post #1 of 1
Thread Starter 

Each year, I get Turbo Tax Home and Business since I do freelance graphic design.  At first, I though I had to get that version since I do contract work and need to fill out a schedule C, however, now it appears that TurboTax has all of the forms in each version, and the other versions just offer "guidance" on additional areas. 


So my question is: Would a cheaper version of TurboTax serve me just as well?   I don't pay anyone else, and I don't need to send out 1099-misc or any other forms to anyone.  Our income is simple, we take the standard deduction, there is my husband's full time income, my freelance income, income from a few mutual funds, and the only business expenses that I write off are minor office supplies (like ink), phone, and internet.