Wow... when you say it in weeks (as in 11 or 12 weeks... !!!!) it sounds like it's happening tomorrow! I think my head just exploded. My list would start with:
- Finding a place to live! well... this is still kinda temporary, but less so than the last place, and it's fine for everyone if we're still here when Baby arrives
But since we just moved here... but I can't even think past that right now!
A list might help me reassemble my head though... :)
ETA: Ok... now I think I can get serious. It's a long, scary thing to look at though...
- Move in / unpack / sort through everything that's been in storage for the past year This isn't going to happen - even if we move. Again.
- Craigslist / garage sale / thrift store scouring for things we need around the house (like furniture and some appliances) (especially a happy rocking chair!)
- Hopefully find the ambition, time and energy to have a garage sale ourselves Not so much, either!
- Attempt to establish a routine and loose schedule for homeschool - we need to play catch up for awhile The "attempt" part has definitely been made, & we're doing *something* every day, which just helps us all mentally if in no other way.
- Choose which "option" for homeschooling we're going to use, then find the right association for us (still seeking info - & waiting to hear back) Getting frustrated with this...
- Really hope to attend homeschool convention happening here next month - I've never gone to one! And we need a few things. Sadly, this isn't going to happen.
- Get serious about meal planning - it's the only way we're going to survive with DH on the road and me pg Definitely doing better with this, & it's good prep for the next task:
- Then get serious about freezer / Once a Week cooking (not quite ready for Once a Month!)
- And then using those plans as a guide, stock kitchen and pantry Close enough
- Plan some kind of garden-ish situation - can't stand to skip a whole year - at least some container tomatoes and zucchini? Unless we find a place & move SOON.. this just isn't happening either. :(
- Figure out a back-up plan for UC if DH isn't going to make it home Yay for a solution!
- Mom will be coming out whether she's invited to the birth or not, so figure out when / how long
- Assemble an "if we transfer" bag, including info for whomever is my advocate in that situation for how we hope to handle different scenarios Changing this to
- Pack a bag to take to the birth center IF we go, & that should cover IF we transfer, other than that, it will help with having things in one place and ready to use
- I'd actually like to tour whatever hospital I would be transferring to - I knew them all back home, but I've never stepped foot in any of them around here I'm scheduled for a tour... but had to reschedule since the kids were sick - good news is DH might actually be able to come with me on this one due to date changes! Finally did this, but dh wasn't there
- Finish reading some books, start reading others
- Get a pool & tarp or two to put under it, proper hose & attachment kit, small pump & a bucket, small net for "debris"
- Do a trial run flushing the hot water tank, filling the pool, see how long it takes to boil a big pan of water down here at practically sea level
- Old linens to prep the bed, build a nest wherever with
- Assemble or purchase a birth kit to suit our needs - which is a whole 'nother list in itself!
- I'd really like some herbal bath/soaks this time
- definitely need some better scissors
- etc, etc, etc
Everything in green is IF we stay home and go UC.... I'm not going to know until the last minute if that's happening or not - it will depend on whether dh is home or likely to be, so I'm up in the air on it. I probably won't order any of it until late April or early May if at all... We're still hoping to move, and you know... location location location
- Collect stuff I'll want handy for comfort / aesthetics during labor / snacks
- Talk to gf about which natural fiber yarns would be good for me to crochet a newborn hat or two I love this idea, but I found all the kids' hats, so I'm letting it go... :/
- Get all ambitious and try to crochet a saque set & afghan for this fall I should "get all real" instead - maybe sometime this summer?
- Dream of the day when I figure out knitting
- Have fun in DC this weekend!
- Plan our Cherry Blossom Festival trip for whenever next month! Sadly, after all the fun had last wknd, I'm realizing another trip is likely a bad call... :(
- Keep up- with the daily walks! *choke* I have GOT to get back on this train now that my feet have recovered from DC. Doing pretty good with this on the dry days
- Go to Babywearers meeting and get some better info, meet some local moms Great meeting! And seeing things demonstrated live really makes a difference for me
- Go to LLL meeting, mostly to meet moms but also to establish some connections in case of issues Kids were sick this month, so now I'm waiting on next month...
We have almost *no* baby gear anymore, so....
- Guess I should start some kind of registry somewhere
- Sort through the remaining baby things we still have from DD and DS Maybe 1/3 of the way through this? And feeling like we need more space.
- decide what's worth keeping (& safe to use) & separate out the newborn / small sizes / toys
- wash or sanitize what works
- evaluate what we need to fill in with clothing I think we're good - just need to wash everything now
- Choose and install a car seat - really going back & forth with whether or not to get an infant carrier this time Definitely getting an infant seat - now I just need to buy & install
- Settle on some babywearing mechanism(s) Starting with a Moby style wrap, & we'll build from there
- Make some wipes (or call my mama to do that for me, more likely!) Mom is on the job! :)
- Thank God again for my gf that sent me her newborn/small diapers!
- Get / ask Mom to make a couple more diaper covers - see if I can't get her to sew some soakers from old sweaters or whip up some longies Yay Mom! And she's making a diaper bag for me as well.
- Set up a diaper pail / get and install a diaper sprayer / set up a changing station
- Need a wet bag!! Yay Mom!
- Decide exactly how we're going to handle co-sleeping - maybe get a baby bed of some sort, maybe get ourselves a larger mattress
- Figure out which breast pump would work for me Finally have one in mind, after gathering advice and info
- Get some bottles to have on hand in case that becomes necessary & so dh and older dc will eventually get to feed
- Going to need somewhere for baby to chill when I'm not wearing him/her.. not sure which option to go with yet (bouncy seat? swing? ?)
- Keep talking about names - hope one comes to us before we fill in the paperwork
- Find "my breast friend". I know we have it somewhere... I love that thing! Boppy's just don't stay where I need them to be
Hopefully posting this all publicly will keep me focused and motivated! Weeks.. can't believe we're really down to weeks! Remember when we were all counting the days to being 12 weeks pg instead of having 12 weeks (or less!) left til birthdays?!
Edited by lizzie - 4/22/11 at 8:20am