In my closet I have a lot of very nice, very expensive and stylish outfits, suits, skirts and heels from:
1) my previous career life right before I became a mama (had a lot of nice suits and outfits)
2) my previous single attractive gal life before I became a mama (had good looking tops, skirts, heels, etc)
Now I'm a stay-at-home mama of a newborn and a young toddler. I am neither a professional who dresses the part, nor do I feel in any way attractive (or practical) enough to dress in life blouses, skirts, and heels (just how am I doing to haul my infant & young toddler out to the park from a second floor apartment in heels and skirt anyways?!)
My closet is full of way-too-nice clothes for the spit up and mess my 2 boys make all day long. My mama close are simply cotton t-shirts and sweat pants, which I wear all the time. Here is my dilemma: what do I do with all the nice & expensive clothes from my previous lifestyle? I can't see myself getting rid of them. I really liked many of those clothes (and still do), but I just don't know when to wear them. By the way I thought I could keep some of the nice clothes for going out with husband but we haven't gone out on a single date since baby#1. What are your suggestions?
The reasons it's so hard for me to get rid of them are:
1) I spent a lot of money on them, would hate to just get rid of them
2) and I actually liked them (and still do)
3) certain peices my husband really likes them (or likes me in them), certain clothes bring sweet memories when he sees me in them & bring good memories for me too, from not that long ago actually. I'd like to keep them even just to wear them because he likes them but I don't ever get the chance.
4) sometimes I think, just because I'm a mama doesn't mean I need to dress crappy (like I currently do). I can still dress nicely and attractively, couldn't I? I do want to be an attractive mama still. Well, then I already have the clothes to dress nicely and attractively. But every morning I wake up I put on t-shirt and sweat pants and off I run.
5) They are all very new, and in great condition
I don't have anyone to give them to who would actually fit, find use, and take good care of them like I do. Certain ones I could sell (say, on craigslist) but the thought of taking photo, uploading, and posting is too big of a project for the limited time & energy I have now. (By the way, on that one, is there an easier way to sell used, well conditioned clothing?)
Along with the closet decluttering question is a side question - how do I dress attractively, nicely, but comfortly and practically as a mama of young babies?
Would appreciate any tips on this one!