I know most of these points have already been said but oh well.
1. We have a small car and a baby who HATES being buckled in. Its incredibly awkward to try to fit myself in the doorway and buckle in a baby who is screaming and arching his back. I'll have to do it eventually but I don't want to purposely torture myself if I don't have to.
2. Its freaking windy here. Its not incredibly cold (although it will be in 2 weeks when I'm back in Michigan) but even I'm cold in a thick hoodie the minute and a half I'm outside.
3. Just because you *have* the option to remove the carseat from the base doesn't mean you have to. We bring the bucket in the house but not in the store.
4. Sometimes you aren't in a store long enough to justify getting them out of the seat. The other day I had to run into the corner gas station to use the ATM. Its illegal to leave him in the car alone (not that I would) but it would easily take 4x as long to get him out of the seat and back in it than I would spend inside.
5. Yes its nice to take them in the house while they're still sleeping even if you don't leave them in it. I can bring him in and set him down (still asleep) while I put away the groceries and THEN wake him up. Its very inconvenient for me DS and I when he wakes up and needs me *immediately* while I have frozen foods that also need put away *immediately* and I'm the only one home. When he outgrows his bucket he'll also be old enough to wait a few minutes while I get the most urgent things taken care of.
And #6. Sometimes I'm in a hurry to go somewhere. I don't have time to warm up the car and I don't have time to change him into some warmer clothes.
In short, I love my bucket and I hate my bucket (for being heavy and awkward) but I think its worth the money we paid for it.