I am 38 weeks 2 days pregnant with twins. Baby A (presenting baby) is footling breech. My doctor wants me to have a scheduled c-section on Wednesday, Jan 19th (I will be 38.5 weeks). I want to wait (if safe for all) until spontaneous labor happens, due to the benefits to the babies and myself. And in addition, I understand that babies have been known to turn vertex in the rigors of natural labor. If this happens I get the natural, vaginal childbirth I wanted from the beginning. My doctor is pushing hard for the scheduled section because one, going beyond 38.5 weeks is "like splitting hairs" regarding benefit to detriment. And two, that she can advocate the minimal intervention I have requested and the skin to skin c-section I want if I must go that route. I can't help listening to my gut and my desire for the babies to be ready...not the doctors to be ready.
Does anyone have an opinion or experience with this kind of decision?