So... I'm 41 weeks today. My first was at 39w6d, second 40w4d, both had SROM.
My midwife is a CNM with OB backup, and has delivering privileges at a mom&baby-friendly hospital. When I hit 42 weeks (she actually has my EDD as 1-3 instead of 1-1, so I get an extra two days), she can no longer legally deliver me at home. She can deliver me in the hospital, but I'd have to go to the OB, get a stress-test done, and discuss induction. I had pitocin in the hospital with my first and I DON'T want to have that again!
I know I still have some time... I'm getting a non-stress test at her office on Tuesday (my choice), just for peace of mind, but I know how active he is, so I'm not really worried, ya know?
But something inside me is convinced that I won't go into labor naturally at this point. I don't think my body's broken or anything, but I just have this....off feeling that maybe his head's not quite in the right spot... or something... I dunno what exactly. I just wake up every day not even surprised I'm not in labor yet. Once I go to see her Tuesday, I will have her do a membrane sweep again (I requested one this week, the first time I've had an internal my entire pregnancy), which, for me, is never painful, or even uncomfortable. A few days after that, if I want to, she will instruct me on either trying some castor oil, or some herbs, to get things moving, before it gets to the point of where I can no longer deliver at home. Hospital birth, with possible induction is the one thing I want to avoid, so I will try other things first. Somehow though, I think it will at least get to that point, where I have to try herbs or something.
I don't know if I really want advice on this, or I'm more just rambling... I just thought I'd be holding my little one by now, and I feel horrible mentally about the whole thing. Sigh... thanks for reading mamas (if you made it this far!)