Well, that's what I get for posting "Nothing much going on....I don't think my OB appt will be very exciting".
I went to my appointment Thursday afternoon and my blood pressure was up again. They wanted to monitor the baby, but while we were waiting for the room, the OB decided to do a quick U/S to check the baby's fluid level. The level was low (slightly below borderline). After consulting with the OB on duty at the hospital, the office OB came back and said "You need to get to the hospital...we need to get the baby out...and the OB on call won't induce with pit." So, after sobbing in the parking lot and processing the fact that I was probably going to have another C/S, I drove home got my stuff together and DP & I headed to the hospital.
There are too many details to type out right now, but essentially I got there, spent the night being monitored and pumped full of IV fluids, and by morning my fluid was up and my blood pressure was down & they released me. If the office OB had said "I need you go go get IV fluids and spend the night being monitored", that would have been one thing. But she jumped right to "We have to get the baby out NOW". I think most people would have gone in and just had the C/S, but the OB on call at the hospital knew that I want a VBAC, so she started this other treatment plan. I appreciate it, but it would have been nice to have a heads up.
I also had my membranes swept twice and I'm up to 4cm & 70% effaced.
So, how I'm home, 38 weeks and on bedrest to keep my blood pressure down. It seems silly because I'm full-term, and I don't necessarily need to keep the baby IN, but I appreciate having an excuse to not go to work.
BTW- I'm REALLY bad at bedrest. Really bad.