After ordering, trying on, and returning many pairs of inexpensive boots, I've realized that I need to invest a higher quality pair. The problem is the price tag. I have never ever spent more than $100 on a pair of boots. But trying to match my needs list to what's out there, I keep hitting on UGG boots.
Here's my want/need list --
- Most important -- I have Fibromyalgia and a bad right knee which has me using a cane more frequently these days. So I need a supportive boot.
- Size 12
- Good ankle support
- Calf height or taller (I'm 6 feet tall and all legs)
- Low, but full-width heel for stabilization
- I'd like to be able to wear them over skinny jeans and under boot cut jeans.
- A simple 'goes with anything' style and color would be ideal since I'd only be getting one pair.
Right now I am wearing sneakers everyday. These. They are the most comfortable ones I've ever owned. I could get another pair of them. But to be honest, I am tired of giving up style for comfort. I want to be able to dress a little more cute. But I can't wear skirts with running shoes and look 'put together'. KWIM?
I have credit to Zappos thanks to my returns, so I am shopping there. Here's what I've found so far that I like. What do you think?
UGG Jillian (only one left in my size)
UGG Broome II (also only 1 left)
Should I get any of those? The prices have me , but I can do it if I apply my credit and I only get one pair instead of the two I was hoping to get. I am also open to any other suggestions of boots. Like I said, left on my own, I've completely struck out. So I need shopping help!