We are going to be moving to Maryland from Canada and I want to move to a enlightened neighborhood around Fort Meade.
We are a plant-based diet eating, home-birthing, delayed/non-vaxxing,co-sleeping, tv-less family of five (6 month old, 2 and 5 yr old).
We are not concerned about the house prices. But we want:
- other people who share our values (and a way to meet them)
- access to safe (preferable nice scenery) running and biking
- access to play parks, swimming and other activities for the kids
- organic, vegetarian food choices (groceries and restaurants)
- access to health care whom are accepting of our choices
How and where is your neighborhood? What do you like about it and what don't you like?
My other concern is school for my eldest. I have been checking out schools on-line and I am surprised about the school lunch. I find a lot of fried food/meat/white bread. How do you deal with that? My choices for schools are either public or catholic private. Any recommendation for schools?
Your input is greatly appreciated.