My dd is 5. She has issues that are yet undiagnosed. She has anxiety and sensory issues.
We do PCIT and her developmental pediatrician and therapist says I'm doing everything perfectly. We did OT from 2 years to 3.5 years. She was in Speech therapy from 10 months until over 2 years.
- Delayed speech- Didn't utter a sound until she was over 2. No babbling, cooing or laughing out loud.
- Horrible sleeper- She goes down at 8pm with a nature sounds lullaby CD and tosses and turns until at least 11pm every night. Last week it was 4:45am the last time she came in our room, I gave up and out her in bed with me.
- Painfully shy- doesn't like people talking to her or commenting on her outfit or hair bows.
- At preschool last year she didn't talk to anyone, kids or teachers and wouldn't participate in circle time. This year is better.
- Tantrums- If she doesn't get her way or you tell her no she throws huge tantrums. She hits and kicks and is very destructive. She has no control when she has the tantrums, there is no reasoning with her. It is almost like she isn't in there. It is pure rage. She screams like she is possessed. These fits are set off by me asking her to pick up her shoes or coat. She has chores as does everyone in our family and she would rather throw a huge hours long tantrum than do them. She began this when she was 1yo.
- Scared of loud noises- sweeper, firetruck, etc.
- Scared of irrational things- the current one is running out of gas.
- Has no currency as far as incentives and treats or loosing items that are special to her.
- Horrific birth- she and I both are lucky to be alive. Her developmental pediatrician attributes some of her issues to her birth and not being able to bond with me for a while afterwards as I was in a coma.
We go back to her developmental pediatrician on Friday. I am losing my marbles dealing with her.
Thanks for any and all advice.