1. What is your first name? Meg
2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? We have a 4 year old daughter and this baby will be #2.
3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married for 7 years, together for 9 years.
4. When are you "due?" 10/18/2011 though I'd happily go over a few days to have a Scorpio. DD was born at 40 weeks, 5 days, so we'll see!
5. Do you have any names picked out? We have some that we like, but gauging from our experience naming our daughter, it is fruitless to pick out definite names ahead of time. We don't really share our ideas. I think it is somewhat similar to waiting to find out the baby's sex until birth...I like the surprise element.
6. List 3 facts about yourself. 1. I'm a doula turned SAHM mom, but still love giving mamas advice and being involved in our birth community here. 2. I love to cook-we eat organic, shop at the farmer's market, and have a garden. I'd love to get chickens. 3. I'm hoping the labor with this baby is way shorter than the 40 hour one I had with DD!
7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? It may be our last. I think it depends on how we feel after this one is born. I didn't want to have our kids close together (they will be almost 5 years apart, which I hope will be good for everyone).
8. Do you have any cravings yet? Not really, but I was gorging on fresh greens and citrus the week before I found out I was pregnant. I am noticing that I can taste food better and my sense of smell is more intense already.
9. What is your plan for the birth? Homebirth, definitely. Maybe a water birth. It depends what I desire at the time. DD was a homebirth to hospital transfer for meconium. She ended up being just fine and the birth was okay, but I want a more emotional, spiritual, quiet, and private birth this time. It is hard to get that in the hospital!
10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? I would love a girl or a boy.
11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc). Just healthy with a big, healthy placenta! DD has Dh's coloring (blond hair/blue eyes) so I'd love one that has dark hair like me.
12. What state do you live in? California
13. Do you have any hobbies? Reading, cooking, herbalism, natural health care, learning to knit, hanging out with friends, just being with my family, exploring beaches, parks, museums and other cultural things together. Travel, also!
14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? Just one, after I realized I was a couple of days late. We weren't really trying, but we weren't not trying, either. It took us a year to conceive DD, so the fact that this happened so, so quickly is pretty surprising! We are just getting used to the idea that soon enough we will be a family of four!
15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. Only Dh and I know. We told everyone very early last time and this time I'd like to hold onto our secret for a bit longer. I'll probably tell a couple of close friends sooner rather than later, just to be able to talk about it and have their support.