I am new to the mercury discussion so please bear with me if these have been discussed before. I used to have four fillings in my mouth when pregnant with my son. He was born with food sensitivity (gluten, dairy, and corn) but no behavioral issues. Now I am wondering, are the food sensitivities related to the mercury exposure?
Unfortunately because I didn't know any better, when he was six months old and nursing I removed two of the mercury filling BY A REGULAR DENTIST :( I didn't have a choice to remove them, one of the pieces fell off but I should have gone to a holistic dentist. Fortunately I did not see a reaction in myself or my child. When he was about fourteen months another one broke. This time I knew better and went to a holistic dentist, he removed it as one chunk without drilling into it and told me I would not be exposed to any extra mercury (another holistic dentist confirmed this). Is this true? The reason I am asking is because I now need to remove the fourth one (you guessed it, a piece of my tooth broke). I got all of these when I was 11 and I guess they are wearing out. The dentist told me he can get it out in one chunk, is it safe to do so and still nurse? If I do it, how soon after wards can I get pregnant (we are trying now).
Another question, due to the food sensitivities my son now has a leaky gut syndrome. I am considering getting water grain kefir to help with his digestion. Will this kill too much bad bacteria in his stomach and cause the mercury that he got from me to mobalize and go to his other organs? Is this safe for me to take while nursing for the same reason? Also, I am giving him and myself green coconut milk smoothies every other day, is it safe for us to have this much coconut due to the same reason as above? Is there anything else that we should or should not be doing? I really appreciate any help, I am feeling very overwhelmed. I feel like I could be causing more harm when I am trying to fix things.