of 150

Yeah, I was rolling my eyes for the remainder of the episode last night. It was beyond silly. I totally forgot they met when she worked at Home Plus.

 

Normally Barb just bugs the heck out of me but I felt so deeply for her last night. Can't Bill tell she is losing it? Bill is beyond clueless.

 

I really hope they don't continue the remainder of the season with more outlandish nonsense. Was shocked Albie's wife stayed. I fully expected her to leave with him.

 

I feel like Nikki's mother is up to something regarding Albie. DH disagrees but she's got so much of Roman in her personality I can't imagine her sweeping all he's done to her under the rug and becoming his number one supporter.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post

Wow, the writers are truly desperate with this Margene was 16 when she married Bill twist. Problem is that she was working at Home Plus when they met so as the owner if was worried about her ( which they implied with the story that he asked her mom how old she was) he could have easily looked at her employee records where they would have had a copy of her ID with her age on it. They didn't even try to make the storyline plausible, although I shouldn't be surprised.

post #33 of 150

The writing this season sucks, so far. 

 

Adaleen's pregnancy is from  an embryo of JJ's sperm and Wanda's egg.  And, the storyline with her and Alby is unbelievable. 

 

I think, though, that this season is doing a good job of demonstrating how deep religious brainwashing goes.  I am interested in seeing where the Rhonda storyline goes. 

 

Margene is peddling goji juice, I think.  Goji berries are HECKA good for you. 

 

I had wanted Barb to leave Bill for Tommy.  He was perfect for her!  And, now, Tommy is off the show and the casino has become a strip joint?  Ridiculous. 

 

I'm glad Don Embry is really letting Bill have it.  Bill's such a sexist, selfish guy that only a man telling him off would make a dent. 

 

I predict a scandalous relationship between Nikki's daughter and that teacher. 

 

Horrible writing.  So disappointing.  But I still love the show!

post #34 of 150

I can't believe how the wives are always bickering in public. I actually paused Sunday nights show just to come here to write that. Like, there's a time and a place for everything. And why does everyone always believe Nikki's lies?! There's always so much drama (yeah, I know it's a drama, but you know what I mean!). I haven't been thrilled with this show in a while. Last season it really went downhill and this season... it's all just falling apart. I don't really like Bill. 

post #35 of 150

I thought JJ used Carol-Lynn's egg to impregnate Adalene? This season is disappointing. I was surprised Barb actually thought Bill would let her give the blessing on the Xmas episode. The family and the show are falling apart.

 

I really didn't want them to bring back Rhonda. I think her husband and Albie are going to have an affair. DH thought he and Albie were giving each other a look and when Bill's son (as long as I watch this show I have no idea what his name is) expressed shocked that he was the father of Rhonda's baby I wondered if he knows something the viewers don't.

 

I really don't want them to go there with Carole-Lynn and her teacher but she has a crush on him and I think he liks her too.

post #36 of 150

Yeah, I've been thinking that things were going to cross a line with Carol-lynn and her teacher. Even him giving her his phone number was taking a risk, professionally.

 

 

Quote:
DH thought he and Albie were giving each other a look and when Bill's son (as long as I watch this show I have no idea what his name is) expressed shocked that he was the father of Rhonda's baby I wondered if he knows something the viewers don't 

 

I doubt that Rhonda's husband is the father of her baby.

post #37 of 150

I don't even know where to start with the mess this season is.

 

First off, I didn't want to see Rhonda back either. Second off, all the stupid stuff about how Barb and Bill have to get divorced so he can marry Nikki and adopt her daughter. Why have none of the characters pointed out the obvious that the girl is already 16 and Nikki is not terminally ill. There is no real need for her to be adopted to protect her. Divorce is not instantanous anyway, and there is always guardianship. The storyline has so many holes it's pathetic.

post #38 of 150
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post


I don't even know where to start with the mess this season is.



 



First off, I didn't want to see Rhonda back either. Second off, all the stupid stuff about how Barb and Bill have to get divorced so he can marry Nikki and adopt her daughter. Why have none of the characters pointed out the obvious that the girl is already 16 and Nikki is not terminally ill. There is no real need for her to be adopted to protect her. Divorce is not instantanous anyway, and there is always guardianship. The storyline has so many holes it's pathetic.




 



I thought it had more to do with protecting her spiritually, giving her a priesthood holder (bill) as well as protecting her should something happen to Nikki so that no one can step forward and claim her and try to take her back to the compound.

Wouldnt a will leaving guardianship to Bill and Barb protect her? But then, that doesn't solve the priesthood holder issue.

I'm not even sure I understand the whole priesthood holder thing. What does it mean that Barb wants to be the priesthood holder?

I CAN NOT believe Bill asked Barb for a divorce. I can't believe he even allowed Nikki to entertain the thought.

It's just the out Barb might need to free herself.
post #39 of 150

Well, I think the whole argument for the storyline is extremely thin and shaky at best. I think the writers are just doing what they always do, creating drama to try and keep people watching I just wish they would make the storylines more plausible. Basically I think this is just being written so they can play the whole, will she leave or won't she with Barb. I guess I'm just not capable of suspending my logical mind enough to fall for it.

post #40 of 150

I agree with this. When the entire divorce issue came up, I just rolled my eyes. I think Barb may see the divorce as a way out but the entire storyline is just too silly and unbelievable. And I wish Barb would just free herself and leave already. This is a very disappointing final season.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arduinna View Post

Well, I think the whole argument for the storyline is extremely thin and shaky at best. I think the writers are just doing what they always do, creating drama to try and keep people watching I just wish they would make the storylines more plausible. Basically I think this is just being written so they can play the whole, will she leave or won't she with Barb. I guess I'm just not capable of suspending my logical mind enough to fall for it.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Television
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Books, Music, and Media › Television › Big Love Season 5.........ITS COMING! 1/16/2011