I have seen some similar threads but would love more advice. Next month we are off for two weeks at an all inclusive resort on the Mexican riviera. We probably will not leave the resort much so need to bring everything. I have a bunch of questions and would also love any unsolicited advice/ stories :)
1) what do we bring on the plane? DH and I will each wear a carrier, and we will prob bring the stroller as we are only allowed 1 pc baggage each. I think I will bring my BF pillow and hope she will snooze. The way there will be during the witching hour(s) after 4pm and I think we arrive after 11pm so I am really hoping for dozing rather than screaming! what else do I need to know about flying with a babe?
2) what do you do with a baby on a bus? or in a car without a car seat if we ever cab?
3) what are the essentials I will need for DD? non-toxic sunscreen... how much? what kind? is 2 weeks of chemical sunscreen okay? disposables diapers... how many?(I CD so have no idea, though DD currently still poops about 5-6 times most days so I assume a lot) I have one swim dipe and two sunsuits for her- what other clothing? toys? should I bring a lifejacket? I would buy things and leave extras but it sounds very expensive there, and I am worried about toxic paints etc (or is 2 weeks of lead paint okay?)
4) any thoughts on supplements/homeo remedies to take? (for all of us). we do D and will do garlic pills. I got dengue on a week long in mexico once so am slightly terrified. What about mosquito repellant on baby? on us? I have a mercola repellant left so will bring that but how careful do we need to be (I never used any there before lol) I am scared of getting sick there and having my milk dry up for a while. mind you I made it through 2 years in asian tropics with basically no illness.
5) how paraniod should we be with surfaces etc? I am fairly paranoid here, as there's an outbreak of norovirus and it's flu season. I wipe down tables when we eat out, use a highchair cover etc. what about surfaces in our room?
6) feeding- we BF and have introduced a couple of foods mostly for playing and mostly in case I get sick in Mexico and we need to give food. I found the other day though that a bit of chewed up food from a restaraunt gave us a bit more peace to eat :) is it safe to give anything? and DD loves ice cubes- I assume that's a bad idea even if we don't avoid them?
well this is turning into a novel but I think you get the gist!