Hello there. I'm new here and very curious what other women would do in my situation.
My first child was an emergency C section at 24 1/2 weeks, that was extremely unnecessary and (i'll spare you all the details) inhumane.
That C section ended in a T cut incision. I was 18 at the time.
My next child was 12 months later, c section also because of the recent t cut. (This was a bikini cut incision)
My third child was a c section, 19 months after the 2nd one. (also bikini cut incision)
I am now 25 years old, and it has been 4 years since i've given birth. My mate and I have decided to begin getting pregnant again. I would really like to have a VBAC and I know I could do it. My main issue in this is the fact that i'm SURE I cannot find a doctor willing to allow me to do this. Allow is the key word here. Vanderbilt University hospital is very close to my house and is where I will be going. They have awesome doctors who are competent enough to handle any uterine ruptures or any other complications which may arise.
This brings me to my questions. If I cannot find a doctor willing to allow me to do this VBAC , what will happen if I refuse to consent for a c section and insist on a natural birth? Will they have to let me? I am not going to use any labor inducers. I usually go into labor at around 36 weeks and have babies under 7 lbs. So I know that makes my chances of rupture go down.
I just basically want to know, in you ladies' experience, what will happen when I refuse to consent to a c section. can they kick me out of the hospital?
how long does one have after rupture before death of baby and mother? is there any website where I can find research on cases like mine?
Thanks ahead of time for your answers.