or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Fitness and Weight Management › Witchy Weight Loss and Support:, Imbolc to Beltane: Spring is coming!
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Witchy Weight Loss and Support:, Imbolc to Beltane: Spring is coming! - Page 2

post #21 of 71

melusina moment~ from "the white queen".... my time to turn back into a mermaid and have my "me" time. 

 

FEs~ far be it for me to deny anyone a FE, but intuition is so powerful with cell salts and FEs-- and i could easily imagine your body wanting to heal some more before letting you loose in the world of FEs, especially if you're going to try to find your constitutional.... have you done any reading on miasms/constitutionals/acute v chronic, etc...? i'm just starting to pick it all apart, but my own experiences in the realm the past few months really point me towards believing in the power of clearing away old clutter, so to speak..... i'm fading here, so i'm not making much sense, but-- yes! 

 

GB~ again, i am so delighted to see you! remind me to tell you where we spent 6 months last year..... 

 

ok, i must go make food! i've been doing splendidly well at making healthful meals for us all, packaging up portions for dh, so he is eating well, whatever time he happens to get to eat, and ds and i eat better too! which makes me so joyful.

 

one thing i am going to look into-- and let me know if any of you have thoughts.... i had this odd inspiration that perhaps a crockpot might be a good way for us to continue to eat healthfully once summer comes and it's too hot to "cook." toss things in in the morning while it's still coolish, let it cook away without the stove turned on, heating up the house, etc.... anyhow, i've never gotten into crock pots for fall and winter foods, because i love to stand over the pot, but in summer? hmmm.......

 

still no trampoline, either. encourage me? remind me? something...... i'm slacking in the desire to try it...........

post #22 of 71

Morning all you beautiful folks!! Catching up as work has become once again beastly... but that was to be expected.  Unfortunately losing my cool and professionalism lately has been a side effect which I am snapping back from quickly.  I am trying to practice some mindfulness exercises - i.e. I can only control my actions and words in this world, others will wash over me with no effect - in the hopes to try and disengage from my disgust with how my boss acts (lack of respect, professionalism), speaks and overall carries himself in this office.  Funny how the emotional keeps so much tied to the phyisical, as I feel lighter without this "emotional" burden of my anger/disgust.  Let's hope I can keep it up through out the day orngbiggrin.gif

 

In other news with the weightloss & activity challenge at work- that was right up my ally and I have been working out for an hour a day typically (walking on the ole treadmill, but doing hill work *ouch* and even jumping on the stair machine *double ouch!*)  and tracking how much I am eating. 

 

I am so far down 3lbs!!! and lots of my clothes feel looser on my body.  I'm hoping to keep up this progress and see how well I do next week on our mid-challenge weigh-in.  Peace.gif

 

Oh and I've even managed to get myself down to just 1 cup (yes its still a large 20oz cup) of coffee in the morning and herbal tea (me lurve tazo passion tea or wild sweet orange) in the afternoon/evening with several cups of water too. 

 

Glad to hear everyone is still doing great and welcome GoldBerry!!

post #23 of 71

Re: tea - I have a recommendation for you all - if you can find "Mighty Leaf" tea, the "Chocolate Mint Truffle" flavour is DIVINE.  So good.  It's a roiboos base, with cocoa nibs, mint leaves, some orange peel (I think) and a few other things.  I think I will go have some now.

 

I am doing a few weeks of super-low-carb with my workouts as intense as I can get them to knock these last few pounds off.  I'm down to 131, and I don't think I want to go below 122, and probably 125 will be sufficient, so less than 10 lbs now!

post #24 of 71

Snow here today! Kids are home so probably no exercising today. Well, maybe a short work out...
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by _ktg_ View Post

 

I am so far down 3lbs!!! and lots of my clothes feel looser on my body.  I'm hoping to keep up this progress and see how well I do next week on our mid-challenge weigh-in.  Peace.gif

 

 


Congrats! Keep up the good work! And nice to meet you! 

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

 

GB~ again, i am so delighted to see you! remind me to tell you where we spent 6 months last year..... 

 

ok, i must go make food! i've been doing splendidly well at making healthful meals for us all, packaging up portions for dh, so he is eating well, whatever time he happens to get to eat, and ds and i eat better too! which makes me so joyful.

 

one thing i am going to look into-- and let me know if any of you have thoughts.... i had this odd inspiration that perhaps a crockpot might be a good way for us to continue to eat healthfully once summer comes and it's too hot to "cook." toss things in in the morning while it's still coolish, let it cook away without the stove turned on, heating up the house, etc.... anyhow, i've never gotten into crock pots for fall and winter foods, because i love to stand over the pot, but in summer? hmmm.......

 

still no trampoline, either. encourage me? remind me? something...... i'm slacking in the desire to try it...........



Do tell! Oregon?

 

Good for you for making healthy food! I've gotten much better, but have yet to pack dh a lunch which I know would be so good for him! Maybe in March!

 

hide.gif I'm not a big crock pot/slow cooker fan...The flavors never did it for me.

 

What are you waiting for? Get that trampoline! Ebay?

post #25 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by spughy View Post

 

 

I am doing a few weeks of super-low-carb with my workouts as intense as I can get them to knock these last few pounds off.  I'm down to 131, and I don't think I want to go below 122, and probably 125 will be sufficient, so less than 10 lbs now!


I'm right with you- just about the same weight! 125 is my goal and while the rest of this week is coasting for me, I'm going to amp it up on Monday! Good luck to you! Let's blast these last pounds off!

post #26 of 71

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldBerry View Post

Do tell! Oregon?

 


yep! corvallis. well, we never quite made it there, stayed nearby with family while we tried to get settled.... boy, oregon did NOT want us there, lol... it was a really rough time, but a great growth time, too. we came back to az, and are so grateful to be here now. i cried for many months about the loss of my or farm dream, but i'm....(wow, writing about it makes me see how amazingly far i've come in the past year!) i'm really really happy to be here now. 

 

only i do wish it would get warmer! we've got at least one more night below freezing, but then it is supposed to warm up to almost 80. (i really start feeling better when it's 85 or warmer, though above 70 helps me not feel downright ILL, which is how i've been all week, the going back and forth is what really does me in.)

 

re: food-- packing lunch is HARD. all i have to do is portion out leftovers for him to reheat when he gets home. so much easier. 

 

speaking of lunches..... better go make some.... we're out of just about everything, so it should be entertaining, lol.

post #27 of 71

omg! i am under 150! i think the scale said 148.5. it has been more than 7 years since i was under 150. i am so stoked! my ultimate goal is to get back to 135 or 140 before i get pregnant again. that goal doesnt seem so far fetched any more. with the rate i am going it should only take another month to get to 140.

 

everybody has said how much better i look. healthy complexion, happy smiles. even with the stupid stuff that happened with DH. i feel better able to handle it. i love walking around and not feeling my body jar against my hip bones or my heels thud on the floor. my back feels straight, and it feels like my hips move and my body holds itself up. i dont know how to explain it.

 

i never thought i would ever be able to lose the weight. this is a dream come true.

 

i do a body flow class on monday nights. on wed nights i started a zumba class. i can only make it through half the class but it is fun! then i go sit in the steam room for 10 min. and sweat some more. fri i like to go to noon yoga but cant always make it. soon i am going to start taking the kids to open swim after church on sundays. and i want to start walking to the library on thur for story time. it is a nice 10 block walk.

 

still on a no dairy diet. occassionally i will have pizza. cut out all HFCS. i ate 4 girl scout cookies before looking at the box. oops. thhey had HFCS. not eating any fruit either, except lemons, limes, and orange juice. i stick to mostly tea, any meat, and rice or white bread. i feel less hungry too. my plate is smaller and if eel satisfied by it. then i drink water or a tea blend of mothers milk and RRL. before bed i take a prenatal vitamin, extra b vits and xtra folic acid. the doc told me to add xtra vit c (i am not supposed to eat any fruit for 6 weeks but i have been drinking home made lemonade and limade with stevia)

 

i read maltodextrin is used by athletes to help build muscle. i thought it was just an alt sugar.

 

something else i noticed. my red hair had been looking more and more brown over the years, but now it is starting to look more red again. wierd.

 

i hope everybody else is having a great day today!

post #28 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by LionessMom View Post

omg! i am under 150! i think the scale said 148.5. it has been more than 7 years since i was under 150. i am so stoked! my ultimate goal is to get back to 135 or 140 before i get pregnant again. that goal doesnt seem so far fetched any more. with the rate i am going it should only take another month to get to 140.

 

everybody has said how much better i look. healthy complexion, happy smiles. even with the stupid stuff that happened with DH. i feel better able to handle it. i love walking around and not feeling my body jar against my hip bones or my heels thud on the floor. my back feels straight, and it feels like my hips move and my body holds itself up. i dont know how to explain it.

 

i never thought i would ever be able to lose the weight. this is a dream come true.

 


That's wonderful! You go, mama! I know what you mean, I love the lightness in my step, the increase of energy and just the awareness of my muscles.

 


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post


yep! corvallis. well, we never quite made it there, stayed nearby with family while we tried to get settled.... boy, oregon did NOT want us there, lol... it was a really rough time, but a great growth time, too. we came back to az, and are so grateful to be here now. i cried for many months about the loss of my or farm dream, but i'm....(wow, writing about it makes me see how amazingly far i've come in the past year!) i'm really really happy to be here now. 

 


That sounds like quite a story! It's funny how sometimes we think we know what we need but later we find out what we needed was something else. I'm really glad you are in a good place for you!

 

Hardest part of this morning's workout:

Standing mountain climbers    ugh!

post #29 of 71

got in the pool yesterday for the first time in one of my new swimsuits. ohhh, ahhh! that was splendiferous! lurved it. so so so happy. it's warmer-ing-up out there, and it makes me feel SO much better.

 

one thing i'm noticing with the cell salts is that i FEEL my body more. i was so in tune with it before this OR jaunt, and whatever happened to my body there really adversely affected that. it's so wonderful to feel that start to come back. so so wonderful! 

 

still no trampoline. but i did put out the bit of my TM that has it on it, and figure that will motivate me.... although, now i'm back in the pool, all other thoughts are likely to get pushed out! lol. 

 

have i mentioned i love swimming??? heehee.

post #30 of 71

Popping in as its been a crazy week with work, & the kiddos who have been sick.  I am still holding steady at 196 and hopefully next week I'll see another drop as I am trying to be very good with my diet and a bit more laid back about my exercise in terms of just walking for 60 minutes instead of pushing myself/my body well beyond its limits (i.e. trying to walk at level 14 incline at 3.8mph  nono.gif)

 

I'm also working with some FE and they have been great, but *insert whine here* causing a bit of discomfort in terms of releasing my tension in my back. I carry a lot of tension in my shoulders, so its opened another door of work for me before I can move forward.

 

I hope everyone is doing great and getting ready for spring.  Yesterday it was chilly, but I got to see mud (instead of frozen snow & ice) and was soooooooooo excited for spring to be here! I should consider getting my bike tuned up in the next couple of weeks! YIPEEEEEE

 

 

post #31 of 71

i finally did it. i am under 150. i am 149.8. lol. still that is more than my target. i am at a current weight loss of almost 24 lbs. my original goal was only 15 lbs.

 

now with the fructose intolerance and bacterial overgrowth diagnosis i have to further restrict those foods. so i really have to cut back on carbs everywhere. i can have white rice, potatoes, and some homemade bread. maybe strawberries. and def lemons and limes. and any meat i want. i have to take vitamins but they have to be fructose and sorbitol free.

 

but i feel great when i stick to the diet. absolutely great. and the weight keeps coming off. i just have to make sure to eat enough and drink enough so i dont lose my milk.

 

i lost so much i had to start wearing my wedding ring on my middle finger. and it comes off with minimal wiggling.

 

i crave sugar so bad though. but everytime i eat it i am reminded almost immediately why i shouldnt. now that my gut is starting to heal itself, the sugar and fructose causes immediate stomach pains. and then for 3 days i feel tired.

 

i was told to start eating straight coconut oil. might try that tonight.

post #32 of 71

ktg, i posted in the FE thread in H&H about the release thing... i had that with the chamomile and my belly-- posted about that in this thread. amazing stuff, no?

 

LM, i dunno if you could find a way to make this help, but i've noticed that i crave sweets when it's cold. i thought at first it was dark and cold, but realized it's just when it's cold. i had started thinking that vit d might be a way to help sugar cravings of this sort, but since i now am fairly sure it's the COLD that does it to me, i'm at a bit of a loss..... anyhow it had me wondering if those of you with sugar cravings noticed that you crave it less in summer? 

post #33 of 71

i do crave it less in summer. i almost dont like it in summer. hmmm. sometihng to think about.

post #34 of 71

Hi Mamas!  

I haven't been around much...life can get in the way, you know?  But, life's pretty good. This weight release/healing journey has been/is quite powerful for me.  I joined a gym a couple weeks ago, and I've decided to use it as my own personal spa.  I'm focusing on doing things that feel yummy and nourishing like yoga, swimming, hot tub, steam and sauna. :D  Doing this feels good for my spirit which is good for me all around. luxlove.gif

 

Aweyn- How's the trampoline coming?  wink wink.  Glad you got to go swimming.

 

Congrats on all you lovelies for the progress in mind, body and spirit. 

post #35 of 71
Thread Starter 

Hello FR!  Congratulations all for what you are doing for yourselves and for the progress you have made!

 

I have fallen off the wagon since about the start of the month due to one crisis and another.  Time to climb on again!

post #36 of 71


I hope everything is alright. hug.gif  Hang in there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aubergine68 View Post

Hello FR!  Congratulations all for what you are doing for yourselves and for the progress you have made!

 

I have fallen off the wagon since about the start of the month due to one crisis and another.  Time to climb on again!



 

post #37 of 71

LM, see, isnt that interesting? i can not stand sugar in the summer. really, i'm so used to not liking it, it's odd for me to seek it out, let alone obsessively, which i found myself doing when it was frigid. if it was light, i could almost understand, and would think it was pituitary-linked somehow. but cold? i just dont know. i almost want to go look at my cell salts and see if i can find anything that makes sense with people who are sensitive to cold, and which salts are indicated for that. are you super sensitive to cold? do you get aches and stuff? i know i do. i'll poke around and see if i can figure anything out...... 

 

FR~ har har. no, i havent gotten one yet! i'm being awful! but i am thinking more and more that i should, it just keeps coming up!

lurve the use of the gym as your personal spa! lurve it. that's totally how i feel about the pool i go to.

 

aubergine, hugs, hon. life does that. 

 

shall we make a promise to make this thread a tad more active, even if we're not being active? inject some energy in that direction? 

biggrinbounce.gif

post #38 of 71

I got my share of exercices for the day... the belt in the snowblower broke this morning so we opened the driveway (about 100') by hands, even the 2'+ packed snow left by the plower. And now, after this 1' of wet snow, we get freezing rain!Cuss.gif

 

Enough!!!

 

 

I'm craving French Onion soup so bad! Think this is the hardest part of being Gluten free: no crusty bread with my soup.

post #39 of 71
Thread Starter 

That is definitely enough exercise, Val!  I am all done with snow shoveling this winter, too.  We have literally worn the metal scraper on our shovel down, like it was filed on a lathe, with all the shoveling this winter.  I should take a picture.  

 

All you lovely ladies - I am so happy for your successes.  Please  keep posting!  I need the inspiration!

 

You need a little exercise trampoline, if not for yourself, then for your son, aweyn.  Nothing better for those days when they are bouncing off the walls and outside time is not possible due to weather than to redirect to the trampoline.  Mine broke a while back, but it got good use.  If I come across another one at a good price during garage sale seaso, I am absolutely going to pick it up.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

shall we make a promise to make this thread a tad more active, even if we're not being active? inject some energy in that direction? 

biggrinbounce.gif


Yeah, I'm totally up for that.  I have given up some of my online timewasters -- I used to say "for Lent" and now I say "for Treasure Map prep" lol.gif  But participating in this thread will help me get on with stuff I need to do for my own health and happiness, so I will try to be here daily for a while.

 

No serious crisis, FR!  Just little ones - head lice and extra cleaning mostly.  I have been in the red tent for about 10 days now, too, and, while I can see taking a couple days off exercise during heavy flow days, *10 days and counting* is *too long* for a break.  (Yes, aweyn, experimenting with cell salts :-)

 

Today, so far, I have eaten 1.5 bananas, 10 cashews, 3 cups tea with raw milk and stevia, crockpot stew beef in broth and a couple cups of parsnips roasted with olive oil.  ETA another bowl of brown rice, parsnips stew beef and broth for dinner.  And a cup of herbal tea with splenda at the library cafe (bad me.  I should carry stevia with me).

 

I am making a vegetable borscht for tomorrow - which I will end up eating most of because the kids will be suspicious of it.  They can fill up on toast and milk.

 

 

I make borscht about  once a year, trying different recipes.  I end up eating almost all of it - no one else in my life is a fan of beets.  

 

 

 

 

 


Edited by Aubergine68 - 3/10/11 at 6:44pm
post #40 of 71
Quote:
Originally Posted by aweynsayl View Post

LM, see, isnt that interesting? i can not stand sugar in the summer. really, i'm so used to not liking it, it's odd for me to seek it out, let alone obsessively, which i found myself doing when it was frigid. if it was light, i could almost understand, and would think it was pituitary-linked somehow. but cold? i just dont know. i almost want to go look at my cell salts and see if i can find anything that makes sense with people who are sensitive to cold, and which salts are indicated for that. are you super sensitive to cold? do you get aches and stuff? i know i do. i'll poke around and see if i can figure anything out...... 



 

i am very sensitive to the cold. even if i just stickmy hand in something cold i wil lhurt all the way to my shoulders. the cold hurts. i just thought it was my fibro.

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fitness and Weight Management
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Fitness and Weight Management › Witchy Weight Loss and Support:, Imbolc to Beltane: Spring is coming!