We are seeking a community to establish roots in and to raise a socially aware, nature oriented, holistic family. We currently live in MA along the rte 95 belt, near Blue Hills Reservation but would like to find a more connected community of like-minded individuals. I used to live in VT, before I was married and enjoyed the natural living concepts, CSA’s, community activities, etc. I love skiing, although VT is a little on the cold side for me now and the winters are a bit too long, i’m sad to say.
We now live in MA for job reasons, although could move for the right setting.
1. MA areas we would consider are: Princeton – near wachusett Mt. or surrounding areas or the Stow area (love lake boon).
2. We would also consider parts of VA (my inlaws live in Charlottesville), although we like Williamstown area
3. We would also consider parts NC but not sure where? We love the ocean and lake settings. Like Ashville.
4. Also like Salt Lake City UT...
Most importantly, we are seeking a family friendly town/community with:
1. actitvities for families
2. midwives/chiropractic care/naturopathic docs/homeopathic/holistic health oriented/family pract non-vax friendly.
3. Birth network/breast feeding friendly beyond 1 year, baby wearing friendly, co-sleeping friendly
4. Options for organic, CSA
5. Non-traditional schooling options with outdoor/nature/exercise focus – likely private setting (NOT homeschooling, just to clarify)
6. Community values mutal respect, social responsibility and collaborative approach to community projects
7. Offers natural food options, farm stands, etc.
I am new to the mothering website, in fact, this is my first post, please advise if I posted this in the wrong content area.
Do you think I should also post in other states mentioned above?
Thanks for your help!!