or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Handmade Holidays 2011!!!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Handmade Holidays 2011!!! - Page 19

post #361 of 386

Today I would like to:

 

Buy one last t-shirt and get it washed .

 

Put the last coats of finish on my BIL's box

 

Make a mouse ornament.

 

Paint ornaments with the kids.

 

 

post #362 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere View Post

Today I would like to:

 

Buy one last t-shirt and get it washed .

 

Put the last coats of finish on my BIL's box

 

Make a mouse ornament.

 

Paint ornaments with the kids.

 

 


Well,the shirt I bought doesn't fit.Back to the craft store...I guess.The kids slept through ornament painting time.But I did make a mouse ornament and put another coat of finish on the box.

 

post #363 of 386

Here's the mouse(plus I added a few more pics).I'm pretty sure I got the inspiration at The Long Thread but now I can't find it over there.

post #364 of 386

Just did a bunch of wrapping(I wrapped two of my sister's presents in felted sweater sleeves.HA!)and now we're getting ready to go make cookies with my mom.So my list for tomorrow is:

 

make wine bottle glasses(fingers crossed that this works)

 

help my daughter make a t-shirt for her cousin

 

help my daughter make a gingerbread house for her grandma

 

ummmm,find the calendar I had made for my MIL. uhg.

 

and for Monday:

 

get the last t-shirt  done

 

look one last time for a globe

 

finish wrapping

 

 

 

post #365 of 386

I stopped working on my Cthulhu cross stitch for my BFF a few weeks ago. He has a new girlfriend (whom I've never met) who has a whoooooooooooole slew of issues and she forced him to stop communicating with me (no idea why -- we have always been absolutely, 100% platonic and I'm engaged. My BFF actually introduced me to my fiance). He's a 30 year old man, we're not in high school though you wouldn't know it from this situation. We have a long history of friendship spanning several years. I'm very hurt and I just get upset and angry when I work on the cross stitch I was going to give him. :(

post #366 of 386
I got these wrapped up today. Just need to finish my nephew's dino toys, his blanket, and the purse for my MIL as far as sewing goes. We need to make some baked goods and truffles for a couple guys in the family, but that can spread out over the week.

The polka dot case and purse:
6534763789_e4bdf20912_m.jpg
IMG_0013 by JJordanPhotography, on Flickr

6534766877_8e8bd9ab18_m.jpg
IMG_0015 by JJordanPhotography, on Flickr

Case made from fabric from my niece's flower girl dress at our wedding (lining), and a gown I made for another niece to wear for her baby pictures:
6534761261_33f61533e0_m.jpg
IMG_0016 by JJordanPhotography, on Flickr

6534768887_633a31c155_m.jpg
IMG_0018 by JJordanPhotography, on Flickr
post #367 of 386

attempted to make a washcloth fish puppet. It did not turn out. I may have to bail on the hand made stuff for my nieces this year... I've got some Hello Kitty coloring books, notebooks and pens for them. I may just pick up another small toy item or some books for them and just call it a day... time and energy are just running super low at this point...

 

Except my husband just saved Christmas! He said "why don't you just make the fish a stuffed animal?" BRILLIANT! A plushy fish scrubbie for bath time. Okay, crafting renewed! I can do this! And instead of doing the aprons for my other niece, I'll do a bath set for her too and save the aprons for next year. Okay, so to round out the bath sets I've got to make some bath paint and bath fizzies and possibly crayons. 

 

Oh my god I am not doing this again next year though. All Christmas crafting is going to be done by July, or I will abort the mission. 

post #368 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitchensqueen View Post

attempted 

Oh my god I am not doing this again next year though. All Christmas crafting is going to be done by July, or I will abort the mission. 

I need to stick to that plan, too. Coming down to the last few days is rough.
post #369 of 386

Pariah,so sorry to hear that.

 

Cameragirl,nice work!

 

KQ,yeah I swear next year I'm starting in January.Of coarse I say that every year.Ha!

 

 

Well,I finished my husband's present but the wine bottle glasses for my stepfather did NOT work.Working on plan B but I need a printer and don't have one.Hopefully my neighbor will be around today and I can use his.

 

Still no globe.So I'm working on a garland for them.This family is actually going out of town for Christmas so I have a little bit more time.

post #370 of 386

Here's one of the joke T-shirts for my husband.And one that I stitched the outline of a bass head.

 

Off to find my tracing paper so I can go use the neighbor's printer...

post #371 of 386

Ok,I decided to just go ahead and finish the garland.

 

Now really,I'm going to find my tracing paper...ok,maybe after some lunch...and a shower.

post #372 of 386

So I haven't done anything Christmas wise... Ive taken care of a rather sick baby (praying he gets better this week or we are taking a trip to Urgent care), had my van worked on, dealt with toddler/preschooler behavior from hell and otherwise lost my sanity.. Im filling in the gaps for the children's presents by some last minute ordering from Amazon (love you Amazon and your free 2-day shipping) and family is all getting framed family pictures. I love them all but honestly I can't do another thing. Ill finish the baby's sweater since its almost done and it was suppose to be done by the 1st.. I might finish the girls outfits because they asked very nicely for those and I haven't been sleeping well anyway..

 

And Im praying that this month ends quickly because I don't know what else I can handle.. Now off to replace the exhaust hose on the dryer since the cat ate it and then clean up the litter box from the girls dumping it..

post #373 of 386

I've got two colors of bath paint mixed up so far today. I need to stuff and sew shut the first plushie I made and make a second one tonight. And I decided to buy bath fizzies instead of make them. And I need to do the glass etching for my husband's gift still... 

post #374 of 386
Today we're making candies for the guys in the family. So far we've done Christmas crack and the Solstice Spice truffles are cooling. We'll roll them in cocoa tomorrow. We're also making the coconut truffles under the same link, and some cookie dough truffles.

Christmas crack:

http://www.craftster.org/forum/index.php?topic=283916.0

Solstice and Coconut truffles:

http://www.leftoverqueen.com/2011/12/06/diy-holiday-gift-series-decadent-chocolate-truffles


PS - the house smells sooo good. Luckily none of it is cool enough to eat, or I'd be pigging out.
post #375 of 386

Oki,I hope your babe is better soon!

 

 

Hopefully my husband did some printing for me last night and I can finish up my last present.Well,I still have a little baking to do but I'll do that on Christmas eve.And if this last gift doesn't work out,I may have to make that Christmas toffee recipe.I may have to make that anyway.I am really curios to try it.

 

CameraGirl,I understand about the pigging out.I can't make the chocolate chip cookies ahead of time because my daughter and I would totally eat them all.

 

 

We're off  to my MIL's this evening to hand out the first round!

post #376 of 386

phew, I lost my computer for two weeks so couldn't post.  I finished up the two advent calendar kits I was making and mailed one off (the other I will deliver in person on Christmas day!).  I did a journal cover for my son too.  I took pictures, but will have to wait to post until I can get that all configured on this new computer.  My husband made his spaghetti sauce and canned it last night, so I will give that in a pretty little dinner basket to his brother and two of his sisters.  and I have started a garland for myself to have for next year. I am using up tons of scraps :) 

I love looking at everyones projects!

post #377 of 386

I've been enjoying catching up on everyone's projects here.  DS decided he wanted a baby doll for Christmas so I finished making a Waldorf baby doll for him today. I knit a pair of wool longies for it that I just need to seam up.  I also need to put new rings in the doll sling I made a month ago (the first set of rings were too small) and add the last finishing touches to the wooden barn that my mom and I made during her visit at Thanksgiving since she and dad didn't get to it before they came.  I didn't manage nearly as many handmade gifts this year as I had hoped, but  at least I did manage to make ds some pretty great things I think.  DH and I have decided that it needs to be a priority for next year to do all handmade gifts again though since this year has felt just way too commercial to both of us.  

post #378 of 386
Well, the Christmas Crack came out like soft toffee. It is still delicious and tastes like caramel and chocolate covered pretzels, but I don't think my husband cooked it long enough. He claims he did...but he's been a bit absent minded lately. We'll probably remake this for gifting, and use the soft stuff for treats this week. (Or share with the neighbors.) I just don't think it will work well in the cookie tins we planned to put it in. I would definitely recommend trying this recipe.

I made the truffle mix for the Solstice Spice truffles, and we just need to shape them and roll them in cocoa this evening. We're planning on doing the cookie dough and the coconut truffles tonight as well. Tomorrow I'm planning on getting the sewing finished, because I'd really like to rest before going to the in-laws on Saturday.

For next year, I definitely need to start ahead. Make a list, and get a few things done each month. My only issue with that is that things go missing in this house. We share a house with Mom, so either she puts things in oddball places that nobody would think of, or my husband puts them up on a shelf that is above even his head. I couldn't find the fabric I got for a blanket meant for my sister's shower for MONTHS. One time I spent a week on a pair of really nice fleece pajama pants in Raider's fabric and with fancy silver thread details, and they just up and disappeared. They were on a shelf, all wrapped in a Christmas box in our room. Then they were gone. Seven years later, nobody has found the pants or has any clue what happened with them. Oh well. Moral of the story is that I need to keep a dedicated tub that nobody is allowed into, I guess.
post #379 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by cameragirl View Post

Well, the Christmas Crack came out like soft toffee. It is still delicious and tastes like caramel and chocolate covered pretzels, but I don't think my husband cooked it long enough. He claims he did...but he's been a bit absent minded lately. We'll probably remake this for gifting, and use the soft stuff for treats this week. (Or share with the neighbors.) I just don't think it will work well in the cookie tins we planned to put it in. I would definitely recommend trying this recipe.
I made the truffle mix for the Solstice Spice truffles, and we just need to shape them and roll them in cocoa this evening. We're planning on doing the cookie dough and the coconut truffles tonight as well. Tomorrow I'm planning on getting the sewing finished, because I'd really like to rest before going to the in-laws on Saturday.
For next year, I definitely need to start ahead. Make a list, and get a few things done each month. My only issue with that is that things go missing in this house. We share a house with Mom, so either she puts things in oddball places that nobody would think of, or my husband puts them up on a shelf that is above even his head. I couldn't find the fabric I got for a blanket meant for my sister's shower for MONTHS. One time I spent a week on a pair of really nice fleece pajama pants in Raider's fabric and with fancy silver thread details, and they just up and disappeared. They were on a shelf, all wrapped in a Christmas box in our room. Then they were gone. Seven years later, nobody has found the pants or has any clue what happened with them. Oh well. Moral of the story is that I need to keep a dedicated tub that nobody is allowed into, I guess.



the tub, yes!  and also, I need to tape a list inside the lid of what's in the tub.  I've been enjoying everyone's stuff - thanks from a lurker ;)

post #380 of 386
Quote:
Originally Posted by rere View Post

Oki,I hope your babe is better soon!

 



 

Thanks.. Hes feeling better but still has a cough and is still really clingy to me. We went over to my MILs today to drop off some baking I did for her and he wouldn't even leave my arms the entire time.

 

I made a ton of hair ties for the girls today and worked a bit on the sweater. I think Im going to go to bed early-ish (well earlier than I have been) and get up early then I can work on the sweater without having to worry about my son waking. He wakes more during the beginning of the night then later on.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Arts & Crafts
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Natural Living › The Mindful Home › Arts & Crafts › Handmade Holidays 2011!!!