I gave birth to DS after 30 hours of med free labor and pushing before being taking in for the c/s. He was 10lbs and I pushed for 4 hours. DH said several people had to come in and get leverage to push DS1 back out of my pelvis. I remember rocking side to side on the table as they were trying to get him out.
I am 34 weeks pg with DD. Fro several reasons, I want a vaginal birth. I tolerated pain well with DS, but the pushing was excruciating. I have past trauma and did not even like the nursing checking my dilation. I am wondering what the most wise decision would be, and if that would include pain medication.
Does anyone have information on what might be "better" safety-wise as far as pain management is concerned? Specifically, something that compares epidurals vs. IV drugs, and what the differences are between the IV drugs?
As much as I want a med-free birth, I want even more that she be born vaginally, and I am coming to terms with and accepting that epidurals or IV meds might make that possible.
Any thoughts or information? Thank you very much in advance!