or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › Alaska and Hawaii › March-ing Toward Spring in Alaska (mama's chat)
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

March-ing Toward Spring in Alaska (mama's chat) - Page 3

post #41 of 48

OMG! That' just insane.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik-E View Post

Totally off topic but this has me super mad & I would appreciate it if you would care to support my friend.

 

My very dear friend and fellow WAHM diaper maker Shannan of FBC has a broken bone because of a vaccume sales representative.
Her 9 month old preemie son that very nearly did not live & wears a heart monitor has a broken arm as well. All this because the vaccume demonstrator left a wet mess in her bathroom & did not bother to clean up or tell her he screwed up!!!

EDIT : Please keep Shannan & family in thoughts / prayers. I have removed the rest of the info & will pass on the suggestions to Shannan. Thank you to everyone that offered support!!

~~Rachel



 

post #42 of 48

 Yep, in Anch.  Not beautiful but still hardy Stokke chairs :)

post #43 of 48

the next Alaska Birth Network meeting is in WASILLA!!

 

I hope to see some of our valley ladies show up.

Our special guest is Dr. Glen Elrod (with back up speaker Stella Lyn in case Dr has a Birth To attend)

 

April is Cesarean Awareness Month.

 

Sunday, April 10th,

1:30pm to 3:00pm

Mat-Su Midwifery Building

2650 E. Broadview Ave.

 

Carpooling from Anchorage is available! I have 4 seats in my van. PM me for more info.

post #44 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik-E View Post

HI!!!  I'm newer to this forum but I see you are in Wasilla like me.  :-)



 



 

 

I am!   How old are your kiddos?  I'm forever trying to find folks for my daughter to have play dates with (she's homeschooled)

 

 

Bubblingbrook.... HURRAY!!!!  I'm SO happy for you guys!  I know it's been a rough road for you both and I hope your adoption goes seamlessly!! 

 

 

Has anyone here ever fostered?   I'm seriously considering it.   The only apprehension I have is I tend to get very attached and I'm afraid it will destroy me emotionally.  


 

 

post #45 of 48


Awesome!!  ONe I can actually come to. LOL  And at my midwive's too.  :-)

Do I have to RSVP or anything?

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadfamily6now View Post

the next Alaska Birth Network meeting is in WASILLA!!

 

I hope to see some of our valley ladies show up.

Our special guest is Dr. Glen Elrod (with back up speaker Stella Lyn in case Dr has a Birth To attend)

 

April is Cesarean Awareness Month.

 

Sunday, April 10th,

1:30pm to 3:00pm

Mat-Su Midwifery Building

2650 E. Broadview Ave.

 

Carpooling from Anchorage is available! I have 4 seats in my van. PM me for more info.



 

post #46 of 48

I have 3 kiddlets. Bub, my only boy, is 7 & attends the waldorf charter school. Bella is 3.5 & Tater Bug is 14 months. I have a have a friedn with 3 boys & 1 girl that just moved up here & they homeschool too.
 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icequeen_in_ak View Post



 

I am!   How old are your kiddos?  I'm forever trying to find folks for my daughter to have play dates with (she's homeschooled)

 

 

Bubblingbrook.... HURRAY!!!!  I'm SO happy for you guys!  I know it's been a rough road for you both and I hope your adoption goes seamlessly!! 

 

 

Has anyone here ever fostered?   I'm seriously considering it.   The only apprehension I have is I tend to get very attached and I'm afraid it will destroy me emotionally.  


 

 



 

post #47 of 48
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rik-E View Post


Awesome!!  ONe I can actually come to. LOL  And at my midwive's too.  :-)

Do I have to RSVP or anything?



 

You do not have to RSVP but if you join the Meet -Up group online you can RSVP and be updated about all things Alaska Birth Network! www.meetup.com/Alaska-birth-network
 

 

post #48 of 48
We tried to foster adopt, but nothing ever came of it.
Oddly enough, we had called OCS to see if our finger prints were still on file, ( expired greensad.gif ) and they actually tried to get both of us to turn the baby over to them so they could be in charge of the adoption. Crazyness. We turned them down, and have no intention of even letting them know who we the family is.
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Alaska and Hawaii
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Welcome to Mothering! › Connect With Other Moms › Moms In Your Area › Alaska and Hawaii › March-ing Toward Spring in Alaska (mama's chat)