1. What is your first name? Julie
2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? This is number one.
3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married (though not legally), have been together 11 years.
4. When are you "due?" October 30, the day after my dad's birthday!
5. Do you have any names picked out? A list of about 10 for each sex, but it might be hard to come to an agreement. We have very different criteria for names, in that DH likes made-up names and I like "real" names. We have more overlap for girl names, though.
6. List 3 facts about yourself. I'm virtually incapable of writing brief posts, I live on a homestead/farm with a bunch of critters, and I've wanted a baby for about 9 years (although we only started trying last fall).
7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? I want one more, husband only wants one biological child, although he would be willing to adopt a second. We will have to see, once we have one, what agreement we can come to.
8. Do you have any cravings yet? Nope, but I'm only 12DPO. I am noticeably hungry, thirsty, and tired, but nothing serious.
9. What is your plan for the birth? We're a three-hour drive (through the middle of nowhere) to the nearest hospital with midwives, and my husband (and me, a little, too) is worried about complications for our first birth, so probably at the hospital with an OB. I hope I get the good one, because here you just get whoever is on call, and there's one guy who seems really fantastic! I'm hoping to get a doula, as they are available a little closer to home and they can help us keep it as intervention-free as I want it to be.
10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? Honestly, I'm kind of hoping for twins, although I realize that that might make me crazy. My husband would accept us having two if they were twins! Ideally, a boy/girl pair. But I would be really happy with a single of either sex.
11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) Let's see . . . his teeth (no fillings) and love for learning new things, and my eyesight (which is MUCH better than my husband's) and love for language.
12. What state do you live in? Saskatchewan, Canada
13. Do you have any hobbies? I'm kind of a Jill of all trades . . . so cross-country skiing, veggie and flower gardening, knitting and crochet, animal training, travel, reading, recently natural-materials building (a straw bale chicken coop, and hopefully a cob garden shed next summer), walking, cooking, singing . . . it depends on the week. I recently started learning to play marimba (like a big wooden xylophone) with my husband.
14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? The only tests I can get here are $10 a pop, so only one so far. I have two more, I'm going to take them next week and the week after that. I had a very early loss last fall (18DPO), so I'm going to worry until I'm at least past that day . . . I want my tests to last me until well after that.
15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. I told my sister, because she's one of my very best friends and I'm terrible at keeping secrets. I'll tell my parents the next time I talk to them. I'll leave it up to my DH whether he wants to tell MIL when she comes to visit tomorrow or not . . . I would kind of prefer not, but I don't feel too strongly about it. I'll hold off on telling anyone else for a little while, at least, because I only had to untell one couple last time (other than family), and that was too many.