or Connect
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › Adopting baby and do not want to vax...
New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:

Adopting baby and do not want to vax...

post #1 of 11
Thread Starter 
...how to proceed?
Baby is 4 weeks old, and we are adopting her privately. It will be some months before everything is complete.
We are anti vax, but are unsure what to do. I have a feeling we may have to concede to some vaxs before paperwork is complete.
Is it possible to work with the bio parents ( friends ) to file a no vax paper with us?
Or should we look at a delayed schedule for the duration?

We will be homeschooling, so I am not concerned about school stuff.
Oh, and we are in Alaska, and I will Xpost in my tribe.
post #2 of 11

.  


Edited by member234098 - 6/10/12 at 4:33pm
post #3 of 11
Thread Starter 
She is a local baby, that friends of ours have asked us to adopt.

ETA: Should have mentioned, she has been with us for a full week already.
post #4 of 11


Edited by member234098 - 6/10/12 at 4:32pm
post #5 of 11
Talking to your lawyer is a good idea but perhaps state it something like 'we want her to see our pedatrition for her health needs and we will make an apt once adoption is finalized?'

To me it seems like they would just assume you will vax and you don't have to argue about it to the bio parents, state, or anyone else.
post #6 of 11

not sure what advice I can give. I have been a surrogate before but all our adoption paperwork was handled pre-birth. once born, the Intended Parents had all the rights and made all the decisions.

What are the "rules" you have to follow to get the adoption processed?

post #7 of 11

Dr Tenpenny's book Saying No to Vaccines, has a section that addresses this topic.

post #8 of 11

When we discussed adoption in the past this was a big issue for me. All the stuff I read pretty much said that until the adoption was final you were at risk of having the child removed for not vaxing or even selective delaying unless there was proven medical reason not to.

post #9 of 11
Thread Starter 
What if the bio parents back the no vax decision as well?
post #10 of 11

I would definitely try posting in the adoption forums. I have seen vax related threads there before!
Goodluck mama! and congratulations!

post #11 of 11

having the bio parents on board would probably totally help. or maybe you could find a no vax friendly ped to give you a medical exception? if you give it to them straight they might be willing... maybe

 

i no you don't want her vaxed at all and i hope you don't have too but if in the end you do end up getting her vaxed for adoption at least will only be the first round and then you can not finish the vaxes.... which.. is better then nothing :hug

New Posts  All Forums:Forum Nav:
  Return Home
  Back to Forum: I'm Not Vaccinating
Mothering › Mothering Forums › Baby › Baby Health › Vaccinations › I'm Not Vaccinating › Adopting baby and do not want to vax...