I am a total dork about Braxton Hicks. I just don't get what people are describing BUT I do get these odd muscle contractions and think they may be BH.
Here is a description of what I have:
- They usually in the morning or if I'm relaxing in the bath after a long day.
- They are start spontaneously but I can usually stop them by relaxing
- They have no pattern and are usually single incidences because I relax to make it go away
- They seem to start somewhere around my abdomen/uterus and then kind of pull the rest of my body inwards - almost like gently pulling me into the fetal position.
- They are not painful at all. I would describe it as tension - almost like a strong shiver or chill but with muscle tension.
- I feel as though I could almost make the happen if I wanted.
- If I were to HAVE to ID where the tension is most focused on in my uterus I would say it is actually at the top.
The reason I would like to know better what these are is because I actually had these during DC's labor and mistook the sensation for the urge to push. I'd love to know what it is just so I can read a little about it. They aren't bothersome...just kind of a fascination. I asked my MW and she didn't seem to know for sure - said it probably was BH but didn't seem to have heard of BH during labor.
Thanks for your help!!