or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Regular Chat Thread? - Page 19

post #361 of 376


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post

Becky I love that dream!!  Can I have it next??

 

I had a labor dream the other night.  I can't believe I didn't come on here and share it! 

I was laboring on DD's futon mattress and baby was coming 6 weeks early.  It felt so real.  Exactly like it did with DD.  We were wondering if we should go to the hospital b/c it was so early, or call my midwife first, or just have the baby at home with no help.  In the end I just kept on laboring, and then I realized DD was still sleeping on the futon and I had to be quiet or else she might wake up, and I didn't think I could lay with her to get her back to sleep.  Then I woke up. 

 

re: the weight issue, I'm never going to be ok with not knowing.  I just need to learn to be ok with the number.  And I personally cannot STAND that it's one number and home and usually 3-4 lbs higher at the drs office.  The only thing is that it's always 3-4 lbs higher there, so at least it's rising at the right rate, but it's just the wrong freaking number.  How can I be 147 at home but 150 in their office?? That's a huge difference and it makes it look like I've already gained 10 lbs when I just haven't!  UGH!  Why doesn't it bug me so much?!?

 

Jill - I remember your thread about the shots.  I'm so glad you decided to do them, and I can't believe it's already time!  You're right - if that's what it takes for a fullterm baby, you do what you have to do! Keep us posted.

 

You may!

My friend's mother said (I posted the dream on Facebook) that when she was pregnant with my friend she dreamed that she just kept having babies and had to start putting them in drawers and such because she didn't have enough cribs - and ran out of names, so one was named Cardboard. :D I personally think I want that dream next!

 

I only ever weigh myself at work - which is the midwife's office. So then it's consistent.
 

post #362 of 376

LOL Becky! That dream is great.

 

I had a dream the night before last that I went to get my 20 week ultrasound and the ultrasound tech was Skinner from X-Files (any nerds out there see that show?) He was all dour, just like he is on the show 'cept he had a lab coat on. lol He told me the baby was healthy and strong and then he got up to leave without telling me the gender. So I said, "Is it a boy or a girl?" He looked away, all dramatic and after a few seconds he said, "It's a boy." and then left the room quickly, slamming the door. I don't why he felt the need to be so dramatic about it all!

 

I think we've been watching too many episodes of X-Files on Netflix. winky.gif

post #363 of 376

Haha!!  That dream is awesome too!!!

 

I had a dream that was very amazing race this morning , and I don't even watch that stupid show.  I remember the most was the team (I wasn't even there, just observing this whole thing) had to make it down a grassy/mossy cliff or mountain, and they finally got to the bottom and it was swampy, too swampy to cross.  So they climbed back up the mountain and found a rocky trail across the top (you know, this dream is feeling more and more like ManTracker than anything else now) and once they're up there they see that the swamp was only the inlet part of a HUGE river.  So they're walking along and saying, "We would have died going across that!" and get to the edge of the trail and there's just a fallen log ... that they need to jump off of straight into the river.  It's like a million stories straight down, by only like 200 feet of river left, so they decide to jump and swim across.  As the first girl jumps off the log, I woke up.  I really wanted to see how that one ended!!

post #364 of 376

I had a dream last night that we were at some amusement park, but there was hardly anyone there because there was so much snow and it was dark. We still had to walk the long paths as if there was a line, and some of them involved pretty serious climbing because of all the ice and snow. Then we'd get to the top and I'd have to walk back down and meet my family at the bottom because I couldn't do the ride since I'm pregnant. Then I went to warm up in the customer service office and Barak Obama was there. He was really upset, almost crying, because he really wanted to go to an AA meeting because he is on the wagon, but Michelle wouldn't let him because it would be bad for his image.

post #365 of 376

Ack!  I keep having the dreams.  I had a dream last night that we were at the zoo, I heard a splash and my 6 year old son had jumped in, my daughter jumped in to but she was fine - he wasn't. :(  It woke me up. 

 

The weight thing - the first time, I just stopped getting weighed.  I hit a horrid number when I still had few months left, so I just ate healthy and stopped looking.  All three - I NEVER look at dr's office.  I look at home and that is how I monitor it.  If it gets too much, I'll stop checking at home as well.

post #366 of 376


Love, love, love X-Files!  That's a great dream!

 

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChemistryClass View Post

LOL Becky! That dream is great.

 

I had a dream the night before last that I went to get my 20 week ultrasound and the ultrasound tech was Skinner from X-Files (any nerds out there see that show?) He was all dour, just like he is on the show 'cept he had a lab coat on. lol He told me the baby was healthy and strong and then he got up to leave without telling me the gender. So I said, "Is it a boy or a girl?" He looked away, all dramatic and after a few seconds he said, "It's a boy." and then left the room quickly, slamming the door. I don't why he felt the need to be so dramatic about it all!

 

I think we've been watching too many episodes of X-Files on Netflix. winky.gif

post #367 of 376

PSA:  If you don't want to have an emotional preggo teary moment, don't go to the February DDC and scroll through pictures of all their new babies!  OMG they are so delicious and I can't wait to have one!!!  Hurry up, August!!

post #368 of 376

I totally forgot.  I have been having dreams with Khloe Kardashian in them.  I haven't been watching their show, I don't see her in any magazines so WTF?  I've had three dreams where she's been in them!  No clue what that means. lol

post #369 of 376

I just have to share this dream I had this afternoon, as it involves all you wonderful August DDC ladies.

 

I had a dream that we were all on some weird pregnancy game show, and we had to choose between these huge vats filled with different fruits floating in their juices. Some of you got so excited about the fruit that you jumped into the vats to drink the juice, and kept calling out to those of us that couldn't decide that your vat was the best tasting. I remember feeling really confused about trying to choose between oranges and magoes as I wanted both together. Then it devolved into a huge fruit food fight with pieces of fruit and juice flying everywhere.

 

I woke up at that point, but it was truly weird for me to have such a vivid dream, not to mention it being a game show, as we don't watch any TV, and I've never liked watching game shows. It did seem like fun though.

post #370 of 376


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lynann View Post

I just have to share this dream I had this afternoon, as it involves all you wonderful August DDC ladies.

 

I had a dream that we were all on some weird pregnancy game show, and we had to choose between these huge vats filled with different fruits floating in their juices. Some of you got so excited about the fruit that you jumped into the vats to drink the juice, and kept calling out to those of us that couldn't decide that your vat was the best tasting. I remember feeling really confused about trying to choose between oranges and magoes as I wanted both together. Then it devolved into a huge fruit food fight with pieces of fruit and juice flying everywhere.

 

I woke up at that point, but it was truly weird for me to have such a vivid dream, not to mention it being a game show, as we don't watch any TV, and I've never liked watching game shows. It did seem like fun though.

Man, I wish! That made me hungry :)
 

post #371 of 376

I totally got stuck on my couch last night girls. bag.gif It reclines completely flat, and each seat is contoured. Anyway, I was watching the Oscars, and I had the couch all the way back...then I couldn't get back up! Since they are contoured like that, I couldn't roll sideways, the only option is to un-recline it and I couldn't do it! Then DH starts laughing, so I start laughing and then I'm more stuck. It was horrible! And NOT FUNNY DH!

 

 

lol.gif

post #372 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post

I totally got stuck on my couch last night girls. bag.gif It reclines completely flat, and each seat is contoured. Anyway, I was watching the Oscars, and I had the couch all the way back...then I couldn't get back up! Since they are contoured like that, I couldn't roll sideways, the only option is to un-recline it and I couldn't do it! Then DH starts laughing, so I start laughing and then I'm more stuck. It was horrible! And NOT FUNNY DH!

 

 

lol.gif

 

Riight.. Not funny at all :D That's why I read this one out loud to my DF :D

 

I'm so sorry, though, ack! I hope you glared at him the appropriate amount of time when he helped you up ;)
 

 

post #373 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post

I totally got stuck on my couch last night girls. bag.gif It reclines completely flat, and each seat is contoured. Anyway, I was watching the Oscars, and I had the couch all the way back...then I couldn't get back up! Since they are contoured like that, I couldn't roll sideways, the only option is to un-recline it and I couldn't do it! Then DH starts laughing, so I start laughing and then I'm more stuck. It was horrible! And NOT FUNNY DH!

 

 

lol.gif


Ha!  Oh -- er I mean, you poor thing!!  LOL!  What can I say, it happens!!  I'm actually at the point now when getting out of the car I have to move the seat back, put both feet over onto the ground and hoist myself out with the steering wheel.  Oye!!

 

So, what's new girls?  A new week!  (Well, yesterday, but MDC was down almost all day!!).  I'm SIXTEEN weeks today!  For some reason to me that just sounds really pregnant.  I always liked being 16 weeks or hearing that someone was 16 weeks.  And now here I am!  Wahoo!

 

DH's birthday is this week on Thursday, he's turing the big 3-0 (as will I in 3 weeks).  We are getting carpet installed upstairs this week in his office that he has been single handedly renovating since he began working from home last August.  Finally in the last stages and getting the carpeting done.  When it's all up I'll post before and after pics.  Basically he took it from attic space and turned it into a living space.  I'm super impressed with his work and that he's done it all on his own in his "spare time".  

 

We also bought a new car!  We won't have it for a few weeks.  It's used but new to us.  A certified pre-owned BMW 325xi sport wagon.  Drool.  Four glorious doors, a huge trunk, manual transmission, heated seats, power sunroof.  Can't wait to drive this bad boy!!  We have to sell both cars and downsize to a one car household, but right now it seems like it'll work.  Considering I'm home most of the time and so is he, and if he needs to travel he can easily rent a car.  There are a few things we'll have to work out but overall it might work, right?  I hope so!  Ha!  

post #374 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by Agatha_Ann View Post

I totally got stuck on my couch last night girls. bag.gif It reclines completely flat, and each seat is contoured. Anyway, I was watching the Oscars, and I had the couch all the way back...then I couldn't get back up! Since they are contoured like that, I couldn't roll sideways, the only option is to un-recline it and I couldn't do it! Then DH starts laughing, so I start laughing and then I'm more stuck. It was horrible! And NOT FUNNY DH!

 

 

lol.gif


Oh, boy!   lol.gif  That's too funny.  But I'm only laughing because you did.  I wouldn't dare laugh if you hadn't. 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baby_Cakes View Post




Ha!  Oh -- er I mean, you poor thing!!  LOL!  What can I say, it happens!!  I'm actually at the point now when getting out of the car I have to move the seat back, put both feet over onto the ground and hoist myself out with the steering wheel.  Oye!!

 

So, what's new girls?  A new week!  (Well, yesterday, but MDC was down almost all day!!).  I'm SIXTEEN weeks today!  For some reason to me that just sounds really pregnant.  I always liked being 16 weeks or hearing that someone was 16 weeks.  And now here I am!  Wahoo!

 

DH's birthday is this week on Thursday, he's turing the big 3-0 (as will I in 3 weeks).  We are getting carpet installed upstairs this week in his office that he has been single handedly renovating since he began working from home last August.  Finally in the last stages and getting the carpeting done.  When it's all up I'll post before and after pics.  Basically he took it from attic space and turned it into a living space.  I'm super impressed with his work and that he's done it all on his own in his "spare time".  

 

We also bought a new car!  We won't have it for a few weeks.  It's used but new to us.  A certified pre-owned BMW 325xi sport wagon.  Drool.  Four glorious doors, a huge trunk, manual transmission, heated seats, power sunroof.  Can't wait to drive this bad boy!!  We have to sell both cars and downsize to a one car household, but right now it seems like it'll work.  Considering I'm home most of the time and so is he, and if he needs to travel he can easily rent a car.  There are a few things we'll have to work out but overall it might work, right?  I hope so!  Ha!  


Yay for renovations and new cars!  We need a second vehicle very badly. 

 

I think we need to start a new chat thread.  This one is WAY too big, and today is the beginning of a new month.  (Goodbye to horrible February!)  What do you all think?

post #375 of 376
Quote:
Originally Posted by *Jessica* View Post




Oh, boy!   lol.gif  That's too funny.  But I'm only laughing because you did.  I wouldn't dare laugh if you hadn't. 


 


Yay for renovations and new cars!  We need a second vehicle very badly. 

 

I think we need to start a new chat thread.  This one is WAY too big, and today is the beginning of a new month.  (Goodbye to horrible February!)  What do you all think?


Go for it! I agree, I was thinking the same thing!
post #376 of 376

I started a new one, MDC just won't let me back on to post that I did until now. eyesroll.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: August 2011