has turned into one of pressure and stress. My doctor will not allow me to go over 41 weeks because I am a VBAC and he is not "comfortable." I believe it is because he is afraid the baby will get to big, over eight pounds if out of his comfort zone which is ridiculous. I'm 39 wks +5 days and no signs of anything happening in the labor department. I have an appointment next Wednesday and I know that he is going to want me to schedule a c-section if nothing has happened. At my last appointment my cervix was still high, tight, and not even 1 cm dilated. My son was 41 wks 4 days when he was born.
I'm just so upset and stressed. I keep begging baby to come. I've been living on my birthing ball to try and get the LO to move down, I'm taking EPO orally, walking, and praying. My DH and I plan to go into the appointment Wednesday and refuse to schedule a c-section but then that brings along with it a whole new set of worries. I've read conflicting information about his ability to drop me as a patient some say yes he can others no. I'm concerned about this because what I would like to happen is I get to 41 weeks, run test to ensure baby is healthy and then wait some more if everything is okay. I'm comfortable with going to 42 weeks, after that well I might get nervous. My other option is to refuse the c-section, have him drop me as a patient, and go to the hospital in labor and deal with whatever doctor is on call but then I ask myself "is a hostile environment something you really want to deal with in labor?"
It's messed up and I am angry that this joyous time has been reduced to this...really angry. I guess we will see how the appointment goes. Hopefully I won't make till then. I just wanted to vent. The thought of undergoing another c-section for no good reason as all has just consumed me and I feel sad.