5.5 weeks pregnant with #1. Approx due date: Oct 13.
I'm having major difficulty with my doctor, on an almost moral level and trying to figure out what to do. When I did my first two betas, they were low and didn't double (from 26 to a 32). But then my next two betas did double (72 and then a 213). At that point, I was so incredibly stressed out from the betas and waiting (it takes my doc about 1 day to return test results) that I decided not to do anymore betas. My doc wanted to continue to do betas to "try determine if the pregnancy is ectopic."
So once I explained today that I wasn't going to do anymore betas, they kind of shoved me over to a regular OB/GYN (I'm currently in the fertility practice of this large HMO). They seemingly do not do the first ultrasound until 8 weeks.
So then I push back on my fertility clinic office and they say, "Oh, well, we'll see you at 6.5 weeks" which is next week.
I took the appointment but I'm stressing out again. Part of me worries that they will find something bad in the ultrasound but I'll be in a quandry because I'll feel like it's still too early to tell anything.
So question for you guys, when did you (or do you have scheduled) your first u/s and how far along are you? AND, did you do any sort of regular beta test or was your doctor concerned about an ectopic pregnancy for you?