or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Fitness and Weight Management › March Weight Watchers
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

March Weight Watchers

post #1 of 26
Thread Starter 

I thought I'd start the March thread.

 

I'm doing ok, but I'm in a food rut.  What are you r fav snacks and sides?

post #2 of 26

Here are some things that I love as a snack:

 

smoothie with banana  and frozen fruit and soy milk

baby carrots, red peppers, cucumbers, pretzels, pitas dipped in hummus

banana or apple with 1T of peanut butter or almond butter

popcorn

greek yogurt with a sprinkle of cereal

small bowl of lentil soup

 

I've had a rough week.  I had a small procedure done and am unable to walk much, let alone exercise at all.  This has been tough mentally, and the scale also shows I am up a pound or two.  I'm worried how long I will take to recover, I know I need to let my body heal, but at the same time, I miss running.  Sitting or laying around all day is hard.  Hopefully this Friday I will get cleared to start 'moving' again.  

 

I have been doing so much better with the tracking though.  I really stopped for months, and it feels good to be tracking most days.  Not every single day, but most.  

 

 

post #3 of 26
Thread Starter 

I'm down 2lbs this week!  I might reach my mini goal of 155 by next Friday! 

 

mama_y_sol did you get cleared to start moving again?  We had the flu here a few weeks ago and I was out of exercising for 2 weeks between myself and the sick kids so I know you feel.  Cut yourself some slack about the pound or two though.  Hopefully you'll drop it pretty fast.

post #4 of 26


Woohoo! Awesome job Honey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post

I'm down 2lbs this week!  I might reach my mini goal of 155 by next Friday! 

 

mama_y_sol did you get cleared to start moving again?  We had the flu here a few weeks ago and I was out of exercising for 2 weeks between myself and the sick kids so I know you feel.  Cut yourself some slack about the pound or two though.  Hopefully you'll drop it pretty fast.



I was traveling this week and was a bad tracker.  I don't think I will post a loss on Sunday but I don't think I have gained either.

post #5 of 26

hi everyone,

 

honey, i did not get clearance to get moving.  Instead I was told to wait another week.  Very disappointing.  Thank you for your support, though, it really helps.  And you are totally right about cutting myself some slack.  I need to let myself recover...or I have have to have the entire procedure done again.

post #6 of 26
Thread Starter 

How do you guys deal with emotional eating?  DH has been working crazy hours lately, the kids miss him so they're nuts and I'm exhausted.  I've been going to the gym in the morning, but night rolls around and I end up eating half my fridge.

 

That being said I hit my first goal last week!  I overate by about 20 points, but I made it up in activity points.

post #7 of 26

Can anyone join this thread? I'm signing up for WW tomorrow about I see my doctor. I've tried low-carb, etc. but decided I finally need some official and structured help.

 

Emotional eating? Yes. I find I eat when I'm stressed or bored and being a new mother has given lots of opportunities for both. I end up grazing a lot. In the past, it helped to keep trigger foods out of the house (even things like nuts- i cant stop with just a handful.) If I can keep some "free" foods in the house and actually go to those when I'm hungry or have a craving, that helps. Also, drinking water, chewing gum. But even more: trying to talk to myself when I go to the fridge. Why am I emotionally eating? What's really going on?

 

 

My son is 5mos. I see being inactive as one of my biggest challenges. (Ok. And that I totally emotionally eat!!)

 

post #8 of 26


 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post

How do you guys deal with emotional eating?  DH has been working crazy hours lately, the kids miss him so they're nuts and I'm exhausted.  I've been going to the gym in the morning, but night rolls around and I end up eating half my fridge.

 

That being said I hit my first goal last week!  I overate by about 20 points, but I made it up in activity points.


Still struggle with this. I have started keeping lots of cut up veggies in the fridge so at least when I do it there's something free to grab.

 



Quote:
Originally Posted by heybabyquepaso View Post

Can anyone join this thread? I'm signing up for WW tomorrow about I see my doctor. I've tried low-carb, etc. but decided I finally need some official and structured help.

 

Emotional eating? Yes. I find I eat when I'm stressed or bored and being a new mother has given lots of opportunities for both. I end up grazing a lot. In the past, it helped to keep trigger foods out of the house (even things like nuts- i cant stop with just a handful.) If I can keep some "free" foods in the house and actually go to those when I'm hungry or have a craving, that helps. Also, drinking water, chewing gum. But even more: trying to talk to myself when I go to the fridge. Why am I emotionally eating? What's really going on?

 

 

My son is 5mos. I see being inactive as one of my biggest challenges. (Ok. And that I totally emotionally eat!!)

 



Of course! Welcome! Are you doing the online or meeting WW? I am 10 months post partum with my second and am definitely trying to break some bad habits. I have out here and on the postpartum weight loss thread. Lots of inspiration on both.

post #9 of 26

I guess I joined both? I did it today- my goal was meetings and I accidentally first signed up for the pass and then changed my subscription to meetings (and I just need to make sure I'm not double-charged!) It's exciting and a little scary- what if I fail, you know? Gotta try something though. I found out I gained when I went to my doctor today!

post #10 of 26
Thread Starter 
Quote:
Originally Posted by heybabyquepaso View Post

I guess I joined both? I did it today- my goal was meetings and I accidentally first signed up for the pass and then changed my subscription to meetings (and I just need to make sure I'm not double-charged!) It's exciting and a little scary- what if I fail, you know? Gotta try something though. I found out I gained when I went to my doctor today!



You can do it!  Just remember it's not going to come flying off (I have to constantly remind myself of this) and every little but counts!

post #11 of 26

Can I join??  I'm new to WW - started today actually!  I'm 240 and goal weight is 145.....  Looong way to go.  Itty bitty baby steps.  Once I hit goal we are planning on TTC!

post #12 of 26

heybabyquepaso- I was so scared of failing when I started.  I was really skeptical too.  "what if it works for everyone else in the world, but doesn't work for me?"  I figured I would give it one week.  I stuck with it really well that first week, eager to see if anything happened.  I lost 4.6lbs that first week.  And that was just the beginning.  I am the type of person who worries a lot about failing.  So much, that I almost never started WW.  But I am so glad I did.  WW was the "only" thing that ever worked for me and I really believe in their program.  I think you've taken the first hardest step, which is realizing you want to make a change.  How are your first couple of days going?

post #13 of 26

Thanks :) So far, it's been ok. I mean, I'm excited to see change and that's been kind of fun. Eating hasn't been that bad but I think it's in part because I have a lot of points to work with (I'm still EBF with LO). I think the hardest thing has been how hungry I still feel, which leads to cravings and wanting to snack and then trying to find something to eat that isn't going to be bad for me. Tomorrow is my first meeting- I chose the option with meetings so that I could get some in-person support and this particular meeting has a mommy and me option so I'm excited :)

 

post #14 of 26

I think you can (if I can!). On Thursday, I was at 229 so I am right there with you!

post #15 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey693 View Post





You can do it!  Just remember it's not going to come flying off (I have to constantly remind myself of this) and every little but counts!



ahah! well, because I'm still EBFing my LO I am going to try to be intentional about pacing myself!

post #16 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by heybabyquepaso View Post

Thanks :) So far, it's been ok. I mean, I'm excited to see change and that's been kind of fun. Eating hasn't been that bad but I think it's in part because I have a lot of points to work with (I'm still EBF with LO). I think the hardest thing has been how hungry I still feel, which leads to cravings and wanting to snack and then trying to find something to eat that isn't going to be bad for me. Tomorrow is my first meeting- I chose the option with meetings so that I could get some in-person support and this particular meeting has a mommy and me option so I'm excited :)

 


I think the hunger gets easier. It was hard for me too when I first started. Remember vegetables and fruit are free. I always try to have cut up carrots, broccoli, etc in the fridge. I like creamy dressing so I have been making them using Greek yogurt as a base.  I have decided Greek yogurt is magic. Have fun at the meeting!

 

post #17 of 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by pacificbliss View Post
 I like creamy dressing so I have been making them using Greek yogurt as a base.  I have decided Greek yogurt is magic. Have fun at the meeting!

 

 

what do you add to it?
 

 

post #18 of 26

If I want a spicy dressing I add chipotle. Sometimes I add dill and a bit of garlic. If I want something more like ranch I will add salt, freshly ground pepper, parsley flakes, onion powder, dill. Sometimes I add lemon. You should play around with it. I add lemon to it and use it as a substitute for sour cream too. I thin it with water for salad dressing or use it thick as a dip. It has more protein than regular yogurt and a full cup of it is only 3 points.

post #19 of 26

oooh that sounds good, Pacificbliss.  I have been doing a lot of hummus dipping, as well as Amy Goddess dressing (have to be careful with portions there) but the greek yogurt dip is making my mouth water right now!

post #20 of 26

Thanks for the dip ideas.

 

I'm a lifetime member, but I quit going to meetings when we moved last summer, and my weight has been creeping up. I went to a meeting this week for the first time in AGES. I had to use my GPS system to get there. 

 

But I'm back on the wagon. thumb.gif

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: Fitness and Weight Management
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Mom › Women's Health  › Fitness and Weight Management › March Weight Watchers