Glad to hear that everyone is doing well (health-wise) and that heartbeats are strong, and U/Ss are good!
Starlit - that's such a tough decision ... do you have to decide right away, or can you sleep on it a while?
Abbey - I know exactly how you feel about not reaching out. We actually waited until we told people outside of our immediate family, until I was 12 weeks along (and I was really obviously pregnant by then!) because it really took us (well - me, if I'm really honest!) to become really comfortable with telling people, and being able to be positive in the face of any possible negative reactions. Just last night I met up with an acquantance who has 4 year old twins, who I knew had a similar parenting style to me ... and she was just great. Gave me some wonderful advice, and helped make me feel as though I have someone really positive to turn to!
A couple of weeks ago, I posted about my Insurance company woes ... they had declined our request to go out-of-network for the delivery (we had wanted to have a home birth with midwives). Going out of pocket was just proving to be waaaaay too expensive for us at this stage ($6000!!!) and every midwife I talked to kept telling me that if I went back to my Insurance company's Obstetrician, I could absolutely guarantee that I would be a c-section.
So, I decided that while we're still trying to decide what to do, that I would stay under my Ins. Co's care, and I went back to the Obstetrician, and had my first prenatal visit with him this morning. I asked him about birthing options, and when I talked to him about the possibilty of having a vaginal birth, he told me that he would LOVE to deliver my twins naturally, that it was a dying art (his words!). Needless, to say I'm feeling pretty happy that he isn't immediately jumping to the c-section option! Now to find an amazing doula ... :-)
Sorry for the essay ... it's good to share with such a wonderful community of mamas