or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

20 wks u/s today!

post #1 of 10
Thread Starter 

Actually it was 19wk 4days, but close enough.  All looked good, baby still has some chroinic plexus cysts and an echo on the heart, but it doesn't sound like that's anything to worry about, just a variation of normal.  Baby measured at 11oz and the size looked great, hands, feet, face, and cord insertion were perfect, so it all puts my mind at ease:)  Oh yeah and he's a boy!  This is our 3rd boy in a row, my oldest son was very happy, but the girls were bummed as they really wanted another sister.  Now I'm working on getting dh to agree to the name Gabriel Henry, which I have fallen in love with.  Anyone have ideas on how to convince him?

post #2 of 10

Congratulations! I think its a great name. We thought of using it many years ago, but its time has passed in our household. Henry is a good middle name with it too.

post #3 of 10
Congratulations! smile.gif

Is your DH against the name, or have you started working on him about it yet? I'd be tempted to just start referring to the baby by that name and let DH get used to it, but I'm pushy that way orngbiggrin.gif I guess otherwise, just ask him what it is he doesn't like about the name and see if you can put his concerns to rest?

I do love the name Gabriel, it's on my boy name list as well smile.gif
post #4 of 10
Thread Starter 


Ha ha ha!  I guess I'm pushy that way too, I've started calling babe Gabriel and all the kids have to.  I did that after he said he didn't care what I name the baby.  I know he doesn't mean that though.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

Congratulations! smile.gif

Is your DH against the name, or have you started working on him about it yet? I'd be tempted to just start referring to the baby by that name and let DH get used to it, but I'm pushy that way orngbiggrin.gif I guess otherwise, just ask him what it is he doesn't like about the name and see if you can put his concerns to rest?

I do love the name Gabriel, it's on my boy name list as well smile.gif
post #5 of 10

oh! I should have read this before I posted! My u/s came back with CPC's too - this is the first time I've ever heard of them! In a way, it's a little relieving to hear of someone else with the same thing!
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaw/two View Post

Actually it was 19wk 4days, but close enough.  All looked good, baby still has some chroinic plexus cysts and an echo on the heart, but it doesn't sound like that's anything to worry about, just a variation of normal.  Baby measured at 11oz and the size looked great, hands, feet, face, and cord insertion were perfect, so it all puts my mind at ease:)  Oh yeah and he's a boy!  This is our 3rd boy in a row, my oldest son was very happy, but the girls were bummed as they really wanted another sister.  Now I'm working on getting dh to agree to the name Gabriel Henry, which I have fallen in love with.  Anyone have ideas on how to convince him?

post #6 of 10

Does he have anything specific against the name, or just doesn't like it?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaw/two View Post


Ha ha ha!  I guess I'm pushy that way too, I've started calling babe Gabriel and all the kids have to.  I did that after he said he didn't care what I name the baby.  I know he doesn't mean that though.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

Congratulations! smile.gif

Is your DH against the name, or have you started working on him about it yet? I'd be tempted to just start referring to the baby by that name and let DH get used to it, but I'm pushy that way orngbiggrin.gif I guess otherwise, just ask him what it is he doesn't like about the name and see if you can put his concerns to rest?

I do love the name Gabriel, it's on my boy name list as well smile.gif

 
post #7 of 10
Thread Starter 


All he says is that he doesn't really care for it.  When I made up a list of names originally, it was the name he liked best on the list, so I thought it would probably work.  Now he just flat out refuses to discuss names at all and he won't look at the baby name book to show me any names he likes.  I made up another list of names a few days ago and he refuses to look at them as well.  I'm really at a loss as to what to do...
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenofsimple View Post

Does he have anything specific against the name, or just doesn't like it?
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaw/two View Post


Ha ha ha!  I guess I'm pushy that way too, I've started calling babe Gabriel and all the kids have to.  I did that after he said he didn't care what I name the baby.  I know he doesn't mean that though.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by LivingSky View Post

Congratulations! smile.gif

Is your DH against the name, or have you started working on him about it yet? I'd be tempted to just start referring to the baby by that name and let DH get used to it, but I'm pushy that way orngbiggrin.gif I guess otherwise, just ask him what it is he doesn't like about the name and see if you can put his concerns to rest?

I do love the name Gabriel, it's on my boy name list as well smile.gif

 

 
post #8 of 10

Congrats!  I really like that name. 

post #9 of 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mamaw/two View Post


All he says is that he doesn't really care for it.  When I made up a list of names originally, it was the name he liked best on the list, so I thought it would probably work.  Now he just flat out refuses to discuss names at all and he won't look at the baby name book to show me any names he likes.  I made up another list of names a few days ago and he refuses to look at them as well.  I'm really at a loss as to what to do...


I like the name Gabriel too! The way your husband is actually quite amusing..  ROTFLMAO.gif I wouldn't worry too much about it - he will come around.

post #10 of 10

Your husband sounds like mine! Gabriel is a great name, congrats!

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: July 2011