Which Balance bike did your 2 yr old enjoy. I'm trying to decide between the Kazam Balance Bike and the Strider Balance Bike. I really like the foot rest on the Kazam ,but wonder if it will be too big for a 2 yr old. It looks like it is recommended for ages 3 -5?? Thanks for your help!
Related Forum Threads
- Birthday present, 2nd birthday girl... Last post on 12/29/12 at 10:38am in Toddlers
- How safe does our bike setup need to be? How can I make it safest? Last post on 11/29/12 at 9:49pm in Family Safety
- Strider bikes rock for little one's! Last post on 11/9/12 at 1:49pm in Parenting
- Win a STRIDER bike! Last post on 11/13/12 at 8:05pm in Parenting
- Balance bikes for toddlers Last post on 5/16/13 at 5:02am in Toddlers
STRIDER bikes: Our community puts them to the test
Edited on 11/28/12
Balance Bikes ~ Which one for 2 yr old?
We have a kazam and depending on how big your little one is, it is probably too big.
But we are shorties... my 15 month old is obsessed with it (he loves anything with wheels) but can't ride it independently. But then again he is only 15 months and on the short side.
We got DD a Strider for her 2nd birthday. On its lowest seat adjustment setting it fits her without issue, although she is fairly tall. She was not really into it this autumn, to be honest. I'm looking forward to trying it again in the spring.
When I got DS's strider a little over a year ago, it was the lowest possible rise of many I checked out. It adjusts up pretty high too.
I don't know anything about the Kazam, but we really like the strider. Both my then 2yo and now almost 5yo love it.
We just gave DS a Haro run bike for his second birthday in January (my husband is a bike freak, so he chose it...I guess Haro is a BMX company?). It's actually a tiny bit closer to the ground than a Strider, just an inch. Anyway, DS loves it and is happily puttering around the house on it, waiting for the snow and ice to go away. It has a really low seat height, but can adjust up to like, a 5 year old size, so we hope he'll be able to use it for a long long time. The tires are made of a non-marking material, and that's really what made the Haro beat the Strider for us, considering he's going to be using it inside for about 3-4 more months til the snow is gone (we live in Upper Michigan). So far, it's been well worth the money we had to scrape and save to get it for him...he gets a lot of pleasure from it and declares as he's riding around, "Hen-wee doin' GREAT on da bike!"
Thanks for the responses. Once your lo is able to lift feet up easily do they have the issue of where to put their feet? That is the only down side I see to the strider. Haurelia, I'll have to look into the Haro as I'm sure it will also get lots of inside use. Did you read other brands would mark the floor up alot?
My kids put their feet up on the bar that goes from the middle to the back wheel. I don't know if you can visualize that, but they do have somewhere to put their feet. Or they stick them out into the air. Or they use their feet as brakes on the tire... :)
- Balance Bikes ~ Which one for 2 yr old?
- › A Saner TTC-The Pink Moon 4 minutes ago
- › What are you craving? 6 minutes ago
- › What would you recommend to a mom CD'ing for the first time? 13 minutes ago
- › I'm only how far along?! 13 minutes ago
- › The unspoken world of cosleeping 17 minutes ago
- › May Chat Thread! 18 minutes ago
- › Laramie Doulas 19 minutes ago
- › What would You do? 35 minutes ago
- › Frequent Night Waking 36 minutes ago
- › What would you do if you saw kids left in a car? 37 minutes ago
- › Trillium Organics OGmama Belly Butter by trilliumama
- › Gaiam Wrap Waist Yoga Pants by Melanie Mayo
- › Ina May's Guide to Childbirth by dayiscoming2006
- › Charlie Banana Reusable Feminine Pads Liner Butterfly, Butterfly by Chapsie
- › Earth Mama-Angel Baby Earth Mama Bottom Balm, 2 fl oz (60 ml) by Chapsie
- › Econobum Individual by Chapsie
- › EnJoye LBI Deluxe Tote Set - Brown by JennaRose
- › Lusa Organics Booty Balm by emkassu
- › I Took the Moon for a Walk by Melanie Mayo
- › BabyKicks Premium Pocket Diaper by KirstenP
- › Buying Pot for my 11-Year-Old by momofnatasha
- › Making the Grade by Melanie Mayo
- › Homeopathy -- A Lifesaver For Your Summer... by Melanie Mayo
- › Relax. Parenting Is Supposed to Be Messy,... by Brian Leaf
- › Managing Mom Stress: Sharing Tips and Trying... by Melanie Mayo
- › Who Wants to Sleep Alone? by Cynthia Mosher
- › Should I Train My Child....Like a Dog?! by Sarah Clark
- › Mothering Articles by Melanie Mayo
- › Terms and Conditions - Sustainability Oak... by JenniO11
- › Terms and Conditions - Mothering... by JenniO11