Hello all! I am officially coming out of lurking to announce: Yay! We're expecting!!!
1. What is your first name? Carolyn
2. How many kids do you have (including the new baby)? This is my fifth pregnancy; we have a ds age 8, followed by a full-term loss (dd), then went on to have dd age 4 and dd age 2
3. Are you married, single, divorced, in a relationship...? Married - and our 10 year anniversary is on the 10th of March!
4. When are you "due?" October 24th, 2011
5. Do you have any names picked out? Not yet
6. List 3 facts about yourself. My dh and I both come from huge extended families...just on my side alone I have over 100 first cousins between my mom's and dad's sides of the family. We recently started gardening and canning, and it's turned into a way of life that is so unexpectedly rich and rewarding. We live in a big old two story house that was moved across my hometown to it's current location by a house mover, and set on a new foundation. Dh and the kids and I were able to walk along side the house as it was slowly towed through the streets.
7. Is this your last baby or do you want more? We are always open for more, God willing
8. Do you have any cravings yet? Peanut butter
9. What is your plan for the birth? Long story short, I've had two hospital births and two homebirths, and not in that order. For this birth, we are thinking hospital, but I tend to have fast labors, so I will for sure be having some supplies/resources ready if we would end up staying home. Our family doctor is awesome and actually attended our last homebirth. I struggled a bit with depression immediately following my last birth, so I'm feeling like a hospital birth could offer extra help and extra pampering those first few days to ease the transition. Our local hospital is awesome...very accepting of natural birth and pretty much lets us call all the shots. Combined with our great doctor, it sort of feels like a "homebirth in a hospital!" Honestly the birth I had there several years ago felt more like a vacation than a hospital stay!
10. We know healthy, but hoping for a girl/boy/twins? A boy would be awesome after three girls in a row, but really, a girl would be amazing too.
11. You hope your baby has your ____ and his______. (eyes.. smile etc) My brown eyes and his calm disposition!
12. What state do you live in? Wisconsin
13. Do you have any hobbies? Love to read, especially spiritual books, be outside, camp, swim, go for drives, pretty much anything our family can do together.
14. How many pregnancy tests have you taken so far, lol? Four - I never get tired of seeing that second line appear!
15. Have you told anyone your pregnant or waiting? If waiting, details. We've not told ANYONE yet, which is really hard! We both felt like it was a neat thing to keep just between the two of us for a while. We'd like to wait until around twelve weeks to tell, but I'm not sure if my fifth-time-around belly will be able to be kept hidden that long!