or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Handmade Holidays 2011!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Handmade Holidays 2011!!! - Page 14

post #261 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntuitiveJamie View Post

Well you ladies are working it (even with some mistakes) you're getting something done. Since the advent calendars, my energy and my umph seemed to go poof. Maybe be due to new pregnancy. love.gif

I'm likely to scrap the rest of all the other ideas and just start crafting baby stuff. lol



 

Congratulations on the pregnancy!!! That can be everyone's Christmas present..
 Take it easy and enjoy making baby stuff :)

post #262 of 386

Thank you very much! I'm pretty excited! joy.gif

post #263 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntuitiveJamie View Post

Well you ladies are working it (even with some mistakes) you're getting something done. Since the advent calendars, my energy and my umph seemed to go poof. Maybe be due to new pregnancy. love.gif

I'm likely to scrap the rest of all the other ideas and just start crafting baby stuff. lol



Wow!How exciting!Congratulations!

 

Make baby stuff!

post #264 of 386

Those avdent calendars are awesome!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by IntuitiveJamie View Post

Rere: "So where are you getting inspiration for the men in your lives????????"  From the electronics department! LOL thumb.gif

 

Okay, so I finally took a few pictures of the advent calendars. There are only 5 of the 7. The numbers on the ornament pouches don't show up so great in the pictures, but you can see them fine in person, (on all but one which I will be modifying soon). Also, I don't have any ornaments hung to show you. Hey, I at least took some pictures finally.  So  here ya go.

 

 

 

 

 

 


I'm all done with gifts for my side of the family and I'm sending them back with my mother when she leaves back to the Bay Area.  I'm almost all done with my in-laws as well and I still need to do gifts for the kids (a puppet theater and sock puppets and misc stocking stuffers).  I also still need to make marmalade for the neighbors and friends, but I'm getting close to the finish line. :)

 

So far, I have made 5 tote bags, 3 note card packs in envelope holders, brown rice heating pads, and framed canvas paintings by the children for the grandparents.  We also bought a roll of paper from Ikea and did potato stamping for Christmas wrapping paper.  I think it turned out super cute.  Here's pics!

 

 

post #265 of 386

Those avdent calendars are awesome! Thanks Gardenbelle. I did such a better job then the first round,  6 years before. lol

 

Your projects are wonderful as well. I'm a big BIG fan of rice heating pads. I don't know anyone that wouldn't like one of those! And the bag is awesome. What a fantastic idea.

 

Y'all have got some lucky receivers of your gifts!

post #266 of 386



Gardenbelle,Yay for seeing the finish line!Thanks for sharing your pics.Everything looks great!

 

 

 

 

 

 

post #267 of 386

So today,I'm going to try to get my daughter to paint some mugs for our friends(although it's 9:30 and she's still asleep.Makes me worry that she might be sick).I'd like to make an elf like stocking for my families gift exchange and maybe a cup holder for my brother.I think that's all I can do without leaving the house for supplies.

 

I really want to go to the store and get a new t-shirt because the one I messed up is really bugging me,but it will be way too crazy over where the craft store is.

 

I'm also going to try to get my husband to help me figure out some food gifts(he's the chef in our family).The ideas are swirling in my brain and I need some definite plans.

 

Yesterday I made a blanket out of sweaters but the binding is really not working out.If I finish the other stuff I might start taking the binding off but that's really good work to get done during the week when my 2 yr old nephew is here or in the evening when we are snuggling up.

post #268 of 386

I finished the stocking!

 

It's for my family's gift exchange game.The theme was movie.I chose Elf and will add some nice maple syrup to go in the stocking.

post #269 of 386
I'm trying to talk myself into going to Goodwill to look for more terrarium containers. I'm guessing most of the shoppers were there yesterday. I doubt glassware is slim pickings today...but the other stuff might be.

Any ideas on adult gift exchange ideas? We have a get together each year with my step-mom and her college friends, and do an exchange. The rules are $20 or less, and they're mostly teachers and local government employees. We usually bring a girl gift and a guy gift. I'm sure the ladies would like the terrariums, but the guys wouldn't be too excited by them.
post #270 of 386

So adorable, Rere!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by rere View Post

I finished the stocking!

 

It's for my family's gift exchange game.The theme was movie.I chose Elf and will add some nice maple syrup to go in the stocking.



 

post #271 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

I'm trying to talk myself into going to Goodwill to look for more terrarium containers. I'm guessing most of the shoppers were there yesterday. I doubt glassware is slim pickings today...but the other stuff might be.
Any ideas on adult gift exchange ideas? We have a get together each year with my step-mom and her college friends, and do an exchange. The rules are $20 or less, and they're mostly teachers and local government employees. We usually bring a girl gift and a guy gift. I'm sure the ladies would like the terrariums, but the guys wouldn't be too excited by them.


I'm trying to talk myself out of going to the Goodwill.HA!I want to go but know I will regret it once I get over there.But I need a frame and hopefully a globe.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenbelle View Post

So adorable, Rere!
 



 


Thanks!

 

 

 

 

Finished a cup cozy for my brother.I should be "encouraging"my daughter to get busy on her list but she is soooo busy playing that I just can't bring my self to interrupt her.I guess I'll start removing the binding from the sweater blanket.Uhg.Maybe I'll go bug my husband about food gift ideas instead.HA!

 

post #272 of 386

Rere-  I LOVE that stocking!! It looks like a felted sweater? I love the "Elf" style of it. It's fantastic!

post #273 of 386

I just made some of these mini cork planters.  They are too freaking cute!  My bro will love them plus they are tiny and won't take up any room in his carry on.  I was even able to find tiny succulents in our potted plants to put in them.  Saw the idea on pinterest.  Not sure where the idea originally came from but this picture is from etsy. http://www.etsy.com/listing/83045706/custom-order-for-ranbo-succulent-cork

http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.275326505.jpg

post #274 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by IntuitiveJamie View Post

Rere-  I LOVE that stocking!! It looks like a felted sweater? I love the "Elf" style of it. It's fantastic!



Thank you!!Yes,felted sweaters.

 

 

How are you feeling?

post #275 of 386

I love these!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evermom View Post

I just made some of these mini cork planters.  They are too freaking cute!  My bro will love them plus they are tiny and won't take up any room in his carry on.  I was even able to find tiny succulents in our potted plants to put in them.  Saw the idea on pinterest.  Not sure where the idea originally came from but this picture is from etsy. http://www.etsy.com/listing/83045706/custom-order-for-ranbo-succulent-cork

http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.275326505.jpg



 

post #276 of 386

Everyone's work is great.. I love the little planters..

 

I got absolutely nothing done this weekend.. I should have known my motivation would be low.. Today is my 6th anniversary and yet again Im spending it without my husband.. I know it sounds horrible but for once Id love to spend the day WITH the man I married, our children are just not compensation for him not being here.. I have no holiday cheer to go around....

 

Ok, now I need to work on the sweater if I can get myself too. Christmas isn't going to do itself.

post #277 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by OkiMom View Post

Everyone's work is great.. I love the little planters..

 

I got absolutely nothing done this weekend.. I should have known my motivation would be low.. Today is my 6th anniversary and yet again Im spending it without my husband.. I know it sounds horrible but for once Id love to spend the day WITH the man I married, our children are just not compensation for him not being here.. I have no holiday cheer to go around....

 

Ok, now I need to work on the sweater if I can get myself too. Christmas isn't going to do itself.



NO,it doesn't sound horrible.My husband is gone quite a bit but he's back and forth(gone for a few weeks...home for a week or two).It would be really hard to have him just be gone the entire time he's touring.You're amazing for not only keeping it together but also doing all this creating to make a lovely holiday for your kids.If you have a moment(or two or three or a thousand)of low motivation because you want your husband with you that's more than understandable.

 

Happy Anniversary!

post #278 of 386

Today I colored and scented some epsom salts for my sister.I put them in a nice jar and now I just need to find some sort of cute scoop to go inside.Hopefully the Goodwill will come through for me.

 

Last night I took the binding off the sweater blanket but now I'm not really sure how to deal with the edges.I guess just blanket stitch.

post #279 of 386

Those are so cute!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4evermom View Post

I just made some of these mini cork planters.  They are too freaking cute!  My bro will love them plus they are tiny and won't take up any room in his carry on.  I was even able to find tiny succulents in our potted plants to put in them.  Saw the idea on pinterest.  Not sure where the idea originally came from but this picture is from etsy. http://www.etsy.com/listing/83045706/custom-order-for-ranbo-succulent-cork

http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_fullxfull.275326505.jpg



 

post #280 of 386

Wow, everyone's been busy! Great stuff everyone!

 

I actually had a very productive crafting weekend. Spent nearly 5 hours yesterday working on DS's advent calendar (he was at the grandparents) so there's actually a hope that it might get done this year! lol Getting the numbers onto the darn ornaments has been my biggest stumbling block, but I think I've finally figured it out. I just need to find the time to embroider and assemble each one. (The calendar I'm doing is loosely based on this one but I scaled it down so cutting numbers out of felt didn't really work).

 

I also just went over my To-Do list tonight and whoa, there's a lot still to be done! I'm going to push hard the next few days on the advent calendar and then hope for another productive weekend. I just know that December's going to get busy (like it always does) and it's going to get harder and harder to find time to craft.

(BONUS: Just got a permanent sewing area set up tonight too, so I can actually sew in the evenings!!! joy.gif Before it was in the spare/baby's room so I had to move a bunch of stuff to get the sewing machine available, then move it back so the room was usable for my babysitting charge during the week. What a pain!)

 

Oh, and Jamie, I hear ya on the wanting to craft stuff for baby dilemma! I have had to force myself to stop working on stuff for babe for the next month so I can focus on Christmas. But I'm certainly going to still have a lot on my list after the 25th and into all of Jan! winky.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Arts & Crafts
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Handmade Holidays 2011!!!