What a positive thread this has been for the past day or two. (And so sorry to those who are having lots of pain right now! Please post if you want.... There is space here for every emotion, even as we celebrate with MBA!)
My exciting (ha ha) news is that I got an e-mail my SA stuff was shipped from the US. Assuming that mail does not take longer than normal, we'll probably be doing the SA in about 10 days and getting the results in less than a month. I feel awful thinking "Please God, let there be something wrong there," knowing that many suffer from male factor and can do very little about it. However, I have tried everything possible with myself in the past years and so if dh had an issue, things would finally make sense. Here though they are saying that the varicocele (not unlikely that could be causing the issues... dh does have one) operation is not all that helpful. The percentage they gave was depressing. However, I still would just like answers and if dh had a bad SA, had the operation and still had bad ones, we could move on, knowing the chances are not great.
In our case I would rather take something we could try to do something about, as if the couple were ever asked which problem they would prefer, hah. As we will not be doing IUI or anything, the end of the road can come pretty quickly. It seems that here they often don't even operate the varicoceles, as the results are so much better just doing IVF (or which it is they would suggest, not sure.) Anyway... It is strangely exciting to think we might know why soon. This would be a better thing for us than having immune issues, which we won't have the money to do anything about. (This country recognizes them but there is no treatment here.)
I know I have said this many times, but I would just like to know if more babies are not likely. Then we could very seriously try to see how we both feel about either remaining a family of 3 or figuring out how to afford adoption. I know dd would like to adopt. I do think I would, also. It is dh that needs to know our real situation and then move on. IF that is our situation. I suppose waiting some months is not so long, as we have already waited for years.