Originally Posted by jessica_s
I know you've got a very little one, have you looked up the medications you were given in Hale's book (you can search on Amazon.com) or here http://toxnet.nlm.nih.gov/cgi-bin/sis/htmlgen?LACT
You might have already done that and can't nurse until later but if your Dr/Dentist told you to wait I'd look it up! A lot of times they are overly conservative when there's no reason to stop nursing. Good luck mama!
I used the warmline at the hospital where I gave birth and the nurse looked all of the medications for me. One of the meds in the general anesthesia was an L2 or an L3 and it was recommended to wait. At least I have a partner that is taking good care of her an making it a little bit better.
Babycakes & Ashley- Thanks! I am not pumping and dumping, just waiting for it to work through my system. I pumped ahead of time and DD is drinking that she just hates the bottle.
Kitkat- are you having local or general anesthesia? Find out ahead of time what they're giving you and get each med checked out, it may be a non-issue. I hope for you and babe that it isn't a problem! Can you rent a pump?