Hang in there momma!! You can do this!
UPDATE on PAGE 5 - Feel like crying... doc wants me to schedule c/s next week! - Page 5
The whole amniotic fluid to high or too low thing really makes me beyond angry! I have been teaching childbirth classes for 10 years now and I know for a fact that a woman's levels fluctuate GREATLY from day to day and even from hour to hour! There are so many variables that can affect the levels...one is whether or not your baby has peed lately (obviously your fluid levels will be higher right after they pee in utero), two is how much water YOU have consumed. It is very hard for you body to make fluid if you don't drink fluid.
Two of my past students come to mind...one was planning a birth center birth but got to 40 weeks (which btw is not even AVERAGE...41 weeks and 1 day is average!) so they did a non-stress test on her. The OB on call doing the test told her she needed to go over to the hospital IMMEDIATELY and get induced because her levels were 4.7. Well, this momma was VERY educated and so she told the OB she was not going to do that but would be willing to go home, drink lots of fluids and come back in 2 days for another ultrasound. Guess what happened???? When she went back her levels were at 9.2! I also had a friend who just had this happen to her also and she called me crying because she didn't want to get induced. I told her to go home and drink a lot of fluids and not to pee before her next ultrasound. Same results...fluid levels were back up and she went on to have a natural vaginal birth.
My point is that the fluid level argument is a bunch of bull and it's just another way for OBs to be able to induce on THEIR schedule. They used to use the "I think this is a big baby" card to induce until insurance companies began refusing to cover inductions for that reason so they had to find a new MO in order to be able to plan their inductions...fluid levels it was! When I started teaching 10 years ago, I NEVER heard anyone talk about fluid levels...that came about about 5 years later.
I wish you had been able to have a truly supportive midwife...no woman deserves to feel what you are feeling right now! You should be excited and celebrating the imending birth of you child...not fighting for your basic rights! This really Pi$$es me off!!!!!!!
So now that your fluid levels are back up, your OB needs to find a new way to bully you so he's moving onto shoulder dystocia??? UGH And I do believe you are correct when you say that he probably wants to get you in there tomorrow in order to place some more fear into you. You are a very smart and perceptive mama and your baby is very luck to have such a great advocate!!!
I just really wish you peace and quietness (within yourself) so that you can enjoy these last few days of your pregnancy instead of being in a constant state of stress and adrenaline. Your baby is obviously doing great and so are you so just forget about all the fear mongering and threats and make a decision to do this YOUR way...and your BABY'S way. Good luck mama!
Hey girls, sorry I haven't been back to update. Well... it didn't end as I had hoped. I had a c/s. Happy to report though that I had a gorgeous, almost 10-pound blue-eyed baby boy! :)
I went to get another BBP/NST as usual. I asked if they could check to see if my water broke, just out of curiousity. I had been feeling drips going down my legs for a few days but brushed it off as discharge (I know, gross!). Anyway, my water had ruptured a few days before; the test came back positive. I was GBS+ this PG and I know that it's rare for complications but once your water breaks risks go up. I was told to go to L&D to be put on antibiotics, which I did. The OB on call was did not want to give me a TOL... again, worry was SD (eye roll). They were estimating my son to be 11.12 lbs via u/s (he was 9.13 lbs). Anyway, I felt I had no choice at that moment but to do the c/s, b/c of the GBS risk. If it weren't for that and my ROM, I would've walked out.
Recovery has been a little tough but better than my 1st c/s. I was on Motrin by the 2nd day this time around. I also asked them to give me anti-nausea meds during the surgery and told them to NOT give me any sedatives (I was dopey w/my 1st c/s and it was awful). Overall everything went very well, as well as a surgical birth can go. Do I wish it had been different? Of course, but I am not dwelling on it right now. For #4 I'll go for a VBA2C or HBA2C. ;)
I am taking this c/s way better than I took my first... maybe b/c I have already experienced a VBAC, I don't know. Doesn't mean I'm thrilled with the c/s but dealing with it as positively as I can.
Thank you so much to all of you who have been soooooooo supportive!!! I wish all of you your best VBAC/HBAC ever!!!