so here is the story, every once in a while my DH breaks out with hives on his face and chest and back after drinking. right off the bat this would sound like an allergy. what confuses me though is its only sometimes ( 8 times in 5 years) and it can be different drinks, its happened from rum, gin , beer, malt beverages, i cant find a common drink that causes it. He doesnt have to drink a lot either, it happened last night and he had 2 beers in 2 hrs. It confuses me because wouldnt it happen every time he drinks if it was an allergy, or always happen when he drinks that specific drink? he drinks beer ofter ( he is not a huge drinker, probably averages 2 drinks 5 days a week give or take one .
i looked online about alcohol allergies and they said that it very rare because our bodies make alcohol. one article i read said it could be an underlying ilness, but the only ones i have seen mentioned are hep b ( he 100 % doesnt have that) and lupus, but i dont think thats the case, he has always had a very strong immune system and has been very healthy. I DONT NO WHY THIS HAPPENS, IT MAKES NO SENSE!!!
THe food he eats when it happens too is totally inconsistant as well, the only thing that is consistant is it happens after he has drank alcohol.
Please please please share some thoughts!