or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

The baby name thread! - Page 3

post #41 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherMomma View Post

I see a couple of you both have Violet and Beatrice on your short list...I already have a Violet Jayne, and I'd love a Beatrice this time around...they must go together well!  Others I like: Eliza Mae, Victoria, Lara

 

As for boys, maybe Gideon or Gabriel, unless my 3 year old son names him, in which case it would be Thomas, or Percy, or James, or Gordon, or Sir Topham Hatt. 

 

Helen

Haha!  One of those would be our baby's name too if my youngest son had a choice.  (The Thomas the Train names that is)  :)
 

post #42 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by TeacherMomma View Post

We don't tell people that we know...frankly, we don't want their opinions!  Once the baby is born and named, they are much less likely to share those opinions.

 

However, I do share online, since it is fun! 


This is us, exactly.  We don't tell a soul IRL because we don't want opinions.  But online, I like to toss them around.

post #43 of 121

I love picking out names...I had my oldests name picked out since 7th grade! I like them to be unique..as in no one has heard them before. all 4 of my kids names start with  the letters "JA". I really didn't want that to happen and I want to stray from the JA now but this child will already be different (a different race and no father present) so I'm not sure if I should stray from my naming pattern. I remember a lady talking about how her and her sisters used to tease their younger sister that she was not really part of the family because their names all started with the letter K and hers didn't :( So I'm not sure what I will do..I do have a JA girls name I really like but the boys name I like starts with a T. Oh well I have plenty of time to figure it out right?

post #44 of 121

Okay, the list I posted earlier in this thread is no longer valid. LOL! We just went over it again and dh vetoed all of the boy names except Connor, claiming he doesn't remember agreeing to them lol.gif We have now added Kai, Kieran, Kaden and Derrick to our boy list and Serenity, Kierra and Charlie to our girl list.

post #45 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by StephandOwen View Post

Okay, the list I posted earlier in this thread is no longer valid. LOL! We just went over it again and dh vetoed all of the boy names except Connor, claiming he doesn't remember agreeing to them lol.gif We have now added Kai, Kieran, Kaden and Derrick to our boy list and Serenity, Kierra and Charlie to our girl list.



My list was similar to yours for baby #1

 

Baby #1 was easy to pick names out. Within a month i had top 3 for boy and girl. We had Kaden (Ended up with Kayden) and Cassiddy Skyy for the top

I can't remember a girl for Baby #2, but boy was Kaleb Zayne (Wanted to keep the K, as they are my favv, and Y as I like them too, and big brother has a y too)

Baby #3- Not too many names picked out. We've thrown a few out, but I"m not in a rush for a name. Every week baby's name is whatever size we see the baby refered to. Last week it was "Sprinkle" this week it's tic tac haha.

 

We do like for girls- Genevive and Kaylee (Love isn't too keen on 3 kids with K's as a first letter :-( ) I think that's all for no. No boy names have popped up at all. (Maybe its's a sign that we will have a girl!?!..... maybe.......)

post #46 of 121

What do you think of the name Everly for a girl? I can't decide if I like it or not.

post #47 of 121
Thread Starter 

I like it, and I'm not normally in favor of using last names as a girl's first name. There is something unusual and very cheerful about it.

post #48 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguintattoo View Post

What do you think of the name Everly for a girl? I can't decide if I like it or not.



I like it! My only concern might be if people think they aren't hearing a "B" at the beginning and think her name is really "Beverly". But that wouldn't stop me from using it!

post #49 of 121

Thanks I think I like it better than Presley, especially since our last name starts with P.  Now I just have to wait 14 more weeks to find out if its a boy or girl:-)

post #50 of 121

So, I have a new front-runner for a girl - Calliope. LOVE it.

post #51 of 121

We have two definite names for a girl:

 

Eden Elizabeth or Eden Teresa

Caroline Mira (After both of our mothers- Caroline and Mary) But we would call her Callie.

 

Not sure which one we will go with if we have a girl. I think it will be a "wait and see which fits her better"

 

For a boy, we're having a harder time. DH is in LOVE with Harrison Mitchell while I am on the fence between Asher Daniel or Aamon Daniel.

 

Any thoughts?

post #52 of 121
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolian View Post

So, I have a new front-runner for a girl - Calliope. LOVE it.



Ditto!! If DH was in favor of it, it would be high on my short list! He nixed it, unfortunately. irked.gif

post #53 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by Snugglebugmom View Post



Quote:
Originally Posted by nicolian View Post

So, I have a new front-runner for a girl - Calliope. LOVE it.



Ditto!! If DH was in favor of it, it would be high on my short list! He nixed it, unfortunately. irked.gif

Oh bummer. I haven't even asked DH's opinion on it. Just told him I love it. lol! I'm awful.
 

post #54 of 121
penguintattoo: Everly as in Everly Brothers? smile.gif Sounds lovely to me.
post #55 of 121
Thread Starter 
Quote:

Oh bummer. I haven't even asked DH's opinion on it. Just told him I love it. lol! I'm awful.
 



duh.gif That's what I should have done with both names I love. lol.gif

post #56 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by hjdmom24 View Post

I love picking out names...I had my oldests name picked out since 7th grade! I like them to be unique..as in no one has heard them before. all 4 of my kids names start with  the letters "JA". I really didn't want that to happen and I want to stray from the JA now but this child will already be different (a different race and no father present) so I'm not sure if I should stray from my naming pattern. I remember a lady talking about how her and her sisters used to tease their younger sister that she was not really part of the family because their names all started with the letter K and hers didn't :( So I'm not sure what I will do..I do have a JA girls name I really like but the boys name I like starts with a T. Oh well I have plenty of time to figure it out right?



In my family we had 3 girls...Helen, Hannah and Heather.  Then my parents wanted to name our little brother Daniel.  We convinced them that if he was the youngest, the only boy and the only non-H name he wouldn't feel like part of the family, so he is Hans :)

post #57 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by penguintattoo View Post

What do you think of the name Everly for a girl? I can't decide if I like it or not.



I SO love this name!!! I would use it if it wasn't close to our other child's name. 

 

 

DH and I have agreed on one name only= Carly. So weird for us to agree on a semi-popular name! Hmmmm, I don't even think we'll end up using it in the end. I'm pretty sure I'm having a boy!!!

post #58 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by MamaBrown View Post


For a boy, we're having a harder time. DH is in LOVE with Harrison Mitchell while I am on the fence between Asher Daniel or Aamon Daniel.

 

Any thoughts?


I love Harrison Mitchell. Or Mitchell Harrison. I love Daniel, too. But the boy "A" names are overdone right now as a fallout from so many Aidens we all know.

post #59 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by akind1 View Post


For a boy: Theodore . . .(My dad is Ted, not short for anything so this honors him without being an exact duplicate) but we would call him Theo. Middle names up for grabs are Edward or Lewis. I prefer Lews. DS is Gabriel Lucas, and Iike continuing the "L" theme for middle names, and it honors my grandfather. DS prefers Edward, it honors his grandfather. it would also honor my grandfather - he was Lewis Edward - but I just really like Lewis better. I don't like Edward AT ALL.


Theodore Lewis sounds like a winner to me. You could call him Theo or Teddy.

post #60 of 121
Ted is also a nickname for Edward. Something to think about if you are considering Theodore Edward.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: October 2011